Tony Romo received mixed reaction at Mavs game *Merge*

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Problem?

wade_2.jpg

Venger

Reaction score
MegaMagick;3812049 said:
I don't know why those guys are even booing Romo, as a mavs fans they should be used to shame and disappointment already.
The Mavericks will be playing more playoff games than the Cowboys this year. Again. And for years running.
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3812141 said:
Dirk is overrated.
Oh my...guy will end up likely top 10 all time in scoring. That's a career, in any league.
SDCowboy85;3812646 said:
Why would there be a wild ovation? He's not one of the Beatles or something.
Depending on the Beatle, it might be loud screaming as thousands flee the animated zombified corpse of John Lennon...
Maikeru-sama;3812846 said:
Dirk cannot win a title as the number 1 guy because he simply isn't athletic enough to create his own shot.
Oh my...He isn't athletic enough to play with Shaq. That has always been the problem in Dallas - no true second star.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Venger;3813815 said:
The Mavericks will be playing more playoff games than the Cowboys this year. Again. And for years running.

Oh my...guy will end up likely top 10 all time in scoring. That's a career, in any league.

Depending on the Beatle, it might be loud screaming as thousands flee the animated zombified corpse of John Lennon...

Oh my...He isn't athletic enough to play with Shaq. That has always been the problem in Dallas - no true second star.

point 1) thats obvious, there are almost 3 times as many teams that make the playoffs, and more games per round:rolleyes:

point 2) he has had a great career, but has failed to deliver in the playoffs, as evident by his lack of titles

point 3) :eek:

point 4) he isnt good enough to win a title as the number 1 guy WITHOUT having really, really good players around him. he needs to be number two or at least 1a or 1b, he has never, cant now, or will ever be able to win it as the true go to guy for one reason and its not his lack of athleticism, its the fact that he is a non factor on defense.

and before you say no one has won a title as THE guy with not much around them, duncan did it in 03 and wade did it in 06

ps this thread is getting hijacked!!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3812040 said:
Nobody. Just some random twitter person. I did a search for Tony Romo and got back of ton of comments on him at the game.

You're so social networthy. :)

Venger

Reaction score
MC KAos;3813849 said:
point 1) thats obvious, there are almost 3 times as many teams that make the playoffs, and more games per round:rolleyes:
THREE TIMES? Dude the NFL has 6 teams per Conference, the NBA has 8, please report to remedial math... even if you talk about rounds, the Mavs have won 8 playoff series, and gone to one title series.

By any possible comparison, the last 10 years the Mavs have FAR exceeded the Cowboys success.
point 2) he has had a great career, but has failed to deliver in the playoffs, as evident by his lack of titles
Calling Dan Marino...

and before you say no one has won a title as THE guy with not much around them, duncan did it in 03 and wade did it in 06
Like I said - Wade had Shaq. Kobe had Shaq, and then Gasol and Odom. Teams with "one guy" can't win. C3PO can't do it, Arenas can't, LeBron can't, don't care HOW good you are, you have to have another top tier player. SA had DR in his last year, plus Gepetto and Frenchy. Dirks best chances were early with Nash and Finley, though Finley was getting on a bit. Just ran into some great teams in LA, SA, and Sac.

Is LeBron good? Why doesn't Cleveland have hardware? Cause one guy is NEVER enough.

Like United 95...

Reaction score
MC KAos;3813849 said:
point 4) he isnt good enough to win a title as the number 1 guy WITHOUT having really, really good players around him. he needs to be number two or at least 1a or 1b, he has never, cant now, or will ever be able to win it as the true go to guy for one reason and its not his lack of athleticism, its the fact that he is a non factor on defense.

You have go to be kidding me. Wade had Shaq and Duncan had Ginobli, Parker so they have had alot of help. Dirk has had stacked teams but he chokes in the 4th quarters of big games, he's not a franchise player IMO. Dallas won't ever win with Dirk as the man IMO.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who the hell cares what a bunch of Mav fans think?

If they are pissed at a team that chokes and folds like a lawn chair then they need to look in the mirror.

kristie

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3814904 said:
You have go to be kidding me. Wade had Shaq and Duncan had Ginobli, Parker so they have had alot of help. Dirk has had stacked teams but he chokes in the 4th quarters of big games, he's not a franchise player IMO. Dallas won't ever win with Dirk as the man IMO.

should the mavs have gotten lebron?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Venger;3814845 said:
THREE TIMES? Dude the NFL has 6 teams per Conference, the NBA has 8, please report to remedial math... even if you talk about rounds, the Mavs have won 8 playoff series, and gone to one title series.

By any possible comparison, the last 10 years the Mavs have FAR exceeded the Cowboys success.

Calling Dan Marino...

Like I said - Wade had Shaq. Kobe had Shaq, and then Gasol and Odom. Teams with "one guy" can't win. C3PO can't do it, Arenas can't, LeBron can't, don't care HOW good you are, you have to have another top tier player. SA had DR in his last year, plus Gepetto and Frenchy. Dirks best chances were early with Nash and Finley, though Finley was getting on a bit. Just ran into some great teams in LA, SA, and Sac.

Is LeBron good? Why doesn't Cleveland have hardware? Cause one guy is NEVER enough.

Like United 95...

my bad, haha, i was thinking 16 to 6 for some reason. ill get to your other point along with this comment

Dallas Cowboys Fan;3814904 said:

the shaq wade had in 06 was closer to the current shaq than the dominant shaq of the early part of the decade, he was a shell of himself. he didnt even play in crunch time, and old *** alonzo did.

claiming duncan had david robinson, parker, or ginobili in 03 is like saying the 90 cowboys should have won the super bowl because they had emmitt, troy and michael! they were rookies or second year players, they werent as good as they were in 05 or 07. Ginobili was a rookie coming off the bench averaging less than 8 points a game and parker was not even the crunch time PG, as evidenced by steve kerr playing the important minutes vs the mavs and speedy claxton vs the nets. david robinson's back bothered him all year and he wasnt any better than someone like tyson chandler is now so you can hardly say duncan had another good player on that team, he did it all. he had the greatest performance in finals history (in my opinion) when he had 21 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists and 8 blocks.

the one thing i will give you that dirk hasnt had, which is more important IMO than having a second great teammate, is a great coach.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
What do you all expect? You want them to clap and cheer for his 1-3 playoff record? You want them to cheer for his penchant for choking at big times, when game breaking QBs excel?

You want them to cheer for his stellar 2010 season?

These are average fans. They measure success by Super Bowl victories.

kristie

Reaction score
Don Corleone;3815827 said:
What do you all expect? You want them to clap and cheer for his 1-3 playoff record? You want them to cheer for his penchant for choking at big times, when game breaking QBs excel?

maybe, but they should at least be respectful.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;3815827 said:

Yes because our playoff failures are all on Romo.

/sarcasm

Only one of our failures in the playoffs that were on him was 2006.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3815960 said:
Yes because our playoff failures are all on Romo.

/sarcasm

Only one of our failures in the playoffs that were on him was 2006.

He was good enough to drive us down the field into field goal range. Our defense also couldn't stop them.

He might not be an elite level/championship caliber holder, but he's a pretty darn good QB.