Tony Romo will be featured on A Football Life this upcoming Friday

erod

Reaction score
Too soon for one of these, but should be good.

Hard to watch with what we're watching at quarterback these days.

Proximo

Reaction score
Now 2007 and 2016, those were real missed opportunities.

Agree that 2007 and 2016 were definitely missed opportunities but I also consider 2014 to be right up there. When you look at how that post season unfolded, we could’ve realistically made at least a conference championship appearance if not more.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Agree that 2007 and 2016 were definitely missed opportunities but I also consider 2014 to be right up there. When you look at how that post season unfolded, we could’ve realistically made at least a conference championship appearance if not more.
To a certain extent, but they were unlucky with the tiebreaker that year. Despite having the same record as Green Bay and Seattle, and actually beating Seattle, the tiebreaker cost them both a first round bye and made it to where to make the Super Bowl they would likely need consecutive wins at Lambeau and Seattle. Very tough road to hoe and not the same thing IMO as having to win two home games to get to the Super Bowl.

Proximo

Reaction score
To a certain extent, but they were unlucky with the tiebreaker that year. Despite having the same record as Green Bay and Seattle, and actually beating Seattle, the tiebreaker cost them both a first round bye and made it to where to make the Super Bowl they would likely need consecutive wins at Lambeau and Seattle. Very tough road to hoe and not the same thing IMO as having to win two home games to get to the Super Bowl.

I’m still salty about that tiebreaker BS.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Too soon for one of these, but should be good.

Hard to watch with what we're watching at quarterback these days.
I'll be interested in hearing his response to him not being able to play in 2016 and the impact it had on his and Garrett's relationship. I wonder if he will answer it PC or if he will be brutally honest.

erod

Reaction score
I'll be interested in hearing his response to him not being able to play in 2016 and the impact it had on his and Garrett's relationship. I wonder if he will answer it PC or if he will be brutally honest.
I doubt they go there. But who knows?

That seems like a story for years later.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I swear everytime I watch that replay I think he's actually not gonna fumble it. That had to be my most heartbreaking loss to watch as a fan. Never forgave Romo for that.

Romo just sucked at holding field goals. He messed it up in the preseason that year too. And in training camp that year.

The only reason he was out there was because he started the year as QB2.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You can always tell the fake fans, they pretend to be upset that a fading 9-7 team who had to win three road games to even get to the Super Bowl was put out of their misery. I doubt they were even born in 2006.
Now 2007 and 2016, those were real missed opportunities.
LOL ur a joke. All you do is call people fake fans. It was still an opportunity that we were in the position to take the lead in a playoff game. Giants won 2 superbowls limping into the playoffs. That team still had some talent and I wonder if we win that game and go further, Parcells comes back in 2007 instead of doughboy wade phillips coaching. Only a beta male with no competitive edge is ok with no deep playoff runs for over 2 decades, that is happy just to cheer for the team.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
typical fair weather fan. also that was a deliberately slick ball; the NFL changed things after that game as regards the balls. but in your tiny world its all Tony's fault we lost that game.
With the way our D spit the bit the birds would have won anyway but that does not conform to your BS.
Lol the excuses are hilarious. He had a JOB to do and he failed at it. It was his fault I saw no1 else out there trying to hold the ball. We will never know if our team would have lost the next game. That's why they play the game.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Like I need to relive this...Not:banghead:

nfl_a_romo_412.jpg

1086098649_03b230a92d.jpg

TRomo-vs-Seattle-Cliff-Avril-PSeason.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tony Romo will be featured on A Football Life this upcoming Friday, 9/28, at 8pm EST, 5pm PST on NFLN.

Can't wait!

I'll bump this thread, if there isn't a new one, as the day approaches. Cheers! :star:

Well that is going to be depressing to watch.

BigD5

Reaction score
Lol the excuses are hilarious. He had a JOB to do and he failed at it. It was his fault I saw no1 else out there trying to hold the ball. We will never know if our team would have lost the next game. That's why the play the game.
The next game? The way that Seattle game was going, they would’ve drove right back down the field and scored.

Romo did end any chance we had of winning that game but you could just about see what was coming after the field goal

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The next game? The way that Seattle game was going, they would’ve drove right back down the field and scored.

Romo did end any chance we had of winning that game but you could just about see what was coming after the field goal
We will never know what would have happened. But that eliminated any chance we had.

JustChip

Reaction score
I swear everytime I watch that replay I think he's actually not gonna fumble it. That had to be my most heartbreaking loss to watch as a fan. Never forgave Romo for that.

I can't believe he didn't score on the play even after fumbling it. I swore when he took off it was a TD. That reminded me of the SF dback barely grabbing Pearson's jersey to prevent a TD after Dwight Clark's "catch". Truly a game of inches in those 2 instances.