News: Tony Romo seeking $10 million per year

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
That is only 2/3 of what Zeke may want, you gotta reach higher Romo :p

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he? It's not like he has anything to lose because he can always accept whatever turns out to be the highest offer. Shoot for $50M, Romo.

He's living the dream now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dont wait till next year Romo, hold out right now...………….you the best analyst so you need to be paid like it.:thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who doesn’t try to tell me the play before I see it.

I’d rather them comment on the play after it’s over.
Not only that but he's got the same problem Nantz has, talking off mic. Neither has a voice for broadcast projection and they talk too low and to each other too much.

What about when he calls it wrong, that doesn't count? I find it annoying and stopped listening to them as the season progressed and if they give him 10M, that's nothing but a stamp of approval on that predicting the play stuff.

But he's not alone, Aikman wants to get what ESPN was willing to pay Anvil Head to do MNF. Everybody wants more money and they get blamed for the greed when it's the people doing the offering that are creating this. Same as the NFL owners, they created the run on money.

The younger posters here don't have those days when it was just you and Keith Jackson, Frank Glieber, Jack Drees, Ray Scott, etc as contrast. They knew the magic of talking just enough but letting the game speak for itself as well and it was as if you were watching the game with a friend. Now, there's little of that and it's become nothing but noise to me. Would you hang around people that just wouldn't shut up?

I wonder how long that predicting the play is going to work? Get enough people buying in and looking for that, when he is wrong, they'll be pissed because they were focused on the wrong play. If I am a HC, he doesn't get any time with the team prior to a game. These guys, Aikman and Collinsworth too, are privy to inside scoop prior to the games and it is understood they will not divulge that until after that play has been run.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not only that but he's got the same problem Nantz has, talking off mic. Neither has a voice for broadcast projection and they talk too low and to each other too much.

What about when he calls it wrong, that doesn't count? I find it annoying and stopped listening to them as the season progressed and if they give him 10M, that's nothing but a stamp of approval on that predicting the play stuff.

But he's not alone, Aikman wants to get what ESPN was willing to pay Anvil Head to do MNF. Everybody wants more money and they get blamed for the greed when it's the people doing the offering that are creating this. Same as the NFL owners, they created the run on money.

The younger posters here don't have those days when it was just you and Keith Jackson, Frank Glieber, Jack Drees, Ray Scott, etc as contrast. They knew the magic of talking just enough but letting the game speak for itself as well and it was as if you were watching the game with a friend. Now, there's little of that and it's become nothing but noise to me. Would you hang around people that just wouldn't shut up?

I wonder how long that predicting the play is going to work? Get enough people buying in and looking for that, when he is wrong, they'll be pissed because they were focused on the wrong play. If I am a HC, he doesn't get any time with the team prior to a game. These guys, Aikman and Collinsworth too, are privy to inside scoop prior to the games and it is understood they will not divulge that until after that play has been run.

I remember when Vin Scully did NFL games, and then there was Kurt Gowdy.

Some of it now is competing for eyeballs, trying to be the funniest, most clever guy doing games. Back in the day there was so much less media the announcers didn't feel like they had to make a spectacle of themselves. The people who wanted to watch were watching, so they just watched the game with you.