"Tony Romo will play this Sunday if he gets cleared by the doctors" -Jerry Jones

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe Tony will do what Emmitt did all those years ago when he separated his shoulder.

Put the team on his back & refuse to lose.

I wish I had seen that. Too young. But I read about it like he was possessed that day.

superonyx

Reaction score
None of us can really know the severity of his back injury. Saying he will play if cleared by the doctors is really only saying Tony wants to play. Of course if the pain is severe and he can't move around well enough to throw or protect himself then he won't play and the doctor won't clear him.

We all know Romo is a tough player who plays through injuries that other players take themselves out of games for. It wouldn't surprise me if his back cyst removal before the season wasn't covered up due to Jerry's ability to obtain insurance coverage for that 108 million contract. Whatever it is I wish Tony the best luck and feel confident he is logical and intelligent enough to not take a real risk with paralysis or something severe. He is tough but I don't take him for stupid.

Coy

Reaction score
Maybe Tony will do what Emmitt did all those years ago when he separated his shoulder.

Put the team on his back & refuse to lose.

I wish I had seen that. Too young. But I read about it like he was possessed that day.

He was amazing, simply amazing, joy to watch, I would argue that's the best single game performance the Dallas Cowboys have ever had, at least from 1985 on, that's when I satrted watching the Cowboys.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He was amazing, simply amazing, joy to watch, I would argue that's the best single game performance the Dallas Cowboys have ever had, at least from 1985 on, that's when I satrted watching the Cowboys.

I've seen video but it's all narrated & certainly not like watching the game that day. You could see the pain on his face & I think Moose is the one that said Emmitt put the team on his back that day.

That's a leader.

Coy

Reaction score
I've seen video but it's all narrated & certainly not like watching the game that day. You could see the pain on his face & I think Moose is the one that said Emmitt put the team on his back that day.

That's a leader.

We lose that game, the Giants take the East and we probably only have 4 SB Championship, that much was at stake that day.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
We lose that game, the Giants take the East and we probably only have 4 SB Championship, that much was at stake that day.

Hey you don't know how jealous I am of Cowboys fans that got to experience those teams & those players.

That's a gutsy performance right there. I'm in awe of Emmitt anyway.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I wonder if the Doctors have the absolute and final say over Romo playing. Sure looks like there is internal friction in Green Bay as the team physician as been portraying as being overly conservative as it relates to Rodger's shoulder. Are the Cowboys structured in the same way where the Dr. makes the final call? I assume so.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
i really wish jerry and jason would stop playing these mind games with the media/fans. they are only making themselves look foolish. move on and get behind orton.

This has less to do with the media and fans and more to do with the Eagles and keeping them guessing.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

The game that launched his Hall of Fame career. Take that Barry Sanders. ;)

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I wonder if the Doctors have the absolute and final say over Romo playing. Sure looks like there is internal friction in Green Bay as the team physician as been portraying as being overly conservative as it relates to Rodger's shoulder. Are the Cowboys structured in the same way where the Dr. makes the final call? I assume so.

That's a good question but really the doctor should have the final say. No one would know more about the danger of playing while injured.

Coy

Reaction score
Hey you don't know how jealous I am of Cowboys fans that got to experience those teams & those players.

Man, I miss those days, I thought we could go back there in the Romo era but it's not looking good, wasted years IMO.

links18

Reaction score

Who had the final call when Shanahan nearly ruined RG3's career?

crashintonickdm

Reaction score

Meh, Dallas would've won that year still.

49ers we're only 10-6 and they were the 2nd best team in NFC that year still