Twitter: Tony Romo on how Dak Prescott has grown since rookie year

Brax

Reaction score
Dandy Don never won one....
Didn't say he did, was referring to turn out the lights on MNF he use to say the fat lady is singing turn out the lights . You need to back up a post or 2.

CWR

Reaction score
Because the Jets don't draft well. The Cowboys would have certainly done more with better draft position.

Dallas didn't always draft well either. We spent years on mediocre drafts. Romo did have a handful of seasons with pretty good rosters. For whatever reason he couldn't get us over the hump. Maybe that had more to do with JG? I also have a hard time blaming him for making sorry teams competitive. Sounds a lot more like a front office issue.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas didn't always draft well either. We spent years on mediocre drafts. Romo did have a handful of seasons with pretty good rosters. For whatever reason he couldn't get us over the hump. Maybe that had more to do with JG? I also have a hard time blaming him for making sorry teams competitive. Sounds a lot more like a front office issue.
It's true Dallas didn't always draft well so you must be agreeing with me. With better draft position Dallas would have drafted better. Romo did have a few seasons with pretty good rosters so you must be agreeing with be once again... with a better draft position Dallas could have had even better rosters during the Romo era. I totally give Romo credit for making sorry teams competitive. I'm so glad we agree so much. :)

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Dak's rookie season equaled the best season Romo ever had and now Romo is saying Dak has grown since then? So how good is Dak? Is he now the Cowboys next Super Bowl winning QB?
If you go by how the board was on Dak in the summer we would have traded him for a 7th round pick.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Only has been nothing but supportive of Dak. Although I think he is jealous that we actually have a defense and most of all coaches who can actually coach. I rather have Wade than JG.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Didn't say he did, was referring to turn out the lights on MNF he use to say the fat lady is singing turn out the lights . You need to back up a post or 2.
I know what you meant....I meant what is Said....if Dak doesn't get credit, then non of our former QBs that didn't win a SB should either.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Can't say they didn't try. They traded a 1st for Amari Cooper and traded a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams lol. TO was one of the best receivers of all time...Miles Austin was great until the hammy issues...Crayton was a solid slot receiver. Dez and Witten were beasts.
Ill give you TO but Crayton was trash along with a bunch of others. Romo made a ton of guys. Remember Robinsons one magic season, the guy from the Jags. Romo was the man just a fragile man with a terrible head coach and terrible defenses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ill give you TO but Crayton was trash along with a bunch of others. Romo made a ton of guys. Remember Robinsons one magic season, the guy from the Jags. Romo was the man just a fragile man with a terrible head coach and terrible defenses.

Ehh...I can't say Romo "made" anyone. Patrick Crayton was a very good slot receiver. He wasn't Wes Welker but he was a very good receiver. That playoff game stained the perception of how good he really was. HE was a nice safety blanket for Romo as was Witten.

Laurent Robinson was good before he got to Dallas. The reason he got to Dallas to begin with was because of injuries and concussions. No one ever questioned his skill.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Ehh...I can't say Romo "made" anyone. Patrick Crayton was a very good slot receiver. He wasn't Wes Welker but he was a very good receiver. That playoff game stained the perception of how good he really was. HE was a nice safety blanket for Romo as was Witten.

Laurent Robinson was good before he got to Dallas. The reason he got to Dallas to begin with was because of injuries and concussions. No one ever questioned his skill.
The playoff game should stain him....he solely lost that game and it wasnt even that terrible dropped pass, it was when he stopped running his route in the endzone. Woulda been an easy game winning TD.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Tony has to be jealous of this offense. Even the 2014 team (which was arguably Tony’s best offense) didn’t approach the depth and play making ability of this offense.
Tack on that atrocious defense, and special teams.

Brax

Reaction score
I know what you meant....I meant what is Said....if Dak doesn't get credit, then non of our former QBs that didn't win a SB should either.
Win a SB, He will get credit, why wouldn't he. I must of missed that post somehow. You talking about some other type credit?????

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Keep dreaming. Romo never threw for more than 2 TDs in any of the playoff games he started in. Dak threw for 3 in his first playoff game as a rookie and against the proven Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Dak brought the team back to tie the game with 39 seconds left in regulation after being down by 3 scores halfway through the 2nd quarter. Romo would not have pulled that off because he never did after 6 playoff games he started in.
exactly.

We had half a seasons worth of playoffs games from Tony.

Not ONCE did he show he could carry this team to the promise land. Meanwhile Dak + this offense made Bill Belicheck look like a rookie head coach despite Bill shutting down vets like Brady, Matt Ryan etc this season.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I dunno man.. T.O., Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton was a really good trio. Maybe not as good as this group but a hall of famer and a multiple 1000 yard season receiver aint to be sneezed at. And the teams that had Dez and Austin as the two primaries weren't no joke either. Oh and did I mention the hall of fame tight end Romo played his entire career with? And the 2014 o-line was light years better than this current version. And the running back was the NFL's leading rusher.. sooooo...

But only issue on Tony’s career he had a good OL 2-3 years only and at that time an average defense would have helped .

2 of Our best chance to have a playoff run was the Cabo - Giants 3rd time game and at GB where the da.. Murray fumble and Dez no catch didnt go our way.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
But only issue on Tony’s career he had a good OL 2-3 years only and at that time an average defense would have helped .

2 of Our best chance to have a playoff run was the Cabo - Giants 3rd time game and at GB where the da.. Murray fumble and Dez no catch didnt go our way.

Yeah Romo had some horrible luck. I remember thinking at the moment of the bobbled snap in Seattle "that's going to haunt this guy the rest of his career." I hoped I was wrong but that really set the tone for Romo's career.. Really good most of the time, but unlucky as hell at the worst possible time. It really played out that way for the most part. I feel bad for him.. I think he was good enough to win a championship if he just got one stinkin break along the way. Especially that 2014 year..