Top 3 running backs out

robjay04

Reaction score
I am just hoping they give Gus some snaps with our first team OL before making any decisions. I doubt any of our starting OL play much if they play at all.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CJ2K on the way to Arizona . Thank goodness. Didn't want him at all.

This could be the team to watch when they drop someone if we have nay interest at all later.
  1. Andre Ellington
  2. CJ
  3. David Johnson (rookie they will keep)
Stephan Taylor
Marion Grice

Jenky

Reaction score
Arizona has offered Chris Johnson a 1 year deal.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Pretty sure our qb is healthier now than he has been in the last 3+ seasons

It only takes one bad hit. He is aging and we all know he has a weak back. If we ask him to throw the ball more because our running backs can't get things done.. then we are asking for trouble.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who said [from the team, not an opinion from someone] they were afraid to give Randle reps. It was never the plan to have him, or any RB to have the carries like Murray did. But I doubt carries would be split evenly 2 or 3 ways. I don't think they planned to give Murray that many carries, but it worked out that way, as he had a fantastic year because of it.

They have definitely been handling Randle with a lot more care then they ever did before. And it makes sense with both other backs out.

Two weeks ago we had 4 backs vying for the starting spot. One got cut before camp, another hasnt practiced, and a 3rd twisted an ankle in like the 3rd practice. Now apparently Randle is out. This is red alert time. We need another veteran back. Preferrably a pound the rock type that could carry the load if needed.

I am sure their plan was to play it out and see is these other guys can hold the job down. Im not sure they have a choice at this point. At some point, any new guy needs reps to learn the offense.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They may be forced to sign someone just to take snaps in practice and preseason games to effectively evaluate the performance of the OL. But i don't think there is any concern for week 1 right now. Dunbar will be back in a few days, Randle will be back soon. McFadden is the only ??? IMO given his history and nature of current injury.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They are not the only team with RB needs. It just appears they are simply burying their heads in the sand and hoping everything works itself out by the regular season. That good ol' hope as a strategy thing again.

Yah, it really doesnt make a whole lost of sense what they have done this entire offseason. But this is ridiculous now. They HAVE to do something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CJ2K on the way to Arizona . Thank goodness. Didn't want him at all.

It's good that at least some teams are willing to look into filling their needs. Too bad ours isn't one of them.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
They have definitely been handling Randle with a lot more care then they ever did before. And it makes sense with both other backs out.

Two weeks ago we had 4 backs vying for the starting spot. One got cut before camp, another hasnt practiced, and a 3rd twisted an ankle in like the 3rd practice. Now apparently Randle is out. This is red alert time. We need another veteran back. Preferrably a pound the rock type that could carry the load if needed.

I am sure their plan was to play it out and see is these other guys can hold the job down. Im not sure they have a choice at this point. At some point, any new guy needs reps to learn the offense.

Excellent post. The team isn't at all happy with Mcfadden. The writing is on the wall with that guy that they will not be able to count on him. So are we really going to role the dice and see if Randle can handle a full workload without getting hurt? That would be insane. They will do the right thing and bring in a vet. Hopefully they just do it sooner rather than later.. because as you pointed out.. he needs to learn the team and get his reps in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This could be the team to watch when they drop someone if we have nay interest at all later.
  1. Andre Ellington
  2. CJ
  3. David Johnson (rookie they will keep)
Stephan Taylor
Marion Grice

So we pick up one of the spares they drop after they sign Chris Johnson, a guy we refused to look into?

Sounds like a truly terrifying plan.

:facepalm:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Gus "The Bus" Johnson will be one of this year's great NFL stories. Can't wait to see it unfold.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Randle and DMN would play this Sunday if he were a real game. Overprotection from the Cowboys shouldn't result in overreaction from the fans.

Why does it create so much anger for you that they may need to go out and get another back? Its called being smart. Sign a guy for the veteran minimum with nothing guaranteed. Who cares?

Its like some of you cats are like "no way"!!! What is the big deal? Does it crush your image of our RB situation if we go out and get another body?

Bodies are needed. They shuffle guys in and out of here all preseason long. Why is it so damning for you if one of those guys is a RB?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Im taking Gus Johnson in the first round of my fantasy draft. Championship!