Tony Romo is much better than Troy Aikman at the job

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Aikman was awful last night.
Everything about it was bad.
Maybe it was the new set up or whatever but he was so bad at pointing out stuff then on replay it wasn't even what happened lol.
Getting guys names/numbers wrong.
It was really bad.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That whole network, stadium, ref crew and everyone else in the area were hoping so hard for Dallas to lose last night Making the win that much sweeter

This is why conspiracy theories exist for every fan base. It's a greater triumph when you win "against the odds" and a built-in excuse for when you lose. Safety either way.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
He probably looked haggard and miserable as a player too. Like when he was screaming at temamates to do their dang jobs.
Yeah I think that is just who he is as a professional. That's the way he carries himself on the job.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
This is why conspiracy theories exist for every fan base. It's a greater triumph when you win "against the odds" and a built-in excuse for when you lose. Safety either way.
If they lost last night it would’ve been a typical cowboys moment for me. I’m happy either way.

Gorgon

Reaction score
I watched the Manning cast. Peyton ad libs pretty well and offered good insight. Eli more of a sidekick. Jimmy was a guest in a good segment. Thought they went a little too long with Pat McAfee and the guy from SNL. Bottom line besides radio there are alternatives to the ESPN broadcast.
I turned the sound off. I thought they added nothing.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Aikman was more horrific than usual yesterday. The game drags and some of the comments are downright frustrating and borderline moronic.

thank god they are no longer on fox. Romo on CBS puts Troy to shame
Agree. Except for Romo, few of these people add anything. Most forgot the Gifford/Cossell/Meredith rule: it's about the GAME.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I might be in the minority, but i like both aikman and romo's commentary. They are the only guys i look forward to hearing

lukemartin79

Reaction score
My biggest gripe about the game last night was ESPN's broadcast not showing replays!

A football broadcast has to do two things, show the play and show the replay -- if there is time for other shots fine -- but show the damn replays.

ESPN is terrible.
I agree. There were so many times I was waiting to see the replay and ESPN just went on with the game. No replay. Even Buck/Aikman didn't acknowledge it. I thought it was very strange. Is that the norm for ESPN? I don't have cable/dish so I just watch games on FOX, NBC and CBS - where we see multiple replays. I felt lucky they put the game on ABC for us free tv people, but the broadcast was very poor all the way around. ESPN is a level or two below those other networks. At least I got to see the game and we won.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
I love both Troy and tony.

I’ll say this. That packer/buc game was hindered by fox’ news top crew. Berkhardt and olsen are terrible.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo sounds like he's sitting next to you on your couch talking about the game. Troy sounds like he's wearing a suit and tie, even if you can't see him. Both are good at what they do, just different. And that's fine. I'm glad two former Cowboys QBs are at the top of the broadcasting game. Better ex-Cowboys than some former players from teams I can't stand.