Twitter: Top 10 QB poll by 50 NFL executives, scouts and players

DFWJC

Reaction score
God, I love people who try to take Wilson out of the "running QB" category because he totally destroys their moronic arguments.

Wilson averages something like 85 rushes per season just in the last 3 seasons...he averaged more his first couple of years... and Is ALREADY top 5 in career rushing ATTEMPTS and rushing YARDS. Under this definition of "running QB" the only QB that would be considered one is Lamar Jackson.

The minute Wilson sustains a leg injury, I promise you will declare Wilson suddenly a "running QB."
Yeah, Wilson runs.

I do think some differentiate—right or wrong—between QBs that can run but are known for their passing vs “running QBs” or QB that are more known for their running.
Not saying that is right or wrong, just saying thats how many look at it.

And as there not being many running QBs if they go by that strict definition, well, many would say for decades now there really haven't been many. Its not normally the QBs main job.
They'd say a true running QB gets 700-800+ yards rushing. Its a huge part of their game.
Guys like Jackson, Vick, Newton, Cunningham,

For me, Id say any QB that has 300-400+ yards rushing can at least be called a QB that runs.
Wilson is one of those for sure. As is Josh Allen and a few others.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Without fully understanding the criteria these polls are being taken on, it's tough to know the reasoning.

For example, you have scouts, execs and players. Are they made up of scouts, execs and players in the NFC East? Are they in the NFC at all? Have they played against him? Are the execs basing decisions around finance? What measurements are the scouts using to rate these QBs?

It is what it is. He will certainly get paid like a top 10 QB, and probably even more.
it clearly says NFL Execs. not east west, AFC or NFC.....

and these guys are professional football people...their job is to know players, etc. and given Dak has been in the league for 4 years, he has now played against every team....

and based on finance? what does finance have to do with it...it never mentioned anything about money.

and they probably looking at each QB overall ability, etc.

sounds like you are trying to dismiss this...just sayin

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
One WR does not make an offense.
Not even remotely

But yeah, having Megatron was nice.

The discussion is really about now though....as is the thread.
if that's the case, then why does everyone keep pointing to Cooper (not a top 10 WR) and saying Dak benefits from him...….

Megatron was the best WR in the game when played....hands down

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you run out of toilet paper use that lists cause that's all its good for.
Top 100 and Daks name as you correctly state is nowhere to be found.
5 days till another reality train come crashing into all the Dak-trolls worlds!
what shall you say when the 2020 list comes out?

DFWJC

Reaction score
if that's the case, then why does everyone keep pointing to Cooper (not a top 10 WR) and saying Dak benefits from him...….

Megatron was the best WR in the game when played....hands down
If they think Cooper was the main reason the offense had some success last year, I don't know what to tell them.

And sure, Megatron was the best way back when....a monster. No denying that. Stafford was lucky to have him as one of three WRs. Sweet.

Let me just ask you; would Dak rather have a great oline and running back and ok WRs or Cooper (or let's give him Julio), a terrible oline (running for his life all year) and a weak running game?

Maybe just take a look at how we did when both Tyron and Zeke were out in the past. We could barely score a point and I'm pretty sure we never won a single game.

The answer is 100% no-brainer clear. Every QB wants a good oline and run game. It makes life SO much easier.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If they think Cooper was the main reason the offense had some success last year, I don't know what to tell them.

And sure, Megatron was the best way back when....a monster. No denying that. Stafford was lucky to have him as one of three WRs. Sweet.

Let me just ask you; would Dak rather have a great oline and running back and ok WRs or Cooper (or let's give him Julio), a terrible oline (running for his life all year) and a weak running game?

Maybe just take a look at how we did when both Tyron and Zeke were out in the past. We could barely score a point and I'm pretty sure we never won a single game.

The answer is 100% no-brainer clear. Every QB wants a good oline and run game. It makes life SO much easier.
I don't disagree, but lets not forget that teams game planned in stopping Megatron…..he impacted every part of the offense...… and I didn't say Stafford was bad...I said lets not make it as if he didn't have any weapons.....

and in the end when Dak has had the weapons, he has produced...that's all you can ask

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Can you even post w/o laying little 3rd grade insults? Makes all of your posts very lame.

Wilson passes at a very high level and always has. Yes, he runs quite a bit. However, passing is his game, w/ runs sprinkled in at key moments. He ran 75 times last year, hardly prolific.

A QB running limited times is fine, helps keep the D honest. It's not that running Qb's fail, it's that QB's who rely on the run and cannot pass at a high level fail.

Of course, that's what people do who lose an argument. They start insulting. Guess you lost the Allen argument, so turned to insults and tried to change the topic. You are actually quite amusing, little one.

The Allen argument? What Allen argument? Who are you talking to? Pay attention.

Wilson was 5th in the NFL in rushing attempts last year.

Since RW entered the league, in any one given year, the only time an objective person might consider a "non-rushing" QB to have more attempts than him was Mitch Trubisky in 2017. That's it. The only other QBs that Wilson has less attempts in any given season since 2012 are QBs that no one would dispute are "running QBs": Watson, Allen, Newton, Taylor, RGIII, and Jackson.

Colin Kaepernick, who is a "running QB," right, never had a single season with more rushing attempts than Wilson. Colin Kaepernick.

https://fftoday.com/stats/playersta...D=10&LeagueID=&order_by=RuAtt&sort_order=DESC

The ONLY reason Wilson is not considered a "running QB" is because putting him into your moronic theory on "running QBs" would completely blow up the theory...so he is arbitrary excluded.