"Tony Romo will play this Sunday if he gets cleared by the doctors" -Jerry Jones

tomsanders921

Reaction score
He's not playing. Jerry said Romo called him when he was with the doctor and expressed how disappointed he was for both Jerry and the team that this happened. That right there makes me think there is very little chance he gets cleared.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That's been my belief after reading all the reports last night. He will have pain but if the doctors deem no further damage can be done by playing, Romo will gut it out. I'm assuming the team will have a good idea by Thursday but word will not get out until Saturday.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
We have 0 shot at winning the Super Bowl. Having Romo out there gives Garrett a better shot at keeping his job. I don't see many pluses in Romo playing.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
We have 0 shot at winning the Super Bowl. Having Romo out there gives Garrett a better shot at keeping his job. I don't see many pluses in Romo playing.

Ending the season on a positive note. Even if it's just a moral one.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I can't imagine a herniated disc not getting worse by playing football lol

MathewSK81

Reaction score
I didn't hear the interview but unless there's more, that sentence means nothing. I'll buy a mansion IF I win the lottery. You can say anything with an "if".

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I suspect the only reason that they're even delaying the announcement that he won't play is largely that Romo is going to do whatever he can to get comfortable and find a way to play despite the injury. He's a tough SOB and I'm sure he's thinking he played with it hurt on Sunday and he no doubt believes he could play with it hurting still.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Maybe there's no announcement because romo may very well play?

Why do so many tink it's not possible?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If Tony plays, can you imagine the crowd when Romo gets announced. The place will be rockin' and we'll need that if we want to win.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I suspect the only reason that they're even delaying the announcement that he won't play is largely that Romo is going to do whatever he can to get comfortable and find a way to play despite the injury. He's a tough SOB and I'm sure he's thinking he played with it hurt on Sunday and he no doubt believes he could play with it hurting still.
Yep. I bet they just want to see how he feels Thursday or Friday

links18

Reaction score
I didn't hear the interview but unless there's more, that sentence means nothing. I'll buy a mansion IF I win the lottery. You can say anything with an "if".

Right, its an utterly meaningless, self-effacing, feel good statement. Of course he'll play if he is cleared by the doctors. Why wouldn't he? The real question is if he'll be cleared by the doctors and Jerry's statement sheds no light on that.