Top 10 QBs right now

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
The Answer's top 10 QB's playing right now:

1.) Tom Brady - 3 world titles in first 5 seasons speaks for itself, has a great defense and coach but can't argue what he brings to the table.
2.) Drew Bledsoe - 14 year veteran can still sling it with the best of them, puts up great numbers with lesser talent but finally appears to have the missing link: TO
3.) Ben Rothlisberger - 15-1 as a rookie, outstanding performance in 3 straight road playoff games and a world title in his 2nd year.
4.) Jake Delhomme - The cajun sensation seems to be getting better each year, plays great in the big games.
5.) Peyton Manning - Can't ignore the numbers, but despite having phenomenal talent around him he still comes up short when it matters most.
6.) Donavan McNabb - Won a lot of games before TO, with TO and likely will after TO.
7.) Matt Hasslebach - From Brett Favre's understudy to a rock solid all around QB and a superbowl birth, can he do it again?
8.) Carson Palmer - Finally arrived in his 3rd season and has a very bright future if he can fully recover from a devestating injury.
9.) Trent Green - late bloomer has had a great running game to compliment his passing yards.
10.) Drew Brees - Going to make a lot of noise in NO with reggie bush if he is healthy. Chargers made a foolish mistake letting him walk.

Honorable mentions: Dante Culpepper, Brett Favre, Jake Plummer, Mark Bulger and Kurt Warner.

Please provide you top 10 QB rankings and base it on their PRESENT accomplishments, the team/talent around them, and proven ability, not future potential or past successes.

Thanks

~The Answer

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer's top 10 QB's playing right now:

1.) Tom Brady - 3 world titles in first 5 seasons speaks for itself, has a great defense and coach but can't argue what he brings to the table.
2.) Drew Bledsoe - 14 year veteran can still sling it with the best of them, puts up great numbers with lesser talent but finally appears to have the missing link: TO
3.) Ben Rothlisberger - 15-1 as a rookie, outstanding performance in 3 straight road playoff games and a world title in his 2nd year.
4.) Jake Delhomme - The cajun sensation seems to be getting better each year, plays great in the big games.
5.) Peyton Manning - Can't ignore the numbers, but despite having phenomenal talent around him he still comes up short when it matters most.
6.) Donavan McNabb - Won a lot of games before TO, with TO and likely will after TO.
7.) Matt Hasslebach - From Brett Favre's understudy to a rock solid all around QB and a superbowl birth, can he do it again?
8.) Carson Palmer - Finally arrived in his 3rd season and has a very bright future if he can fully recover from a devestating injury.
9.) Trent Green - late bloomer has had a great running game to compliment his passing yards.
10.) Drew Brees - Going to make a lot of noise in NO with reggie bush if he is healthy. Chargers made a foolish mistake letting him walk.

Honorable mentions: Dante Culpepper, Brett Favre, Jake Plummer, Mark Bulger and Kurt Warner.

Please provide you top 10 QB rankings and base it on their PRESENT accomplishments, the team/talent around them, and proven ability, not future potential or past successes.

Thanks

~The Answer

Ta-Ha!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Drew Henson should be number one.

Any ranking without Henson at the top is ridiculous.:rolleyes:

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Drew Bledsoe at 2?

Wow.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but you can't ignore the fact that Bledsoe was the leading the NFL in passing before the Flozell injury. The wily veteran was also an MVP candidate....led us to 5 come from behind wins!

With a healthy oline (hopefully) and new weapons like TO and Fasano to play with The Answer believes that Bledsoe is going to have what you call a 'monster' season.

No way Bledsoe belongs any lower than the top 5....

~The Answer

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Answer said:
I'm not trying to be a homer, but you can't ignore the fact that Bledsoe was the leading the NFL in passing before the Flozell injury. The wily veteran was also an MVP candidate....led us to 5 come from behind wins!

With a healthy oline (hopefully) and new weapons like TO and Fasano to play with The Answer believes that Bledsoe is going to have what you call a 'monster' season.

~The Answer

In your opinion, yes?

TheHustler

Reaction score
The Answer said:

~The Answer

I would take Manning, Brady, Palmer, Hasslebeck and Rothlesburger over Bledsoe any day of the week.

burmafrd

Reaction score
As we all know, it comes down to the line. BUT you could very well be right about Bledsoe this year, if he has the TIME.
Your rankings are interesting- I would argue that Carson Palmer should be higher- BUT he has done nothing in the playoffs. On the other hand, ROths has not done all that well in the playoffs- his team won last year but his playoff performance- especially in the two biggest games last year (SB) and the year before he was not good at all.

blindzebra

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
As we all know, it comes down to the line. BUT you could very well be right about Bledsoe this year, if he has the TIME.
Your rankings are interesting- I would argue that Carson Palmer should be higher- BUT he has done nothing in the playoffs. On the other hand, ROths has not done all that well in the playoffs- his team won last year but his playoff performance- especially in the two biggest games last year (SB) and the year before he was not good at all.

Ben was outstanding in the 3 road playoff games before the SB, Pittsburgh wouldn't have sniffed the big game without him.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:

The Answer knows most people don't think that Bledsoe deserves to be that high, but I truly believe that this is going to be his year. No more excuses, he has all the pieces in place and has to get to the playoffs and get it done!

As for Palmer, yes he could be higher but considering we don't know what he would have done in the playoffs against the steelers veteran defense it's hard to gauge him. He might have done worse than kitna, also he only has had one good year. I want to see how he progresses in 2006 and beyond before I consider him elite or top 5 status.

Also big ben did great in the playoffs last year, that is until the superbowl. He had steller performances at indy and denver.

~The Answer

TheHustler

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Your rankings are interesting- I would argue that Carson Palmer should be higher- BUT he has done nothing in the playoffs.

Uh, he was injured on the second play of the game, completed his first pass too.

burmafrd

Reaction score
That was my point- any QB cannot be really evaluated untill he has had at least 4-5 playoff games.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Uh, he was injured on the second play of the game, completed his first pass too.

Yes but who knows how the game would have turned out....Kitna fared well the 1st half then once the steelers made the necessary adjustments they aint the bengals alive.

Also you have to consider Palmer has only had ONE good year, and he has had injury issues in 2004, and now the serious injury that ended his season in the playoffs last year. Going to be interesting to see how his career turns out, but way to early to consider him in Brady, Manning or Bledsoes class....

~The Answer

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Answer said:
Yes but who knows how the game would have turned out....Kitna fared well the 1st half then once the steelers made the necessary adjustments they aint the bengals alive.

Also you have to consider Palmer has only had ONE good year, and he has had injury issues in 2004, and now the serious injury that ended his season in the playoffs last year. Going to be interesting to see how his career turns out, but way to early to consider him in Brady, Manning or Bledsoes class....

~The Answer

I think you could argue that he has had two good years. It is a very relative thing, good year, bad year.

His first year, he didn't take a snap. His second year, the first season starting, he completed just under 61% of his passes, 2897 yards, 18 INTs and 18 TDs. 77.3 QB rating, which is exactly what Bledsoe's career QB rating is incidently.

It is my opinion that Carson is already a top 3 QB in the NFL, behind Brady and Manning.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I am sorry, I like Bledsoe but he wouldnt be a top 5 QB if the league only had 6 teams

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
The Answer said:

~The Answer

remember this lil tidbit you put in your first post of the thread..."not future potential or past successes."...your basing bledsoes rank on future potential with TO and fasano, there, sorry man, bledsoe shouldnt be in top 5 even...maybe around number 7-8

burmafrd

Reaction score
Brady is clearly #1; Manning would be right there except so far he has sucked in the playoffs. Roths- his performance in the SB really chilled my enthusiasm. Hasselback- nah, not top 5 for sure. Palmer- still has to be seen in playoffs. McFlabb has always choked in the biggest games. Delhomme- did play real well in the SB but has not done a whole lot since. Brees has not done enough in the playoffs either. Green the same.
Looking at it that way, its not hard to see BLedsoe right up there.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Brady is clearly #1; Manning would be right there except so far he has sucked in the playoffs. Roths- his performance in the SB really chilled my enthusiasm. Hasselback- nah, not top 5 for sure. Palmer- still has to be seen in playoffs. McFlabb has always choked in the biggest games. Delhomme- did play real well in the SB but has not done a whole lot since. Brees has not done enough in the playoffs either. Green the same.
Looking at it that way, its not hard to see BLedsoe right up there.

So discounting all those QBs because you dont think they played well enough in the playoffs, actually helps prop up Bledsoe who has not played well enough to even make the playoffs?