News: Tony Romo Isn't Going Anywhere

dallasdave

Reaction score
I don't know if this was a reply to someone, Rob, because I have some folks on ignore now, but that was a marvelous post, buddy. This is exactly how I feel. Very succinctly put, and I just wanted to co-sign it (for whatever that's worth to you). :)

Tell 'em Rob, it's okay to love Romo and still root hard for Dak. :)
:lmao::popcorn:

rpntex

Reaction score
He's not going to be better than Dak because he's been one of the most efficient QBs in the league this season. Romo is going to turn the ball over more than Dak and he's going to take more sacks. We lose the read option with Romo. Do you not understand how important an element the read option has been to our offense this season? Do you honestly think the players are going to want Dak benched? You don't think making a QB change in the midst off all the winning we're doing isn't going to divide the locker room? Benching Dak for Romo could destroy the chemistry this team has why can't you see that? This team believes in Dak.

Every word you posted is nothing more than speculation, assumption, and opinion. You may be 100% right, but we won't know until we see Romo on the field. The last time we saw a fully healthy Tony Romo play a full game, he completed 80% of his passes for better than 350 yards and 3 TDs. He also threw two INTs - one that bounced off Devin Street's hands, and another that bounced off of Witten's. To top it off, he led the Cowboys on a 7-yard game-winning drive in the final 1:34 with no timeouts.

In my opinion, that's enough to warrant taking a look at what a fully healthy Romo can do in this offense. Until we see him in action, not one of us will know what Romo has left in the tank...not even you.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
People who think this team can't wait to move on from Romo don't know him. The team does. With a healthy Romo all year this team is very likely still 6-1 or even better.

He is an incredible asset to this team and all the haters can suck it.

I love the 'when healthy'. Thing is, that is never happening. He's too brittle now. He can't handle the pounding you take as a QB. Even the most basic hits and he will be injured again.

Have no idea how people can't see this and live in some parallel universe where Romo can stay healthy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Every word you posted is nothing more than speculation, assumption, and opinion. You may be 100% right, but we won't know until we see Romo on the field. The last time we saw a fully healthy Tony Romo play a full game, he completed 80% of his passes for better than 350 yards and 3 TDs. He also threw two INTs - one that bounced off Devin Street's hands, and another that bounced off of Witten's. To top it off, he led the Cowboys on a 7-yard game-winning drive in the final 1:34 with no timeouts.

In my opinion, that's enough to warrant taking a look at what a fully healthy Romo can do in this offense. Until we see him in action, not one of us will know what Romo has left in the tank...not even you.

It's pretty easy to speculate on how Romo might look if he see the field this season, based on how he's looked in the recent past after coming off injuries and a number of missed games. Like I keep saying he's never going to be fully healthy having 3 different back injuries. The game you're talking about in which he threw for better than 350 yards and 3 TD's was 14 months ago and since then he's suffered 2 broken collarbones and a broken back. He's missed 18 games since that opening day game vs the Giants in 2015. If he sees the field again he's going to take some hits and sacks and who knows what effect that might have. People don't normally return from broken backs and subject themselves to more punishment. Injuries, inactivity along with his age are bound to take their toll on his skills at some point.

In my opinion and in the opinion of those who get paid to talk football, nothing other than an injury to Dak or a collapse of his game warrants replacing him to see what Romo can do in this offense. Romo isn't needed right now because the QB that's playing is getting it done and we're winning football games with him. We're tied for the best record in the entire league and are 2 games up in our division. We're in the midst of a great season and you don't make a QB change until you need to make a QB change. You don't attempt fix something that's been as good as we've seen in a couple of years.

We have a real shot at going somewhere this season with this QB if our defense can somehow hold up and find a pass rush. Our offense is ranked two spots higher than it was in 2014 with Romo. This could be a very special season and we don't need to screw it up by making a QB change when the QB we have has been one of the most efficient QB's in the league in 2016. Some of you seem more interested in Romo having a last hurrah even if it means another disappointing end to a promising season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Dallas had to play New England in two weeks, for the Super Bowl...then no doubt, I would go with Dak Prescott.

That just isn't the case now.

Tony Romo has to reprove himself, well before the playoffs. If Dallas wins in Pittsburgh, the Cowboys will be in the playoffs.

But to make it to the playoffs and do well, some things need to occur.

Top of that list, Dez Bryant needs to be brought back into the game plans effectively. If a physical catch is needed to secure a win, Dez is still the person that could best pull that off.

The team is getting little real pressure from the defensive front. But the defensive secondary is doing a good job. New England could push issues against both the offense and the Dallas defense...at present. Red Zone has to continue further, for the Cowboys.

The Cowboys still haven't given up a 100+ receiver or rusher...and that does point a positive direction.

As to a 'weak' schedule, next year's won't be affected more than two games, either way.

The issue for or against Tony Romo being at the helm, will be settled, less injury, well before the playoffs kick off,.