Tony Romo received mixed reaction at Mavs game *Merge*

DFWJC

Reaction score
aikemirv;3812930 said:
Heaven forbid your carefree... I have stepped into bizzarro world yet again!

One of the things I love about Romo is the fact that he does not take himself too seriously, he is down to earth, a regular guy and somebody that you would feel very comfortable with. He does not have a big head, does not think the world revolves around him and never takes credit for himself. He is the epitomy of the way sports stars should be!
I think for the most part this is very true.

It's always been odd to me that such a laid back and fairly humble guy would have dated several celebs. That alone has created a perception that he craves the limelight--which is not all that true. Even Aikman dated a cleb for awhile. A buch of NFL QBs do the same and don't hammered for it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
DFWJC;3812948 said:
I think for the most part this is very true.

It's always been odd to me that such a laid back and fairly humble guy would have dated several celebs. That alone has created a perception that he craves the limelight--which is not all that true. Even Aikman dated a cleb for awhile. A buch of NFL QBs do the same and don't hammered for it.

Exactly ...... Troy would be regarded the same way if he played in this internet/news crazy decade.

Comparison

Tony dated Jessica Simpson who is a Hot young Singer who used to be Married, he started Dating her in 2007 through 2008

Troy dated Lorrie Morgan who was a hot Country Singer who had previously been married, he started dating her at the end of 1992 through 1993.

Jessica wrote a song about Romo (the name escapes me)

Rumors are that Lorrie Morgan wrote the song "Heart over Mind" about breaking up with Troy in 1994

Tony dated Carrie Underwood right before he started dating Jessica

Troy dated Sandra Bullock right after he broke it off with Lorrie.

Tony plays in Golf tournaments

Troy made country albums

Tony is in Pepsi and Fox Sports commercials

Troy did Acme Brick and Kroger commercials

Doomsay

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3812935 said:
Only real negitive is he has not won a ring, other players including QB wear their baseball cap backwards and no one says one thing about it. Romo does it and some how he does not care or is care free and not a leader. I'm sorry this cap issue is about as lame as can be and says more about the people who holler about it than the real effect it has on his play.

Never sad it effected his play, that's not the discussion. Tony is one of the highest profile Cowboys in history, partially for his rags to riches ascendancy, his very public successes and failures and partially for the public image he has taken on, fairly or unfairly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3812937 said:
It's the same with the golfing crap. Tony goes golfing WITH Rogers also Matt Ryan plays in all the same celebrity tournaments and only one of them you would ever know even steps foot on the green.

Ben is an avid golfer himself and played in the day after US open challenge a couple of years ago no one made a big issue of it. Simple fact is when your winning people do not get their shorts in a bunch if not then all these other things must be the reason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doomsay;3812956 said:
Never sad it effected his play, that's not the discussion. Tony is one of the highest profile Cowboys in history, partially for his rags to riches ascendancy, his very public successes and failures and partially for the public image he has taken on, fairly or unfairly.

PR has nothing to do with it. They beat up on White why because we were not making it to SB. There was nothing carefree or flashy about White but we were not winning championship. This other stuff if people personal problem and if a guy is going to get upset because of how Romo wears his cap then it really shows that person does not have a clue. Win and people stop the back biting it is that simple.

ringmaster

Reaction score
:clap2:
aikemirv;3812930 said:
Heaven forbid your carefree... I have stepped into bizzarro world yet again!

One of the things I love about Romo is the fact that he does not take himself too seriously, he is down to earth, a regular guy and somebody that you would feel very comfortable with. He does not have a big head, does not think the world revolves around him and never takes credit for himself. He is the epitomy of the way sports stars should be!

MC KAos

Reaction score
classic mavs fans, he would get a standing O at the AT&T center

sago1

Reaction score
Not hard to understand in Dallas. I remember Aikman, who QB'd Cowboys to 3 SBs, being booed in Dallas in 96 & 97.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sago1;3813037 said:
Not hard to understand in Dallas. I remember Aikman, who QB'd Cowboys to 3 SBs, being booed in Dallas in 96 & 97.

Very true. I never thought I would see the day when the fans would boo him but they did

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
sago1;3813037 said:

Yup .... that made me sick.

ringmaster

Reaction score
zrinkill;3813076 said:
And while morons worry about how Tony wears his hat ......

Antonio Cromartie Has 9 Kids With 8 Women

http://www.parentdish.com/2011/01/14/anotnio-cromartie-kids/

:laugh2:
Damn!!!!

I would sure hate to be Antonio Cromartie when it comes to dealing with his babies mamas this Maury Povich, would be salvitaing at the mouth to have Cromartie and co on one of his paternity test shows.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
MacMahon is on GAC right now and he says he thinks most of whatever booing went on was coming from the bandwagon Laker fans in the building.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
fans are calling in and texting about romo wearing his cap backwards, and how the fans really booed romo at the mavericks game last night, about romo fixing to play golf,

randy galloway is talking about the romo hate and he cant understand it

what do you zoners think,

their talking about it, you can call in if you wish, but i dont know the number
but its 103.3 espn

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3813186 said:
fans are calling in and texting about romo wearing his cap backwards, and how the fans really booed romo at the mavericks game last night,

but its 103.3 espn

Check your dial. Realize where its at it.

All you need to know, you will find in that.

one of their favorite games in the offseason is to crap on all the players and then bring in the handful of listeners they have who all basically love it when we are struggling.

These guys do what their producers tell them to, and this is their schtick.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I think it's nothing new.

Death, taxes, and Romo criticism in the offseason based on golf and hat position.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Eh, like I said in another thread, MacMahon and a couple callers said it was mainly Laker fans. Of course there were tons of those guys in there last night.

And Galloway is saying anyone that booed Tony is an idiot and should have his or her kids taken away. :laugh2:

But hey... Some fans booed Troy at the end. There will always be fools out there who don't know anything.

I do have to chuckle at joe criticizing fans for complaining about Romo's golf, though. ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theebs;3813189 said:
Check your dial. Realize where its at it.

All you need to know, you will find in that.

one of their favorite games in the offseason is to crap on all the players and then bring in the handful of listeners they have who all basically love it when we are struggling.

These guys do what their producers tell them to, and this is their schtick.

Yeah, they screen the calls to make sure they get 'the fans' to say what they want.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3813186 said:
fans are calling in and texting about romo wearing his cap backwards, and how the fans really booed romo at the mavericks game last night, about romo fixing to play golf,

randy galloway is talking about the romo hate and he cant understand it

but its 103.3 espn

Can't understand it either. I think we are lucky to have one of the better QB's in the league.