Twitter: Top 10 QB poll by 50 NFL executives, scouts and players

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This's about as credible you'll find ..........their evaluation is gold.

Cowherd ripped it apart because Dak was rated number 4 by some of the personnel and his girlfriend Wince was as low as 14. He keeps saying we have this great offensive line and Jim Brown as our running back but leaves out that the Eagles won the Super Bowl with a backup quarterback. The Eagles are stacked with talent but he was impressed with Wince barely beating the Skins and Giants twice.

shabazz

Reaction score
The poll I find most telling is the one showing that Rayne Dakota wasn’t even ranked top 100 currently by NFL players EXClUSIVELY .......the people who know him best

https://clutchpoints.com/cowboys-news-dak-prescott-motivated-by-being-left-out-of-nfl-top-100/

......any polls by media, owners and scouts are filled with them saying what the poll takers want them to say. Just feel good PC fluff, but lacking in substance.

The players don’t feel obligated to stretch the truth....Like Collingsworth lying about Dakota buying his deceased mother a new home last summer

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The poll I find most telling is the one showing that Rayne Dakota wasn’t even ranked top 100 currently by NFL players EXClUSIVELY .......the people who know him best

https://clutchpoints.com/cowboys-news-dak-prescott-motivated-by-being-left-out-of-nfl-top-100/

......any polls by media, owners and scouts are filled with them saying what the poll takers want them to say. Just feel good PC fluff, but lacking in substance.

The players don’t feel obligated to stretch the truth....Like Collingsworth lying about Dakota buying his deceased mother a new home last summer
You believe the players? Dak was a top 30 player after his rookie season. Jaylon was a top player last season. We will see in a few weeks because a new list will be released at the end of July.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

That list was made before the season even took place.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Without fully understanding the criteria these polls are being taken on, it's tough to know the reasoning.

For example, you have scouts, execs and players. Are they made up of scouts, execs and players in the NFC East? Are they in the NFC at all? Have they played against him? Are the execs basing decisions around finance? What measurements are the scouts using to rate these QBs?

It is what it is. He will certainly get paid like a top 10 QB, and probably even more.

Polkton31

Reaction score

True... That list also had Luck, Newton, Ryan, Mayfield, Rivers, Goff, Wentz, and Cousins on it. Of course, it didn't have Lamar Jackson on it though. It will be interesting to see which QBs make the next one.

shabazz

Reaction score
That list was made before the season even took place.

True enough. Those players polled responded on his play up till that poll. If there’s a more current one I haven’t see seen it. I just find the opinions of the people who actually play against him more interesting than others that haven’t played the game, or haven’t played in the last decade.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think currently the top 8-15 QBs are somewhat interchangeable
Dak is in there somewhere...imo.

Roethlisberger would depend on health. If he's healthy, he probably is a top 7-8 guy.
I suspect Ryan has a big year this year, if they play
Dak, Wentz, Stafford, Cousins, ...shake and stir.
I'm curious to see Murray in year 2

I think Allen will improve, but not in that group yet.
Mayfield....not yet
Rivers is over the hill, but could rally for one big year.

Then we have this year's rookie class. Who knows, bu they do have great potential

817Gill

Reaction score
True enough. Those players polled responded on his play up till that poll. If there’s a more current one I haven’t see seen it. I just find the opinions of the people who actually play against him more interesting than others that haven’t played the game, or haven’t played in the last decade.
Dude there was a whole year of play after lol. You wanna bet those same players put Dak in the top 100 this year?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You find it more interesting because it fits your narrative, that's all.

Using a list from 2018 really highlights your blindness.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Top 10 quarterback without a doubt. You can arrange it anyway that makes you happy. But he’s definitely a top 10
I'll arrange it a way that makes me happy

1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Lamlam Jax
4. Brees
5. Watson
6. Dak
7. Cousins
8. Wentz
9. Stafford I think
10. No idea, probably Rodgers

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Just like when an individual sportswriter makes a list it's his opinion, polls can be worded to make them say anything they want them to say. Before believing what this poll says I would want to see the poll questions asked and if there were multiple questions how they calculate the data. So in this type of poll every time a player that is selected for each question by everyone taking the poll that player gets a single mark. They then just count the marks each player has gotten from all questions and the one with the most is #1 and the 2nd most is #2 and so on and so on. Some times when calculating poll data they weigh some questions differently and that's part of how they make polls say what they want them to say.