Top 5 horror films

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seemed his motive was merely physical (female victim wise) so he may have struck out close to home in a similar fashion; most serial killers start close to home so that may support your first murder in CHI angle there? The Senator's daughter was just sabotaged in the parking lot in a pretty bold fashion probably similarly. Good question though, never dawned on me until I saw ur post.

The first victim, Fredrica Bimmel, in this sequence of killings (keeping in mind "Buffalo Bill" had killed before– The head found in the car, within the storage unit) worked for Mrs. Littman who's home BB was living in, and who's body was apparently in the tub.

Mrs. Littman had apparently been dead for a while. BB had some sort of business relationship with her (Mrs. Littman)... To what level I do not know. At this point we don't know if Mrs. Littman died of natural causes or BB killed her.

Anyway Fredrica at one point worked for Mrs. Littman and I would guess that BB knew her. Perhaps she became infatuated with him and the result was the series of polaroid's in her undergarments. At some point obviously BB killed her. Her father told Starling that she went on the bus to Chicago for a job interview and never came back. Did she even get to Chicago? Maybe she went to Chicago to meet BB, who had a home there (that was later found to be empty).

We do know she spent time in the "pit" at the Littman house because her finger tips had shown the indications of having trying to climb her way out of somewhere or something.

My guess is there was no job interview in Chicago. She went to see BB who was splitting his time between his home there and the Littman house, with Mrs. Littman already dead.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The first victim, Fredrica Bimmel, in this sequence of killings (keeping in mind "Buffalo Bill" had killed before– The head found in the car, within the storage unit) worked for Mrs. Littman who's home BB was living in, and who's body was apparently in the tub.

Mrs. Littman had apparently been dead for a while. BB had some sort of business relationship with her (Mrs. Littman)... To what level I do not know. At this point we don't know if Mrs. Littman died of natural causes or BB killed her.

Anyway Fredrica at one point worked for Mrs. Littman and I would guess that BB knew her. Perhaps she became infatuated with him and the result was the series of polaroid's in her undergarments. At some point obviously BB killed her. Her father told Starling that she went on the bus to Chicago for a job interview and never came back. Did she even get to Chicago? Maybe she went to Chicago to meet BB, who had a home there (that was later found to be empty).

We do know she spent time in the "pit" at the Littman house because her finger tips had shown the indications of having trying to climb her way out of somewhere or something.

My guess is there was no job interview in Chicago. She went to see BB who was splitting his time between his home there and the Littman house, with Mrs. Littman already dead.
Ohhhh, dang Michael you're good. I forgot about the storage unit she needed help opening and found that head. You're right, it sounds as he either tricked her into coming to for a false job interview CHI but was kidnapped en route and taken to his pit. His intimate knowledge of her being a worker for Littman is likely what lead her to be his first female. His "motive" allowing him to become female after being denied the transplant by the 2 hospitals Lecter mentioned. Wasn't the head of his male lover found in the storage unit when he was being treated in Baltimore by Hannibal? All coming together, only couple decades late. :D

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Hey Michael/Horror fans,

You seen Babadook? Was the Babadook her grief being encompassed into a horror figure from the built up grief from the sudden death of her husband. She wrote the book over and over after destroying it but wasn't of the mental state to realize she was the one re-writing (she had art stains on her hands when at the police station my gf pointed out). She continued feeding the Babadook by suppressing her grief for her dead husband?

The Babadook (grief) will always be with her, but she has to find a way to live with it in a healthy way. Maybe when he is older (son), she may be able to embrace that element with her son but for now it is her own monster (grief of her husband dying on sons bday) she is learning to live with and doing it not perfectly, but in a way that has allowed her some type of happiness again; scared of the babadook but has learned to calm it via acknowledge her hurt= taking the worms back into the darkness in the end after acknowledging the pain and hurt the babadook was feeling.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ohhhh, dang Michael you're good. I forgot about the storage unit she needed help opening and found that head. You're right, it sounds as he either tricked her into coming to for a false job interview CHI but was kidnapped en route and taken to his pit. His intimate knowledge of her being a worker for Littman is likely what lead her to be his first female. His "motive" allowing him to become female after being denied the transplant by the 2 hospitals Lecter mentioned. Wasn't the head of his male lover found in the storage unit when he was being treated in Baltimore by Hannibal? All coming together, only couple decades late. :D

Yes, the head was that of his (BB's) male lover.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hey Michael/Horror fans,

You seen Babadook? Was the Babadook her grief being encompassed into a horror figure from the built up grief from the sudden death of her husband. She wrote the book over and over after destroying it but wasn't of the mental state to realize she was the one re-writing (she had art stains on her hands when at the police station my gf pointed out). She continued feeding the Babadook by suppressing her grief for her dead husband?

The Babadook (grief) will always be with her, but she has to find a way to live with it in a healthy way. Maybe when he is older (son), she may be able to embrace that element with her son but for now it is her own monster (grief of her husband dying on sons bday) she is learning to live with and doing it not perfectly, but in a way that has allowed her some type of happiness again; scared of the babadook but has learned to calm it via acknowledge her hurt= taking the worms back into the darkness in the end after acknowledging the pain and hurt the babadook was feeling.
One of the best films, period, I’ve ever seen. Included it in my list :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
One of the best films, period, I’ve ever seen. Included it in my list :)
I love it now after my GF explained the ending to me. At first was like, "What kind of ending was that, the monster's not dead!" The monster can't die, only managed...ohhhh. :D

bb721

Reaction score
In an earlier post I mentioned about "Jeepers Creepers" having one of the best beginnings to any horror movie period.

I actually enjoyed Jeepers Creepers 2 even more than the first one, but they were both good. The third one, which had a very brief run in theaters, will be coming out on DVD in December.

9darter

Reaction score
Don't care for the genre, and not sure about its definition, but a top 3 would be The Shining (since I'm a Kubrick fan), Saw I and Haneke's Funny Games (the original version, not the crappy remake).

For a top 5, I don't know. Maybe you could add Cowboys game film this season and BP's new avatar.

bb721

Reaction score
Don't care for the genre, and not sure about its definition, but a top 3 would be The Shining (since I'm a Kubrick fan), Saw I and Haneke's Funny Games (the original version, not the crappy remake).

For a top 5, I don't know. Maybe you could add Cowboys game film this season and BP's new avatar.

Gotta agree. I like BrainPaint but his current Avatar skeeves me out, looking forward to him changing it!!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched two under-rated horror flicks today... "People Under the Stairs" and the late 70's monster flick "Prophecy".

I consider "People" to be one of Wes Craven's best films.

Yeah it's a little weird and campy in spots. But I think the story is solid and the two villains, played by Wendy Robie and Everett McGill are excellent.

The film did OK at the box office but wasn't any great shakes.

I think a big part of the problem is the genre was moribund from about '86 for about a decade until the release of "Scream". Horror was a big black hole for the most part.

I'd rather watch "People" than "Freddy" quite frankly.

The movie "Prophecy" IMO is the best of the giant mutant creature films that were done in the US throughout the 70's. Rewatching it today, it doesn't appear dated. It packs several good scares and the creature itself looks menacing in 2017... And not a bit of CGI used.

A great film to watch during Halloween season... Would have loved to have seen a "Prophecy 2" come out.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watched two under-rated horror flicks today... "People Under the Stairs" and the late 70's monster flick "Prophecy".

I consider "People" to be one of Wes Craven's best films.

Yeah it's a little weird and campy in spots. But I think the story is solid and the two villains, played by Wendy Robie and Everett McGill are excellent.

The film did OK at the box office but wasn't any great shakes.

I think a big part of the problem is the genre was moribund from about '86 for about a decade until the release of "Scream". Horror was a big black hole for the most part.

I'd rather watch "People" than "Freddy" quite frankly.

The movie "Prophecy" IMO is the best of the giant mutant creature films that were done in the US throughout the 70's. Rewatching it today, it doesn't appear dated. It packs several good scares and the creature itself looks menacing in 2017... And not a bit of CGI used.

A great film to watch during Halloween season... Would have loved to have seen a "Prophecy 2" come out.

Prophecy is one of my all-time favorites from that era. It was absolutely scary, especially when you were a youngin back then.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Are there any old-timers out there like me that remember seeing old movie ads (or possibly posters) that were really over the top saying stuff like, dont watch without your doctors approval, not for young children, etc?

I'm looking for them online with no luck but I know I saw them

dallasdave

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Whoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!