Top 10 offensive lines

cowboyec

Reaction score
Isaiah Wynn,Will Hernandez or Billy Price at 19.
Our OL is the one position group that is one up-grade away from being dominant.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Why does it have to be either or? Surely, Green crapping the bed against the Falcons threw Dak for a loop and is a mitigating circumstance. That is still no excuse for throwing into coverage and letting his mechanics go into the toilet.

The problem is when people either try to dumb things down to a single cause or bias out their pet cat from any cause whatsoever.

Did the receivers drop a lot of balls? Did the OL have issues with speed rushes, stunts, and the like in pass protection? Did Dak's mechanics regress and did he throw into coverage more often that the year before?

How about yes to all of that.
Show me a post where I didn't say that. Funny how you like to jump on anyone defending the over the top attack on Dak, but never say a word to those blaming it all on Dak.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Isaiah Wynn,Will Hernandez or Billy Price at 19.
Our OL is the one position group that is one up-grade away from being dominant.
To be honest, I'd be fine drafting another OL at 19 considering how reliant this team is on a dominant offensive line + running game.
To be honest, I also think an elite safety or DT could have the same effect, too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
To be honest, I'd be fine drafting another OL at 19 considering how reliant this team is on a dominant offensive line + running game.
To be honest, I also think an elite safety or DT could have the same effect, too.
Id agree with that.
If Derwin James is there...its an easy pick.
I like all 3 of the DTs...Hurst,Vea and Payne.
They could surprise and go DE again...Harold Landry or Sam Hubbard.
Something about Isaiah Wynn tho....he just might be their guy.
We got a LONG way to go tho.
F/A will decide what direction they go...if they address the OG and LB spot...then I think those positions will probably not be an option at 19....maybe later.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Id agree with that.
If Derwin James is there...its an easy pick.
I like all 3 of the DTs...Hurst,Vea and Payne.
They could surprise and go DE again...Harold Landry or Sam Hubbard.
Something about Isaiah Wynn tho....he just might be their guy.
We got a LONG way to go tho.
F/A will decide what direction they go...if they address the OG and LB spot...then I think those positions will probably not be an option at 19....maybe later.
Good list
I would add Denzel Ward to that list as well
Good thoughts guys.
I really believe having a couple of position groups that can truly dominate would give this team an edge. In 2016 the OL provided that edge. We lost that edge when we lost Leary, who was nasty and was a mauling run blocker and was excellent in pass protection.
Gotta get that edge back.
I also think if you add a nasty, athletic 1T DT that this DL could dominate with guys like Lawrence, Irving, Maliek, Crawford and Taco in the rotation. Secondary is the same way. Add a stud safety, or a shutdown corner along with the young pups and you could have something special.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Of coarse the line is going to look bad when your HC and OC don't know what adjustments are. And also having a below average receiving core that can't beat 1 on 1 coverage on the outside, so they can stack the box and blitz without any worries doesn't help.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our line has gone downhill since Callahan left. Talent is still there but they need coaching and cohesion. Need to keep Collins at RT and let him grow. Whomever is going to be LG needs to take every snap in the offseason. No more of this rotating people in and out crap

I continue to read this and it astounds me. As if the 2016 season, which was the best this OL has ever looked, never happened.

Bill Callahan is irrelevant. He has jack squat to do with the OL not looking as good in 2017 as they did in 2016.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The Cowboysallowed a pressure on 28.6 percent of Prescott's dropbacks, the 12th-highest rate in the league. They took an even steeper decline as run blockers. Elliott averaged a whopping 0.6 yards before defenders closed within a yard of him in 2016, more than doubling up the league average.

vlad

Reaction score
Why does it have to be either or? Surely, Green crapping the bed against the Falcons threw Dak for a loop and is a mitigating circumstance. That is still no excuse for throwing into coverage and letting his mechanics go into the toilet.

The problem is when people either try to dumb things down to a single cause or bias out their pet cat from any cause whatsoever.

Did the receivers drop a lot of balls? Did the OL have issues with speed rushes, stunts, and the like in pass protection? Did Dak's mechanics regress and did he throw into coverage more often that the year before?

How about yes to all of that.
I've argued this as well. A lot of people, and not just about football, anything at all, seem to like to blame one thing.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Go figure.

At this point, I think you'd have to rate the top 2 lines as the Eagles and Patriots.

NOTES: Next Gen Stats defines a "pressure" as a pass-rushing play in which a defender gets within 2 yards of the opposing quarterback at the time of the throw or sack.

Since no human is looking at the plays, there's nothing to distinguish a defender getting within 2 yards on a screen vs a traditional passing play.