Top 10 QBs right now

kartr

Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer knows most people don't think that Bledsoe deserves to be that high, but I truly believe that this is going to be his year. No more excuses, he has all the pieces in place and has to get to the playoffs and get it done!

As for Palmer, yes he could be higher but considering we don't know what he would have done in the playoffs against the steelers veteran defense it's hard to gauge him. He might have done worse than kitna, also he only has had one good year. I want to see how he progresses in 2006 and beyond before I consider him elite or top 5 status.

Also big ben did great in the playoffs last year, that is until the superbowl. He had steller performances at indy and denver.

~The Answer

I think you're forgetting that Marc Bulger,Culpepper,McNabb missed most of the year with injuries and Brett Farve lost his 'best receiver', 'best runningback' and two starting OL in free agency and had no defense to speak of. Also, Aaron Brooks had hurricane Katrina to keep him throwing for his ususal 20+ td's a season. Plus Eli Manning, in just his second year threw for more yardage than Bledsoe, who was in his 13th year. With Manning' expected improvement and the other qb's recovering from their injuries, that could change where Bledsoe finishes up in 2006.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
I think you're forgetting that Marc Bulger,Culpepper,McNabb missed most of the year with injuries and Brett Farve lost his 'best receiver', 'best runningback' and two starting OL in free agency and had no defense to speak of. Also, Aaron Brooks had hurricane Katrina to keep him throwing for his ususal 20+ td's a season. Plus Eli Manning, in just his second year threw for more yardage than Bledsoe, who was in his 13th year. With Manning' expected improvement and the other qb's recovering from their injuries, that could change where Bledsoe finishes up in 2006.
I'm shocked, this is actually a very good post from you about QBs.

kartr

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
So discounting all those QBs because you dont think they played well enough in the playoffs, actually helps prop up Bledsoe who has not played well enough to even make the playoffs?

And to that I say, :bow:

kartr

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
Heres a mans list.

1. Tom Brady
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Peyton Manning
4. Carson Palmer
5. Trent Green
6. Drew Brees
7. Daunte Culpepper
8. Matt Hasselbeck
9. Drew Bledsoe
10. Donovan McNabb

Just dont see how Delhomme is a top 5 QB or top 10 qb for that matter. I base my top 10 off of potential, NFL success, and arm.

If Bledsoe wasn't playing for Dallas, he wouldn't be on most people here top 15 list.

kartr

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
The real Daunte Culpepper finally surfaces and a bunch of you put him in the top 7? No Moss, DC is terrible.

Apparently you missed the 2004 season, when Moss was injured a lot and Culpepper had the second best season after Manning.

kartr

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
I disagree. I definitely think he is top 15, maybe even 10th. Anywhere below that would be pretty hard for me to swallow.

He loses games to journeyman qb's like Tim Rattay and the Rams backup qb, plays poorly against strong defenses and plays poorly on the road, how is that a top 15 qb.

kartr

Reaction score
clayman said:
I guess crack still is the cheap drug of choice...cumon man I love Bledsoe but #2 in the league? He wasn't even the highest ratest passer in our conference....love the optimism though......and when did someone annoit Flozell with Anthony Munoz status???? You are speaking as if he is a certain HOFer...many teams are successful with injuries to one or several starters...this is way to early to hold a season's fortune on FLozell alone.....it is more on the coaching on how you work with backup and depth and schemes to hide weaknesses.

Yeah, didn't Brady get his team to the playoffs with a banged up OL, an injured and overthehill Corey Dillon, no secondary and playing in the tougher conference and who had the better receivers, New England with Deion Branch and David Givens or Dallas with Keyshawn and Terry Glenn, two first rounders.

kartr

Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer respects your opinion, but I beg to differ about Bledsoe carrying a football team. Brees, Hasslebach and Manning all have superior olines and running backs.

Bledsoe carried New England early in his career and especially after Parcells and Curtis Martin were gone. He was New England's favorite son.

In Buffalo he led the team to 6 straight wins after a 3-6 start in 2004. Also set many franchise passing records in 2002.

Last year we could have easily been a 3 or 4 win team without him. 5 come from behind wins, and many frustrated defensive coordinators later...Bledsoe is the real deal!

Look out in 2006, many offensive records are in jeopardy!

~The Answer

The numbers Bledsoe put up in the later part of 2004 were all against teams that picked in the top ten in 2005. BFD.

The Realist

Reaction score
kartr said:
The numbers Bledsoe put up in the later part of 2004 were all against teams that picked in the top ten in 2005. BFD.

Who did the amazing QC beat the year we went to the playoffs?

NYG, Wash, Det.....who's who of top ten picking teams.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Realist said:
Who did the amazing QC beat the year we went to the playoffs?

NYG, Wash, Det.....who's who of top ten picking teams.

I don't think he mentioned Carter...

playboidolla

Reaction score
Who cared if no one thinks Drew Bledsoe is not a top 10 QB.....He is the QB of this team and from his perfermance last season he did a great job! He made mistakes just like every other QB in the league but of course most of you dont know that because yall probably dont follow any other team as hard as your follow the Cowboys. So of course you will notice everything he does wrong. I think Drew Bledsoe is the right QB for what we have in Dallas right now and I dont think no other QB in the league would have done with the Cowboys what Drew did last year. I can really careless if he isnt a top QB in the league, As long he is contributing to the team and we are winning games thats what matters the most to me.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
you Bledsoe haters are pretty bad, isn't this post about the top 10 QBS going into the year? look at Blesdoe's supporting cast, namely the addition of TO, when all is said and done, IMO Bledsoe is going to have a heck of a year

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
My top ten:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Mike Vick
6. Donovan McNabb
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Drew Brees
9. Trent Green
10. Daunte Culpepper

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
1-P. Manning
2-T. Brady
3-C. Palmer
4-B. Roethlisberger
5-D. Bledsoe
6-D. Mcnuggets
7-J. Delholmme
8-M. Hasselbeck
9-D. Brees
10-B. Johnson

1- QB/RB- M. Vick

1- Worst- E. Manning (aka downs sydrome)

DeathToTheSkinS

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
I would take Manning, Brady, Palmer, Hasslebeck and Rothlesburger over Bledsoe any day of the week.

I dunno about Rothlesburger, to much of a ball control QB, wonder what hed be like if he had to throw as many times as bledsoe. Manning, Brady, Palmer n Hasslebeck definently. Bledsoe would easily be a #2 for toughness of QB tho, but only in that.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
1.Rothlisberger
2.Tom Brady
3.Carson Palmer
4.Peyton Manning
5.Daunte Culpeper-When healthy
6. Donavan McChicken
7.Hasselback
8.Drew Bledsoe
9.Byron Leftwich