Tony Romo is headed to the Super Bowl

shabazz

Reaction score
I got it!! Romo is like those energizing youthful upbeat jovial announcers,who do those beach volleyball tournaments on ESPN 2. People enjoy his lighthearted delivery,and how he relates like a fan does with all his...”Eeeeeeek....no ewwww...yesssss he got it Jim!” reactions.

Wrong sir. It’s because of his astute knowledge of the game. He is substance over style. Just like his quarterback play. The imposter currently at the Qb position is the one that actually fits your description. All flash, no gas

Hadenough

Reaction score
Tony Romo is headed to the Super Bowl, as the lead commentator for CBS.

I had to make that joke, but boy is Romo a great announcer or what? I don't think there is anybody better than him. He can see every play before it happens. If he had more natural physical talent (and a coach who isn't renowned for his clapping affinity), he could've easily gone down as the GOAT.

Either way - I am genuinely excited to watch Romo call this game and show the entire football world how great of a mind he has for the game.
Romo is a great commentator and should call that game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His one year as a starter with Parcells, the only legit great coach he had. Wade destroyed the roster, did not develop one great player. Garrett had to suffer through cap hell before rebuilding the roster. As soon as the we had a team that could really compete Romo's body quit on him. He single handed kept us relevant for years.

Bingo

JMech

Reaction score

I had to make that joke, but boy is Romo a great announcer or what? I don't think there is anybody better than him. He can see every play before it happens. If he had more natural physical talent (and a coach who isn't renowned for his clapping affinity), he could've easily gone down as the GOAT.

Either way - I am genuinely excited to watch Romo call this game and show the entire football world how great of a mind he has for the game.

As a color commentator, he has no peer currently. Listening to Aikman had me screaming all afternoon. I could be drunk as hell and provide more meaningful commentary to the game than Troy. Loved him as a Cowboy, but Fox should be ashamed for giving us those two idiots for the game. They told you nothing, missed important stuff that was going on and should not be covering a game of that magnitude.

Listening to Romo was a breath of fresh air. He saw the opportunities. Described what was going on. Predicted what needed to happen for them to be successful. Called out a bad play. Gave great plays appropriate recognition. Everything done with grace and beauty.

Aikman is best appreciated with mute on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong sir. It’s because of his astute knowledge of the game. He is substance over style. Just like his quarterback play. The imposter currently at the Qb position is the one that actually fits your description. All flash, no gas
No need to bash Prescott while correctly referring to Romo. Neither men are tied at the hip.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
What would really suck for Romo is if the Cowboys were playing. That would be tough. But he doesn't have to worry about that for a while. I don't see them in the Superbowl for many years while we still have the:clap:.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here’s a clip from one of Belichick’s comments about Romo last year:

“He sees a lot of things—a lot of fine points of defensive scheme or a play that Id say a lot of guys I talk to don’t...”

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Romo is a natural broadcaster given his knowledge, enthusiasm, and likability. Teaming with Jim Nance helps as well. Best broadcasting tandem since Madden and Summerall. Glad they are doing the Super Bowl this year.

silvrNblue

Reaction score

Well, the truly saddest part to this headline is he is going, but not as a player which in my mind he deserved. TR gave up a lot in his time health wise to a owner who never gave 2 craps about winning squat. But hey, at least he IS going to one now.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
His one year as a starter with Parcells, the only legit great coach he had. Wade destroyed the roster, did not develop one great player. Garrett had to suffer through cap hell before rebuilding the roster. As soon as the we had a team that could really compete Romo's body quit on him. He single handed kept us relevant for years.
And he also was the reason we didn't get further in the playoffs. He takes the blame as well as credit. Again keep making excuses but he didn't get the job done. He is a failure

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Here’s a clip from one of Belichick’s comments about Romo last year:

“He sees a lot of things—a lot of fine points of defensive scheme or a play that Id say a lot of guys I talk to don’t...”
That's some obvious major kudos of praiseworthy respect being bestowed upon our #9 coming from the imperviously pinnacled captains redoubt of formidable footballish fortitude:thumbup:

,,,er,,,o_O

aria

Reaction score
Oh boy, this is GREAT news! All the people who got their panties in a wad yesterday because I discredited their claim that Romo was always right and offered to point every time he was wrong, as well as right, in a live thread next year to see whether he was right or wrong more often (I’ll go with close to 50/50 at best) will get to find out about 9 months early.

See ya’ll in the live thread Super Bowl Sunday. P.S Don’t get your feelers hurt when I call out the Almighty Romo!