Too early to grade the offseason

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
It doesn't take too dam long to figure out Heath at safety is a big f.ing problem.

Kinda like it didnt take too long to figure out our WR core was trash after we cut Dez last season. But you homers along with Jerry and his idiot boy all said the WR by committee approach would be great.

After a 3-5 start, mainly do to a trash WR core, the team had to pony up first rounder to fix the problem. The same problem all of us "complainers and whinners" saw coming a mile away once Dez was released.

LIke I said, it doesn't take too dam long to look at the roster and see who the scrubs are that need replacing.

I didn't say the needs weren't clear. I said it's too early to grade the offseason when we're in the first week of FA. There's about 6 months of offseason between the start of FA and the start of the season.

I also said this forum was out of control and you sure gave a good example.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How any one can defend anything these idiots do is beyond me, 22+ years of nothing and you will defend the Jones until you die, insanity
I assure you I’m not defending the Jones cartel. I’m just saying there’s too much offseason left for any of us to give a final grade on it.

9darter

Reaction score
it’s still way too early to declare this offseason a failure. We still have several big FA Cowboys players to possibly nail down, and the draft is over a month away.

It's a failure in itself to bring this front office. It's not exactly some mysterious occurrence that they fail each and every year.

They. Are. Utterly. Clueless.

That's why.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was talking about his words. I don't believe he meant it quite that literally.

It's like a course in college. One can make high grades on some tests and still get an F for the class.

If you take all of the seasons and look at them as a whole, an F doesn't seem out of the question.
I’ve never heard of scoring high on test and failing the course. Please explain.

And I was looking at all of the seasons as a whole. It just doesn’t add up unless it’s either an A for winning championships and F if you don’t. I’m not sure what else you can derive from such a statement? Is there no room for a B, C or D?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Grade last of season, it was so bad they had to trade their first round pick just to save the season
1st half of season I’d give them D- or F.
2nd half a B+

Final grade for season . B
If winning division doesn’t deserve at least a B to C then it’s absurd.

And winning a playoff game would have to add merit. We were a top 4 team in the conference and final 8 in the league. That’s Above average which would be at least C+ to B.

Teams who finished below .500 would be more deserving of a failing grade.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We signed an old TE that does nothing to help the team. Restructured an old injured LB that is no longer a starter. Lost 2 DL to suspensions and lost our slot WR. but we resigned our FB that trips over his own feet and a backup lineman. If this isn't losing the offseason I don't know what is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We signed an old TE that does nothing to help the team. Restructured an old injured LB that is no longer a starter. Lost 2 DL to suspensions and lost our slot WR. but we resigned our FB that trips over his own feet and a backup lineman. If this isn't losing the offseason I don't know what is.
Yea but Witten and Lee are two of the best selling jerseys.