Twitter: Top 10 QB poll by 50 NFL executives, scouts and players

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Funny how in essence, he is just like a Dak troll on here. He has to cut up Dak sooo much, that he has to continue the hatred as a way of not admitting he was wrong. And hoping that Dak and the Cowboys trip up.

A guy that isn't man enough to admit he was dead wrong. Sounds more and more dumb the more he opens his mouth.
Then he has the nerve to say he likes Dak. His love for Wince makes no sense. He actually thinks Wince is as talented as Andrew Luck was. Not in a million years.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Forget about Dak, Wentz. Roads well traveled. How in the -bleep- is Watson ranked above Lamar Jackson? No wonder NFL executives and scouts get so much wrong. It's all a good old boys network of retreads and nepotism.
Simple, Watson is a better QB. Watson is a very good passer and Jackson has a ton of growing to do as a passer, and typically running QBs get exposed after a year or two of success.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Seems like he is throwing the ball better now. 2016 seemed like a simple Offense set up for him to execute. Thought that’s why everyone called him a dink and dunk after that year. He couldn’t throw the long ball. Now after last year he was one of the best at it, according to the stays anyways...
I agree.
His passing mechanics and footwork have improved. He also reads defenses way better....though still has long ways to go.

2016 was what it was.
Many of us said all along correctly said that it was an anomaly based on many factors.
The good news for Dallas is that regardless of the numbers, Dak is a better QB now than he was in 2016.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Simple, Watson is a better QB. Watson is a very good passer and Jackson has a ton of growing to do as a passer, and typically running QBs get exposed after a year or two of success.
Jackson was a very good passer last year, if he grew a ton from last season then the rest of the league is doomed.

Also I believe the stigma of QBs with the ability to run being exposed is pretty outdated.
We have two examples of a one-year wonder- RG3 and Kaep
The others that had multiple years of success- Newton, Vick, Watson for that matter, Wilson, and Dak.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jackson was a very good passer last year, if he grew a ton from last season then the rest of the league is doomed.

Also I believe the stigma of QBs with the ability to run being exposed is pretty outdated.
The others that had multiple years of success- Newton, Vick, Watson for that matter, Wilson, and Dak.
Soon to add Josh Allen and Kyler Murray

Best running QBs 2020 guess..
LJax
gap
Murray
Allen
gap
Watson
gap
Wilson
Minshew
Jones
Prescott
Mahomes

not sure about the rookies

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Soon to add Josh Allen and Kyler Murray

Best running QBs 2020 guess..
LJax
gap
Murray
Allen
gap
Watson
gap
Wilson
Minshew
Jones
Prescott
Mahomes

not sure about the rookies

I can't get behind Allen as a NFL QB, even though he's proven me wrong so far. Kyler is going to be a nightmare for those NFCW defenses for many many years.

I think your list is 100% correct. After watching him in college I am surprised Baker doesn't use his legs more.

kskboys

Reaction score

Why do people keep saying that about Jackson when it's not true? Who started this rumor?

Looking at his high number of TD passes, it appears he's a good passer in the red zone, a quite admirable trait.

Nope, not outdated. The opposite is true, it's being proven over and over again and pounded in. Latest example is Cam. Short term effective, loses effectiveness quickly.

Running QB's are generally good for 3-5 yrs.

Wilson and Watson and Dak are not running QB's.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying that about Jackson when it's not true? Who started this rumor?

Looking at his high number of TD passes, it appears he's a good passer in the red zone, a quite admirable trait.

Nope, not outdated. The opposite is true, it's being proven over and over again and pounded in. Latest example is Cam. Short term effective, loses effectiveness quickly.

LMFFAO

The guys who watched him started the rumor.
Completed 66% of his passes, threw a TD on 9% of passes and was one of the most effecient redzone passers, threw an INT on only 1.5% 6 in total, 161 1st downs on 401 attempts , 7.8 yards per attempt, and 113.3 passer rating.

All this while his top wide receiver was an injured rookie.

Maybe people keep saying it is because...... it's true LMAO. Please explain how he wasnt a good passer last season.

Cam had QBRs above 50 for 8 seasons, I guess if that is your new definition term.
"Repeatedly proven over and over" gives one example that was wrong lol.

Wilson is one of the best running QBs we've seen, and Dak one of the best redzone running QBs we've seen.

You have a ton of explaining to do, because this was a brutal post Ksk.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Outside of every statical measure of passing performance Lamar looked really bad last season.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score

God, I love people who try to take Wilson out of the "running QB" category because he totally destroys their moronic arguments.

Wilson averages something like 85 rushes per season just in the last 3 seasons...he averaged more his first couple of years... and Is ALREADY top 5 in career rushing ATTEMPTS and rushing YARDS. Under this definition of "running QB" the only QB that would be considered one is Lamar Jackson.

The minute Wilson sustains a leg injury, I promise you will declare Wilson suddenly a "running QB."

kskboys

Reaction score
God, I love people who try to take Wilson out of the "running QB" category because he totally destroys their moronic arguments.

Wilson averages something like 85 rushes per season just in the last 3 seasons...he averaged more his first couple of years... and Is ALREADY top 5 in career rushing ATTEMPTS and rushing YARDS. Under this definition of "running QB" the only QB that would be considered one is Lamar Jackson.

The minute Wilson sustains a leg injury, I promise you will declare Wilson suddenly a "running QB."
Can you even post w/o laying little 3rd grade insults? Makes all of your posts very lame.

Wilson passes at a very high level and always has. Yes, he runs quite a bit. However, passing is his game, w/ runs sprinkled in at key moments. He ran 75 times last year, hardly prolific.

A QB running limited times is fine, helps keep the D honest. It's not that running Qb's fail, it's that QB's who rely on the run and cannot pass at a high level fail.

Of course, that's what people do who lose an argument. They start insulting. Guess you lost the Allen argument, so turned to insults and tried to change the topic. You are actually quite amusing, little one.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I wanted Dallas to draft Drew Lock. So yes, I'm expecting Drew Lock to be on that list in the near future. I'm also expecting a Dallas-Denver Superbowl in 2022.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The poll I find most telling is the one showing that Rayne Dakota wasn’t even ranked top 100 currently by NFL players EXClUSIVELY .......the people who know him best

https://clutchpoints.com/cowboys-news-dak-prescott-motivated-by-being-left-out-of-nfl-top-100/

......any polls by media, owners and scouts are filled with them saying what the poll takers want them to say. Just feel good PC fluff, but lacking in substance.

The players don’t feel obligated to stretch the truth....Like Collingsworth lying about Dakota buying his deceased mother a new home last summer
If you run out of toilet paper use that lists cause that's all its good for.
Top 100 and Daks name as you correctly state is nowhere to be found.
5 days till another reality train come crashing into all the Dak-trolls worlds!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

100% all correct