Tony Romo is much better than Troy Aikman at the job

75boyz

Reaction score
Troy watches and points out things as the game is being played in a more traditional style.

Tony often tells you what to expect before the play happens in a style he personally has become known for.

To each his own.

CoachD

Reaction score
Romo wasn't a better quarterback and he's not a better announcer either actually, he's annoying at both.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman was more horrific than usual yesterday. The game drags and some of the comments are downright frustrating and borderline moronic.

thank god they are no longer on fox. Romo on CBS puts Troy to shame
I assumed that it was a universal opinion with regards Romo being better than Aikman as a commentator.

I don't dislike Aikman as a commentator, but he does not provide much insight.

It seems obvious that Romo reviews game film and that Aikman just goes by other people's opinion or rumors about the prior performance of players.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Both are good in their own way.
It's really just s a matter of preference.

CoachD

Reaction score
Having Buck in the booth does nobody any favors. Dude is horrible.
What annoys me the most about Buck is when there is a big play or even when there's not he always says "no flags" or so and so is "looking for a flag" listen for this next time I bet he says it at least 20 times per game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Troy's eyes were bloodshot red again at the half camera time. Enjoying the fruits of his labor.
My eyes get cherry red after a shower, so bad even eye drops take hours for them to whiten. get bloodshot or being under water a lot or when i dont sleeps well or when i have migraine etc etc means nothing..

foofighters

Reaction score
Aikman was more horrific than usual yesterday. The game drags and some of the comments are downright frustrating and borderline moronic.

Buck and Aikman are just old in terms of broadcasting. With all the glitz that ESPN is trying to do with MNF, it's still bad. Their sideline reporter is awful. The pregame guys/shows caters to to the casual fan. I mean, at halftime, Jimmy Kimmel comes on with Buck. And then there's Booger. Why is he still employed there? In the end, Buck and Aikman won't save MNF as long as ESPN has it. Tony and Nance are #1 and it's not even close.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I didn't hear much of the commentary where I was, but I did hear him refer to the end zone holding of Brown as "tangled up".

blueblood70

Reaction score
Both are good in their own way.
It's really just s a matter of preference.
he was horrible last night towing NY League company line not admitting how bad call or non call were and seems to go out of his way to put dig on the Cowboys.,romo call it like it is.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Tony just seems like a happier person and it comes across on the broadcast.

Troy looks haggard and miserable at times and that comes across too. Not gonna speculate here on why he has some inner rage

Swagger

Reaction score
With Romo I can understand why people will either like or loathe his style in the commentary box. I'm not a fan of Aikman on commentary - I personally don't benefit from listening to him and I don't find him funny/amusing to help pass the time in between plays. Mute is the best option sadly but he was a legend as a player.

links18

Reaction score
What annoys me the most about Buck is when there is a big play or even when there's not he always says "no flags" or so and so is "looking for a flag" listen for this next time I bet he says it at least 20 times per game.

Well, it's the NFL, otherwise known as Flag City.

links18

Reaction score
Tony just seems like a happier person and it comes across on the broadcast.

Troy looks haggard and miserable at times and that comes across too. Not gonna speculate here on why he has some inner rage
He probably looked haggard and miserable as a player too. Like when he was screaming at temamates to do their dang jobs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every color analyst doing these games would be twice as good if they talked half as much, including Aikman and Romo.

I am so old I can recall when we only needed one pro broadcaster to be alongside us to watch the game and keep the flow. These 2/3 man booths are too busy to enjoy the ambience of the crowd and the stadium.

I will say this for Aikman, he doesn't look as moronic as Romo does doing Corona and Subway spots.

dfense

Reaction score
My eyes get cherry red after a shower, so bad even eye drops take hours for them to whiten. get bloodshot or being under water a lot or when i dont sleeps well or when i have migraine etc etc means nothing..
I don't think Troy was lathering up at the half.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

yeah and Buck was worse