CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there will be no debate soon enough

potentially top 5 in right system
bottom 5 in the wrong system

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd probably go:

1 - Mahomes - production, freakish skill set, has won a SB
2 - Rodgers - similar to Brady, still elite but Mahomes is just younger at this point
3 - Brady - he'd be a clear #1 a few years ago but while still good at his age, he doesn't have the skill set Mahomes possesses.
4 - Allen - Incredible skill set, has very good production and shown success in the playoffs. Another year like last year, vaults into the Top 3
5 - Herbert - he is the most freakish QB in the NFL right, moreso than Mahomes IMO. Has also produced his first two years
6 - Burrow - yes, he was up and down in the playoffs, but was still very good throughout the season
7 - Wilson - people keep saying he has been down, yet the last two years he's spit out ratings of over 100. If that's a down season, what is an up season?
8 - Stafford - numbers and won a SB. If he hadn't won a SB (say he had stayed in Detroit) I'd consider Dak over him
9 - Prescott
10 - Watson - this one is iffy because you are simply projecting based off a season two years ago. He could struggle to find his legs with that much time off.

If Carr can come up with another really good season next year, he could work his way into the Top 10. Same with Lamar Jackson.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
What factors are we missing with Herbert?

Dak playoff success and win loss record vs good teams and RESULTS has been the consistent criteria for him. What are we missing?

Well for starters, Herbert has only been in the league for two years. So you can't really compare a playoff resume of a two year guy to a QB who has been in the league 6 years. Again, after two years, Dak was 0-1 in the playoffs so it's not like he had such a noticeable advantage over Herbert.

It's mind numbing that we have fans that actually think Dak is a better QB. Is there a QB in this league you would rather have than Dak? In your eyes, is he a Top 3 QB? Top 5?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well for starters, Herbert has only been in the league for two years. So you can't really compare a playoff resume of a two year guy to a QB who has been in the league 6 years. Again, after two years, Dak was 0-1 in the playoffs so it's not like he had such a noticeable advantage over Herbert.

It's mind numbing that we have fans that actually think Dak is a better QB. Is there a QB in this league you would rather have than Dak? In your eyes, is he a Top 3 QB? Top 5?
If Herbert had a star on his helmet there's not a single person on the message board that would believe Dak is better than him.

nobody

Reaction score
At this point I don't even care. Top 10, Top 5....will it even matter? They choke when it matters because management hampers the coaches.

I just want them to win. I don't care who has pretty stats anymore except for how those stats contribute to W's.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Herbert had a star on his helmet there's not a single person on the message board that would believe Dak is better than him.

That's probably true. The fact some of these guys wear a Cowboys uniform elevates them. There are people that still think Elliott is an elite back. But if Elliott played in Philly or NY, those same people woudl be claiming what an overrated, overpaid player he is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pollard getting touches while Zeke is in the game is NEEDED, seriously how many times did the second half of the season have a base nickle d pinching and stuffing our run game with ease. "Dont worry boys drop 7 in coverage and you 4 hit the 0-1 gaps and lets call it a day!"

Was definitely a problem since A) Moore rarely runs Elliott to the outside even when he's healthy and B) Elliott wasn't healthy enough after the first six games to regularly be able to catch the edge since that's not his greatest strength even when healthy.

Most of the time depending on which back was in the game, you could easily predict where we'd run the ball. I was actually surprised when Moore started mixing it up a little bit more with where he'd run both Pollard and Elliott. I think having Pollard out there as a receiver/runner would allow him to loosen up those defenses even more. It's hard to pinch down when you have Pollard running a sweep or fake sweep, motioning into the backfield, etc. I truly believe that if we want to get our top offensive threats on the field, then we need to have both Pollard and Elliott out there together a lot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But you guys are focusing on these factors as if that's the only factor that went into this ranking. It's a combo of things.

So focusing on Dak's playoffs versus Herbert's lack is missing a whole bunch of other factors that went into this ranking.

It's very simple. Do you think Herbert is a better QB than Dak? I think he is. He's more physically gifted than Dak and he has production through two years to show that's he not some bonehead with talent that can't play. He clearly can play. So combine his freakish skill set with actual production? It's pretty easy for me to say that he's a better QB. Frankly, I think I might put him in the Top 5. He's that good.
If we are talking about Herbert’s skill? He’d be top 3 for you then right? Because skill wise he’s better than all of those guys except maybe Mahomes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That's probably true. The fact some of these guys wear a Cowboys uniform elevates them. There are people that still think Elliott is an elite back. But if Elliott played in Philly or NY, those same people woudl be claiming what an overrated, overpaid player he is.
That's just how it is.

Some people just cannot see past their biases at all.

They'll hate on Jerry, but then claim we have the best players in the NFL at every position in the same breath.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know that’s not true. Especially on this forum lol. Dak’s status sure isn’t elevated because he has a star on his helmet. If anything he’s underrated around these parts because of it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Making the playoffs is a team accomplishment.

You shouldn't use that to judge Herbert.

That's where the Dilfer is better than Marino stuff comes into play, right?
So then you shouldn’t use rushing yards as a reason to discredit Dak. Do you understand hypocrisy?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No you didn’t. I said in my post that the numbers for a TEAM RUSHING for over 100 yards were way higher in the win column. You chose to ignore it.
You provided 73 and I used that.

I used it wrong, but that's where it came from.

Moved on already.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don't have to ignore anything.

You like who you like.
It’s not about like because if it was I’d be agreeing with y’all. It’s just the argument gets pushed back when Dak is in the discussion. You guys are talking about skill but Herbert is probably more skillful than all of those guys.

phildadon86

Reaction score
:huh:

I think you maybe mixing up your apples and oranges.... a quick search shows, there were 73 games where the rusher rushed for 100 yards...but as a team there was a lot more than that.. there was I believe 44 games in NFC east alone that ateam rushed for 100 yards. 15 by your philly alone.

so looking at stats in a silo is futile....GB was 9-2 as a team when they rushed for 100 yards. 4-3 when they didn't. Bills had 13 games rushing for oveer 100. they were 11-2 in those games. they were 0-4 when rushing less than 100. doesn't prove Allen is not a good QB

if you use the 73 number above. then zeke had two 100 yard rushing games.

the rest of your math word salad is meaningless. I think you are struggling with that part a bit.
I used 100 yard rusher and also stated in my comment that the numbers for a 100 yard rushing team were wayyy higher. He ignored it because it blew his argument out of the water. Not because he missed it. Then compounded that by trying to downplay what I said and be condescending which is just what he does

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s not about like because if it was I’d be agreeing with y’all. It’s just the argument gets pushed back when Dak is in the discussion. You guys are talking about skill but Herbert is probably more skillful than all of those guys.
He is.

That's why anybody would be a fool to take Dak over him if given the choice.

Sydla

Reaction score
You know that’s not true. Especially on this forum lol. Dak’s status sure isn’t elevated because he has a star on his helmet. If anything he’s underrated around these parts because of it.

You think people on this board downgrade him because he's a Cowboy?

Yeah, I am sure some do but the vast majority here tend to overrate our guys simply because they are a Cowboy.