"Tony Romo will play this Sunday if he gets cleared by the doctors" -Jerry Jones

Smith22

Reaction score
He got an epidural injection. He wants to play. Question is, can he get cleared?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, if they really didn't think he'd be able to play, I would imagine they'd already have him under the knife. I can't imagine they'd have their $100m franchise QB stewing and hanging out with a herniated disk just for the hell of it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
If Romo takes a hit where the disk is located{lower back}hes taking a risk on making it worse/paralyzed. Cant see him getting cleared.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not playing. Jerry said Romo called him when he was with the doctor and expressed how disappointed he was for both Jerry and the team that this happened. That right there makes me think there is very little chance he gets cleared.

By expressing disappointment does not say he would not play if not cleared. It could be saying, disappointed he has to go through all the treatment, shots, whatever, and not being able to prepare normally, practice.

I don't think he plays, but wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Schefter's source (which is obviously legit to some - a high one - degree) says it's 100% sure that Romo is not playing. So there's that. The rest of this is gamesmanship and bluffing (and why not?)

Zordon

Reaction score
i really wish jerry and jason would stop playing these mind games with the media/fans. they are only making themselves look foolish. move on and get behind orton.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
From what I've read on the subject today, it does not increase the chance of paralysis to any marked degree.

That's good to know. I only half watched the Skins game & missed where he pulled up lame. I did notice & even posted though that there was a time where he was barely touched & went down. It just seemed very un Tony like to me.

Nirvana

Reaction score
That's good to know. I only half watched the Skins game & missed where he pulled up lame. I did notice & even posted though that there was a time where he was barely touched & went down. It just seemed very un Tony like to me.

Yeah the more I learn about it the more I think he's had a herniated disk since before the season started, and that there was no "cyst" on his back but was actually surgery for the herniated disk. He's since had some hits in the area to flare up the nerves, shooting pains down his leg and weakening his passes. He's been playing through it but now it's created numbness, shooting pains on a regular basis, and lack of strength. That's my theory.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah the more I learn about it the more I think he's had a herniated disk since before the season started, and that there was no "cyst" on his back but was actually surgery for the herniated disk. He's since had some hits in the area to flare up the nerves, shooting pains down his leg and weakening his passes. He's been playing through it but now it's created numbness, shooting pains on a regular basis, and lack of strength. That's my theory.

I agree. Whole lot of lying going on.

Where is Jesse Ventura when you need him?

Paul78

Reaction score
There's no way he plays. His career could be over if he gets sacked by one of the eagles big DL

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
We have 0 shot at winning the Super Bowl. Having Romo out there gives Garrett a better shot at keeping his job. I don't see many pluses in Romo playing.

Except I'll take Conference title over not any day.

There is no glory in failure.

And the best thing we could do is to win against impossible odds.

Romo got us here.

I see no reason to not show up for this street fight and not win.