Too high or Too Low: Prescott

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Top 10. The offense has costed dallas a good amount of games over the last few years tbh. Wasnt always the degemseDefense was legit in 17-18-19.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Daks top 10. The offense is legit when it shows up but has costed this team quite a few games over the years. The defense was legit in 17-18-19.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I provided the numbers.

I don't care one single bit if your emotions and feels won't let you and your buddies accept them.
Uh, I don't think that his hands are in his pockets...or mice for that matter.

Last season, Dak over six games, was on pace for a 6,000 yard season. First time ever...

blueblood70

Reaction score
lots of folks making excuses trying to lower the bar to get dak top 5
look it not slight on dal to rank him 6-10 heated debates for sure no one right or wrong a lot of lists and rankings are subjective..i have him around 6/7 that still very good spot..

Flamma

Reaction score
Went back and looked at the QBs ranked in the Top 100 ranked lower......

99) Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons
92) Matthew Stafford, QB, Los Angeles Rams
91) Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
82) Justin Herbert, QB, Los Angeles Chargers
81) Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals
74) Ryan Tannehill, QB, Tennessee Titans
54 Dak Prescott

Guess now the question is: How many QBs make the Top 100?

I'd take every quarterback on this list above Tannehill except for Ryan.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Then why do teams run on the Cowboys like Swiss cheese? Why do teams regularly score 30 points? Have you even watched the games lately? If you think the Cowboys have had an above average defense then you are certifiably nuts give me a break :lmao2:
I dont think that was his point Rock.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Uh, I don't think that his hands are in his pockets...or mice for that matter.

Last season, Dak over six games, was on pace for a 6,000 yard season. First time ever...
Russell Wilson literally broke the record for most TD passes through the first 4 weeks last year. He finished tied 2nd in the league and like 15 short of the record.

On pace through 4 weeks means nothing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Russell Wilson literally broke the record for most TD passes through the first 4 weeks last year. He finished tied 2nd in the league and like 15 short of the record.

Not really, as that level has to occur before breaking the record. You also cloning the negative aspect that with the current offensive talent on this year's team, that he doesn't also have the potential even more, for that level of a record?

Naw, you jumped in too soon, and forget that there are a valid trio that well can have 1,000 yards apiece and two running backs that are great receivers, then two very productive tight ends.

To ignore that could be termed naive in looking forward...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cousins gets a lot of flack, but that dude is a legit top 10 QB year in and year out. He has played at that level for a long time too.
He is, but I have a weird feeling that that even though his stats are actually better than Daks, he may not make this list at all.

Like I said earlier, Dak is at 54, so if Cousins is going to show up, it will be soon (45-53 range) or hes not in the top 100 at all.
The dude is often under appreciated
Don't be surprised

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score

Good point and one Ive been trying to make all offseason.
Projecting a few games across 16 is silly.

If that were the case, Ryan Fitzpatrick would've thrown for 55-60 TDs and 5500-6000 yards a few years ago…
:laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Might as well light it up.....

According to Dalton Miller of Pro Football Network, Prescott is just outside of the top-50, coming in at No. 54 overall. …..
Fwiw
This is not Dalton Millers ranking

The entire staff at Pro Football Network gave their top 100
They tallied the votes and Dakton Miller just wrote the story

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comparing QB's is flawed because we cannot make the proper comparisons unless they play in identical offenses.

The most underrated part of the QB is his match to the offense he is supposed to manage.

Did you watch TB early on in the season? Did you see a Brady looking very uncomfortable and trying to do too much, the bane of most QB's? Brady didn't get better as the season went on, the team did around him and allowed him to be what he is, the greatest game manager in NFL history. He was allowed to "do his job".

Why is Lamar Jackson even considered in the top 10? Because they changed the offense to suit him, to help him better manage the offense.

Why do Brees, Rodgers and Wilson only have one ring each and why didn't Manning win more with Indy? Rodgers is the most accurate QB I have ever seen throw a pass and Manning the best pre read QB I have seen play and Brady the best at getting the most involvement of the most weapons and therefore, the best game manager of all time.

What kind of QB was Aikman? The ultimate game manager and Norv Turner taught him to do that. He knew his job, get the ball into the hands of the weapons. His game declined when the weapons declined.

It is still too early to write the script on the NFL career of Dak Prescott. But to even compare him to Staubach and Aikman, QB's surrounded by HOF talent on both sides of the ball and superior coaching isn't fair.

Anymore than it is to Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen or Jackson. We do have a couple of excellent opportunities to see this match the QB to the offense in CAR and LAR this season. I believe Stafford cracks that top 5, maybe 3, this season just because of better coaching and talent around him.

Give Prescott a better defense and lets see what he can do.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Comparing QB's is flawed because we cannot make the proper comparisons unless they play in identical offenses.

The most underrated part of the QB is his match to the offense he is supposed to manage.

Did you watch TB early on in the season? Did you see a Brady looking very uncomfortable and trying to do too much, the bane of most QB's? Brady didn't get better as the season went on, the team did around him and allowed him to be what he is, the greatest game manager in NFL history. He was allowed to "do his job".

Why is Lamar Jackson even considered in the top 10? Because they changed the offense to suit him, to help him better manage the offense.

Why do Brees, Rodgers and Wilson only have one ring each and why didn't Manning win more with Indy? Rodgers is the most accurate QB I have ever seen throw a pass and Manning the best pre read QB I have seen play and Brady the best at getting the most involvement of the most weapons and therefore, the best game manager of all time.

What kind of QB was Aikman? The ultimate game manager and Norv Turner taught him to do that. He knew his job, get the ball into the hands of the weapons. His game declined when the weapons declined.

It is still too early to write the script on the NFL career of Dak Prescott. But to even compare him to Staubach and Aikman, QB's surrounded by HOF talent on both sides of the ball and superior coaching isn't fair.

Anymore than it is to Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen or Jackson. We do have a couple of excellent opportunities to see this match the QB to the offense in CAR and LAR this season. I believe Stafford cracks that top 5, maybe 3, this season just because of better coaching and talent around him.

Give Prescott a better defense and lets see what he can do.

I think everyone misses that point for sure....the QB job is to get the ball to playmakers, hand offs, screens, downfield. I'll stand by the fact no QB ever lifted a bad team to anything, I have seen great teams haul a JAG QB to a title though.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So that means Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Jackson, Cousins and Watson (If they list him) are all ahead of Dak? So they have Dak 9th probably? I'm not mad at that. I have Dak 11th in my rankings. I have all those plus Tannehill and Herbert above Dak.
its interesting to see you on a Dak related thread. you don't post much about him :rolleyes:

cousins :facepalm:

and what if cousins is not top 50....will you cry?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak fans will be happy with that since they only care about his personal stats. Winning isn't a priority as long as Dak can pile up his stats.

For some reason that provides more chest pounding than an NFC championship or a super bowl.
oh, I rogot you are a Dalton fan. you don't care about stats or wins.. :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He is, but I have a weird feeling that that even though his stats are actually better than Daks, he may not make this list at all.

Like I said earlier, Dak is at 54, so if Cousins is going to show up, it will be soon (45-53 range) or hes not in the top 100 at all.
The dude is often under appreciated
Don't be surprised
cousins is not that good....he is Garrett. he snatches defeat from jaws of victory regularly and folds in the big moments....he has not, does not perform well under pressure.