Twitter: Tony Romo on how Dak Prescott has grown since rookie year

plymkr

Reaction score
Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett ruined Romo's career. At least Jerry seemed like he learned his lesson and is not ruining Dak's.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
"All of a sudden the organization has gotten him 2.3.4 WRs..."

Cliffs - THANKS Cowboys for giving my successor all these weapons.
TO is a top 4 wide receiver of all time. Dez was an unstoppable jump ball receiver. There is NO ONE on the team like Jason Witten. We have neither of those.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"All of a sudden the organization has gotten him 2.3.4 WRs..."

Cliffs - THANKS Cowboys for giving my successor all these weapons.
Do you know how many first round draft picks Cowboys have wasted on wide receivers to help Tony Romo have a better selection . How many more weapons did you want to give him lol

joseephuss

Reaction score
2014 was close

Romo had Dez, Austin, Beasley, & Prime Witten with DeMarco Murray (not as good as our current WRs, but Witten better than our TEs. You can say Murray is not as good as Zeke which Ill agree, but he ran for 1850 yard that year)

Line was Smith, Leary, Fredrick, Martin, & Free (this is better than our current line)

That is the only team even close to talent wise as good as this one. Here is what I'd say about it.

Dez = Cooper
Austin <<< Lamb
Beasley < Gallup
Witten >> Shultz
Demarco < Zeke/Pollard
2014 O line >> 2021 O line

The only advantage that team had on offense was O-line and TE. Everything else leans towards this offense. Both great offenses no doubt. As mentioned previously, this defense is the biggest difference between most of Romo's teams.

Miles Austin was with the Cleveland Browns in 2014. Terrance Williams was the other wideout on the 2014 team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was seldom allowed to be the play executioner, he had to be the play maker or too many times, the play creator.

I would watch other QB's execute the plays and while I did enjoy his Houdini act, it started to get old when he started to get injured. I faulted him for holding the ball too long and respected his courage trying to make a play at the same time. He never wanted to give up on a play.

I was relieved when Romo decided to hang it up because I did not want to see him on the turf again. He was a real warrior and he'd go all out on a play but I was getting the feeling he was a punchy boxer and unable to adequately protect himself. He was becoming a target.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Miles Austin was with the Cleveland Browns in 2014. Terrance Williams was the other wideout on the 2014 team.

tommy-boy-chris-farley.gif

Brax

Reaction score
Dak's rookie season equaled the best season Romo ever had and now Romo is saying Dak has grown since then? So how good is Dak? Is he now the Cowboys next Super Bowl winning QB?
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

Oh, chit, bro...now you did it! You are going to get nailed big time. How dare you, they are going to come for you with pitchforks in hand!

Brax

Reaction score
Oh, chit, bro...now you did it! You are going to get nailed big time. How dare you, they are going to come for you with pitchforks in hand!
Not a problem, so many are dancing just like in years past, I would rather wait for all the results to be in. The Dak sniffers are happy, good for them, it gets old but nothing has changed until the fat lady sings.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a problem, so many are dancing just like in years past, I would rather wait for all the results to be in. The Dak sniffers are happy, good for them, it gets old but nothing has changed until the fat lady sings.

Are you saying he's fat? lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Everybody asks "Who is this Romo guy?"

But nobody asks "How is this Romo guy?"

He's a guy that used to go by Homo, Brokeback, I think he was from Cabo, but then he went to Hollywood, to laid back to play sports and would be a loser if he tried.

Funny thing is he somehow met a rich wife and they bought themselves a Transistor radio, so that's all he is doing as far as I know?

Last edited: