Twitter: Top 10 QBs According To Players, Coaches, and Execs

phildadon86

Reaction score
I though the same thing when I read that quote.

I mean, it's obvious that Herbert is better than Wilson and Dak, but that execs reasoning is pretty dumb.

Rate them on skill, not a team achievement.
Thats where my mind went.

Thats how Mad Dog got destroyed by Stephen A. He was going on about playoff success and had Jackson above Dak. Stephen A ended that argument quickly.

You know everytime I hear about Jackson I just wish for a season we could trade our coaching staff for Harbaugh and his. :(

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Watosn, IMO based on talent, should not be in the top ten. He will flame out the same as Vince Young and RG3. I've been to too many Texan games where he can't see wide open receivers.

quickccc

Reaction score

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Tom Brady
4. Joe Burrow
5. Russell Wilson
6. Deshaun Watson
7 Josh Allen
8 Justin Hebert
9 Matthew Stafford
10 Dak Prescott

phildadon86

Reaction score
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Tom Brady
4. Joe Burrow
5. Russell Wilson
6. Deshaun Watson
7 Josh Allen
8 Justin Hebert
9 Matthew Stafford
10 Dak Prescott
Is wilson that high on your list for his past accomplishments? Because the last 2 years hes been trash.

And Watson? Over Allen? Jeeze

Sydla

Reaction score
Watosn, IMO based on talent, should not be in the top ten. He will flame out the same as Vince Young and RG3. I've been to too many Texan games where he can't see wide open receivers.

His last three QB ratings were 112, 98 and 102. He was averaging 300 yards passing his last year. But he can't see wide open WRs? LOL. Comparing him to RG3 or Vince Young is laughable.

The only question now with Watson is will the time off hurt him and can he get back to being the QB he was from 2018-2020.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is wilson that high on your list for his past accomplishments? Because the last 2 years hes been trash.

Wilson has QB ratings of 105 and 103 the last two years. The Seattle team around him was garbage.

That being said, #5 ahead of Herbert might be a reach. Herbert's skill set is unmatched IMO in the league.

quickccc

Reaction score

Why do you think Wilson was so determined to want out of Seattle, who either refused to committ, or unable to be committed to protecting him.
He would've ended up like Andrew Luck if it stayed the Seattle way.

With Watson, some of you will flame him more for his legal issues than his abilities as a pure player.
And I'm not equating personal resentment into this QB ranking.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why do you think Wilson was so determined to want out of Seattle, who either refused to committ, or unable to be committed to protecting him.
He would've ended up like Andrew Luck if it stayed the Seattle way.

With Watson, some of you will flame him more for his legal issues than his abilities as a pure player.
And I'm not equating personal resentment into this QB ranking.
No. I just dont think Watson is that good to be honest. I always thought he was overrated. And after all of this nonsense I think his career is done. You dont just come back from this like nothing happened.

quickccc

Reaction score
Only one thing that has me wondering with this QB poll and rankings.

Hypothetically what if Dak Prescott was on that Rams team with Sean McVey, instead of Matthew Stafford ?

With that kind of HC, supporting player cast, offensive design and defensive unit - could Prescott made just as much a SB winning difference as Stafford ?

Sydla

Reaction score
No. I just dont think Watson is that good to be honest. I always thought he was overrated. And after all of this nonsense I think his career is done. You dont just come back from this like nothing happened.

And it's possible he may not come back from it but from 2018-2020, his stats are impressive and he did that on a Texans team that really wasn't all that good.

quickccc

Reaction score

ok, i hear ya.
To each his own.

:popcorn:

phildadon86

Reaction score
And it's possible he may not come back from it but from 2018-2020, his stats are impressive and he did that on a Texans team that really wasn't all that good.

His stats were all for nothing. All that matters here is W/L right? So his stats if you use peoples opinion here would all be considered garbage time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak should definitely be higher than Watson imo. Watson was a decent QB, but, imo, he's not better than Dak. Also, had Stafford stayed on the Lions, I'm not sure that Stafford is catapulted that high. I also think Dak should be higher than Wilson. Russell Wilson is a solid QB, but, he was greatly aided by the legion of Boom. Oh, and Burrow only has had one full season. Let's wait a bit on the anointing oil there.

Redline360

Reaction score
Top 8 is solid. 9-12 is where the discussion should begin. Almost all interchangeable.

Never understood the Cousins hate honestly. Dude is a solid QB. Only reason Dak gets placed above him honestly is because he's a cowboy. Swap those two and Cousins is in Daks place on the list.

Comparing similar years Cousins has comparable if not better stats. Better playoff rating. Has played behind a horrid OL, terrible Washington team, multiple cordinators(same as dak), and horrible defenses bar a year. Vikings also gave up a historic 100 points or so under 2minutes last year

Vikings offense is loaded this year so it should be a good picture into Cousins moving forward. Table is set for him offensive wise. Viking defense still kinda trash tier

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Watson shouldnt even be included to be honest. Does it not bother anyone else that Zeke got 6 games with one accusation and Watson has gotten nothing and been traded and signed a huge deal?

After the last 2 seasons. I dont even have Wilson or Watson on the list. IMO.

Agreed. Oh wait, I know why! We're the Cowboys, and Watson went from the Texans to the Browns. A team that nobody really cares about to a team that a lot of people felt sorry for before Watson's trade.