Top 3 worst management decisions over the years

It was Jerry that wanted Troy, it was also Jerry that wanted Emmett
Gerry deserves every bit as much Credit for putting the team together
After that, it was all Jimmy
Troy was going to be the first pick in the draft no matter what. Tom Landry would have drafted him. Nobody at the time knew Emmitt was going to be as great as he was. In the end Jimmy drafted him. It was in his contract that he was in charge of all football decisions. If he didn't want Troy or Emmitt, the Cowboys wouldn't have drafted them. Jerry's contributions to the Dynasty was hiring Jimmy and signing the players Jimmy wanted. Jerry could have been a great owner...maybe the greatest owner ever if he would have left football people handle football decisions.
 
Troy was going to be the first pick in the draft no matter what. Tom Landry would have drafted him. Nobody at the time knew Emmitt was going to be as great as he was. In the end Jimmy drafted him. It was in his contract that he was in charge of all football decisions. If he didn't want Troy or Emmitt, the Cowboys wouldn't have drafted them. Jerry's contributions to the Dynasty was hiring Jimmy and signing the players Jimmy wanted. Jerry could have been a great owner...maybe the greatest owner ever if he would have left football people handle football decisions.
I know the whole story, I lived through it, doesn’t matter what Tom Landry would’ve done
He wanted the quarterback that he took in the supplement draft
That’s why Aikman was upset that they actually even drafted him,
You really have to look back at what actually happened ,not what you think happened
 
Troy was going to be the first pick in the draft no matter what. Tom Landry would have drafted him. Nobody at the time knew Emmitt was going to be as great as he was. In the end Jimmy drafted him. It was in his contract that he was in charge of all football decisions. If he didn't want Troy or Emmitt, the Cowboys wouldn't have drafted them. Jerry's contributions to the Dynasty was hiring Jimmy and signing the players Jimmy wanted. Jerry could have been a great owner...maybe the greatest owner ever if he would have left football people handle football decisions.
Well, he does have three rings
 
false. Jimmy was just not as sure about Troy which is why he went after Steve Walsh
Jimmy believed in competition at all levels. Troy wasn't a proven qb yet. The current team should go back to those guidelines. Too many Cowboy players are too comfortable for accomplishing nothing.
 
I know the whole story, I lived through it, doesn’t matter what Tom Landry would’ve done
He wanted the quarterback that he took in the supplement draft
That’s why Aikman was upset that they actually even drafted him,
You really have to look back at what actually happened ,not what you think happened
I was a fan then too. I lived it. And Walsh didn't last too long here did he.? I noticed you didn't respond to the fact that Jimmy had total control of the roster. If Jimmy didn't want Troy here he would have been gone. Could have got a lot of draft picks for him too.
 
I was a fan then too. I lived it. And Walsh didn't last too long here did he.? I noticed you didn't respond to the fact that Jimmy had total control of the roster. If Jimmy didn't want Troy here he would have been gone. Could have got a lot of draft picks for him too.
Because most of what you said was factual
Look, I don’t want to give Jerry any credit, but he deserves it. He built every bit of that with Jimmy.
They were a great team, we don’t get two rings if either one of them is not part of it
And then Jimmy got the third with Barry,
And don’t say it was Jimmy‘s team. It was every bit as much as Jerry’s.
Whose idea was it to draft Herschel Walker,
 
I was a fan then too. I lived it. And Walsh didn't last too long here did he.? I noticed you didn't respond to the fact that Jimmy had total control of the roster. If Jimmy didn't want Troy here he would have been gone. Could have got a lot of draft picks for him too.
A lot of that speculation, I’m not trying to be combative, I’m just saying you don’t have one without the other
 
If GB continues their downhill slide, the Quinnen Williams trade will be on many of these lists in the future.
 
1. Jimmy. never forget that day i was stocking shelves at my job as a college kid and i heard it over the store radio speaker.

2. David Lefleur/Bobby Carpenter Draft picks.

3. Taco.

4. Letting Sean Payton out of town.
 
false. Jimmy was just not as sure about Troy which is why he went after Steve Walsh
It was also Jerry who wanted Dware, as Parcells was pushing for Spears in that spot.

Not that i want to get into the habit of complimenting Jerry, however credit due and all.
 
Because most of what you said was factual
Look, I don’t want to give Jerry any credit, but he deserves it. He built every bit of that with Jimmy.
They were a great team, we don’t get two rings if either one of them is not part of it
And then Jimmy got the third with Barry,
And don’t say it was Jimmy‘s team. It was every bit as much as Jerry’s.
Whose idea was it to draft Herschel Walker,
IDK. Tex Schramm, Tom Landry... Back in those days Nobody cared who got credit for what. As for Jerry, I give him credit as an owner. He was a great owner for 5 years.
 
A lot of that speculation, I’m not trying to be combative, I’m just saying you don’t have one without the other
Well Jimmy did produce his contract a couple months ago saying he had complete control over football matters. Let's just let it go. Don't want to derail the thread.
 
Because most of what you said was factual
Look, I don’t want to give Jerry any credit, but he deserves it. He built every bit of that with Jimmy.
They were a great team, we don’t get two rings if either one of them is not part of it
And then Jimmy got the third with Barry,
And don’t say it was Jimmy‘s team. It was every bit as much as Jerry’s.
Whose idea was it to draft Herschel Walker,
who wheeled and dealed the picks? Everything I have ever seen and heard it was Jimmy. THAT was what really built the boys; all those picks.
 
Feel the same way. He is still haunting this team in some ways. His sayings that Stephen Jones still uses and this antiquated pass offense that Dak prefers was pushed heavily by him.l

But during those Garrett years I got canceled and posts deleted here because of the “negative” view of Garrett. And here we are still trying to recover from RKGs, Stacking Days, Execute, and the new stupidity he just said on Sunday night: “You can’t score points without explosive plays”. (Yes you can).
That guy is so ingrained in Jerry and Stephen that if you close your eyes, you would think it was him talking.
 
So during the entire ownership of the Dallas Cowboys via Jerry Jones, which are the top 3 worst decisions by management since the Jones' have owned the Cowboys? Here are mine:

1. Firing Jimmy Johnson following back to back Superbowl wins.
2. Not doing a single thing to get Adrian Peterson into a Cowboys uniform, a guy that called Jones and made it clear he has always wanted to be a Cowboy, and a guy who proved he could carry an entire team on his back as he repeatedly proved he was a wrecking machine of a runner.
3. I am so disgusted by the first 2 on the list that my head is spinning so much I cannot even think about a 3rd.

Let's hear your 3. Or will the management here crush the freedom of speech I put my *** on the line to protect in multiple wars and countless missions?
Not what happened
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,038
Messages
14,658,731
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top