Top 10 movies everyone else liked but you thought were meh

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
i should have added English Patient , Green Book, Driving Miss Daisy, Argo, Out of Africa, Moonlight and Spotlight to my list

Especially since Out of Africa and Spotlight flat out made a robbery from Color Purple .. and the Revenant (Leonardo DiCaprio) respectively.
seinfeld-english-patient.gif

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Okay, this thread should have been locked the moment someone said the Godfather. Blasphemy!

Reservoir Dogs
The Big Lebowski
Fargo

I was gonna hate this post because I do not care for The Godfather (or really any mafia/mob related movie), but you redeemed it with your inclusion of The Big Lebowski.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was gonna hate this post because I do not care for The Godfather (or really any mafia/mob related movie), but you redeemed it with your inclusion of The Big Lebowski.
Yeah, "The Godfather" fans really get their panties bunched if you don't like it.

quickccc

Reaction score
I thought CM was pretty by the book formulaic. I didn’t even dislike BP, but it was just hyped so much that when I finally watched it was just another standard comic book hero movie.

the cinematography footage, color and costume makeup , display of african ethicity culture and lingo accent, Panther's battle suit technology and
car chase scene, music scores, occasional humor spots, overall director work and plo and excellent acting by chadwick bosman and michael b. jordan is what combined the spin on BP into a legendary box office blockbuster,... imo.

That said i didn't like the pace of the movie, and it got too off track at the end with the rhino's coning outta the ground, i didnt like the final battle with Panther vs Killmonger which looked more like a bad video game,..and i didnt always like the pace of the film which slowed and dragged too many spots.
while overall i still thought it was very good, i don't put it quite on the level of a CA:Winter Soldier,. AVG-Infinity War or CA Civil War,.or Dark Knight.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I dont care for the Godfather although i did warm up to it as I got older and when HBO came out with the Godfather saga where the timelines from pt1 and pt2 were brought together to make one long movie.

However, im still not a major fan of it like most. Peter Griffin said it best, " It insists upon itself."

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Maybe movies you didn't really get, didn't understand why they were even popular.

1. Forest Gump
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Field of Dreams
4. Harry Potter
5. Blues Brothers
6. Friday the 13th(Or any slasher movie)
7. Dumb and Dumber
8. Biodome
9. The Fast and the Furious
10. The Expendables
My dad died the same year field of dreams came out. It had a very special meaning to me. I loved that movie. Other than that and saving private ryan, I would agree. Never got the jen-eee movie.