Top 5 horror films

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In "Silence of the Lambs" still trying to sort out what happened to the first female victim "Buffalo Bill" killed (not including the old lady in the tub).

This was the victim that they autopsied and who was found weighted down.

Her father said she went to Chicago for a job interview and never came back.

She's also the one that had the "undy" pictures in the music box.

Now was "Buffalo Bill" her supposed boyfriend? Did he accompany her to Chicago and kill her as soon as she got home?
We know BB did have a house (which was empty) near Chicago... Did that figure in things?

blindzebra

Reaction score
In "Silence of the Lambs" still trying to sort out what happened to the first female victim "Buffalo Bill" killed (not including the old lady in the tub).

Now was "Buffalo Bill" her supposed boyfriend? Did he accompany her to Chicago and kill her as soon as she got home?
We know BB did have a house (which was empty) near Chicago... Did that figure in things?
Mcgruffins.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some made for TV gems like:

"Kolchak the Night Stalker"
It has been 40+ years since Kolchak debuted on television but the show's intro/theme remains solidly within my personal top 75 best series lead-ins:

Oh yeah. For you young folks out there wondering what IS that thing Darren McGavin is pecking away at? That is what was called a typewriter back in the day. :p

maxdogg

Reaction score
It has been 40+ years since Kolchak debuted on television but the show's intro/theme remains solidly within my personal top 75 best series lead-ins:

Oh yeah. For you young folks out there wondering what IS that thing Darren McGavin is pecking away at? That is what was called a typewriter back in the day. :p

I loved Kolchak I remember me and my friends would watch that I think every Friday night.

haleyrules

Reaction score

wth. Now I have to watch it again!!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Just watched "Scream".

Very good movie. The last half-hour ranks as one of the best in movie history period IMO.
I was going to include it but left it off due to the spoof type nature to it. It was a good horror movie though and was huge when released; think I saw it 2-3 times in HS. Like you said the ending really did make the whole thing come together w the other subplots exposed, etc.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched a decent low-budget horror flick tonight titled "The Neighbor" staring Josh Stewart and Bill Engvall (one of the "Blue Color" guys). It was better than it had a right to be.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I was going to include it but left it off due to the spoof type nature to it. It was a good horror movie though and was huge when released; think I saw it 2-3 times in HS. Like you said the ending really did make the whole thing come together w the other subplots exposed, etc.
I thought it was a spoof until the Wayans brothers spoofed it lol.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I thought it was a spoof until the Wayans brothers spoofed it lol.
You're right actually. "Scary movies" just amped up the cheesy stereotypes but the whole Scream movie was Naked Gun, Airplane, etc. of Horror Movies. I thought the dad subplot and the grizzly type ending made it come together pretty well. I swear, this guy has been in teenage movies for 30 years. This gif below does make your point pretty on spot
giphy.gif

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

It seemed his motive was merely physical (female victim wise) so he may have struck out close to home in a similar fashion; most serial killers start close to home so that may support your first murder in CHI angle there? The Senator's daughter was just sabotaged in the parking lot in a pretty bold fashion even with the ruse; staying there through the screams to cut her dress, etc. Good question though, never dawned on me until I saw ur post.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Red Dragon (probably a loner here but liked it a little more than Silence of the Lambs)

I liked the back n forth with Ed Norton bc he wasn't intimidated by him as was Clarice. The murders were more grizzly and realistically scary. Definitely darker if that was possible. More 1.a 1.b there bw the two films.