News: Tony Romo Isn't Going Anywhere

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
Wow, great article. Thanks for sharing.

“That just tells you what kind of guy he is,” third-year linebacker Anthony Hitchens said of Romo. “He may be out right now, but he’s as big of a part of this team as he ever was.”

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Thanks for posting -- excited to give this a read.

Tony has always been a competitor, but I think there's no doubt that Dak's presence has lit an extra fire under him. Never before has he been pushed like this for his job here. You think he wants to just give it up? Hell no. Dez joking that he has abs now tells you what kind of work is being done behind the scenes.

I couldn't be more excited to see where this season takes us. Be it Dak, the rookie sensation, or Romo, the old gunslinger, Cowboys games will be must-watch TV.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
BTW...Bleacher Report is really starting to churn out some fantastic reads.
It's all about the author/writer. But I agree.

I also want that picture of Tony kissing Hawkins as my screensaver. That's gonna be a handsome young man.

Gabe

Reaction score
Really good read. He's had a LOT of chances to have that breakthrough season and for a variety of reasons it just hasn't happened for him. Good to hear he is supportive of Dak. I also agree with him that this team can win it all.

I think it is best for everyone for him to get well and get ready to compete next season with a restructured contract. I think most can agree on that. It wouldn't even be like he won a Super Bowl if he entered now anyway as Dak has won most of the games this year.

Again, I truly hope he gets well and comes back ready to compete next season.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Tony converts his 14m base salary into a new 2yr deal to be the back-up...........he makes 7m a year and gets to stay in DAL with his family and friends

He cannot stay under his current deal

MagicMan

Reaction score
Tony converts his 14m base salary into a new 2yr deal to be the back-up...........he makes 7m a year and gets to stay in DAL with his family and friends

He cannot stay under his current deal

That would be great.....plus he could stay on as an assistant coach helping out Dak and the offense and win some SB rings as a coach. Might even help his HOF credentials. Would not mind that at all. :thumbup: