Top 5 Landing Spots for Dak Prescott per CBS

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol how do you figure that.

Dak and Kirk are basically the same QB. And Dak is losing his mobility which is the only thing that gives him an advantage over Cousins.
You need to stop listening to Skip Bayless and those other loudmouths in the media. :rolleyes: Dak is better than Cousins. The Vikings went after Cousins several years ago and the only reason they probably moved on was his age and he’s coming off an ACL. If they don’t get good QB play next season, they’ll likely be interested in Dak if he becomes a free agent.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol

Do people just pick random teams?

Both the Seahawks and Broncos moved on from their version of "Dak" in Russell Wilson.
Why would they be interested in signing a guy with less playoff success and that's more expensive than what they had in Russell Wilson?

People think that other teams have Jerry as their GM lol

Now, the saints? They've tried the "good enough" cast offs like Derek Carr and Jamies Winston, I think they realize you are better off drafting a guy that hoping an average QB turns your franchise around.

There is a place for Dak in the NFL, but it will probably be a terrible team looking for relevance like the Falcons.

I love how you shoot down other teams that have actually been somewhat linked and then bring up the falcons who literally just signed cousins…you got it all figured out chief lol

Jarntt

Reaction score
Top 5 teams for Dak

Note Dallas would have $40M+ in dead money for 2025 after Dak is gone.
That's enough to sign 20 Johnathan Hankins based on his new deal. (or equivalent free agents)
Staggering mismanagement.
I hope everyone who feels that the handling of Dak’s cap hit was staggering mismanagement also is 100% against extending him THIS YEAR and freeing up cap space to spend this year by extending him. Because if you think the dead money right now is staggering, do the math on what the dead money will be after the $60M per year extension is up or if you don’t think they won’t completely back load it, then add $60M to next years cap hit and try to fit that in. That would make Dak’s 2025 cap hit $100M if his contract expires (all dead money hits 2025) and then he is re-signed or $86M (only current 2025 money stays in 2025) if extended before it expires.

the fact is that reducing Dak’s dead money is the first smart thing this group has done in years. Whether they choose to extend him next year or not, they still need to start reducing that albatross of a cap hit and that means letting him play this year out as is

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You guys are all fixated on Dak, but after reading the OP all I can think about is a team with 20 Jonathan Hankins

stinkface

Reaction score
If Pats don't draft a QB this year, I could see him going there. Let them load up on draft talent and then make a move at QB
Dak needs a team with a Dome. That is where he plays the best. Well, not including playoffs. He sucks everywhere there.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is better than Cousins but some of you can keep listening Skip Bayless and the others. Even a notch better than Cousins would benefit the Vikings.
Cousins isn’t running a dumbed down offense, has bettter mechanics and better release, was playing with a way worse OL and defense.. amazing m Dak fanboys make all the excuses in the world for Dak, but don’t afford them for guys like Kirk..

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak needs a team with a Dome. That is where he plays the best. Well, not including playoffs. He sucks everywhere there.
Where his speedy WRs have like 12 steps on the DBs.. he couldn’t find Dez or to save his life..

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak’s won 2 playoff games so he has had some playoff success. His regular season teams have been good but his “playoff” teams have mostly sucked. The Cowboys aren’t the same team in the playoffs.
The QB isn’t the same QB against good teams or the play-offs..

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is even worse in cold weather. Not sure he'd like the NFC North.
That’s the comical thing. Dak can’t win outside Dallas either…. On grass and outside, in a place where weather gets bad.. it’s going to be a circus.. I’ll personally enjoy watching those games though..

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak could replace Aaron Rodgers next year. The Jets would pay him and don't mind signing aging stars to their roster.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
That’s the comical thing. Dak can’t win outside Dallas either…. On grass and outside, in a place where weather gets bad.. it’s going to be a circus.. I’ll personally enjoy watching those games though..
Plus the next team won't protect him in preseason. He'll be exposed against scrubs early.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just as a general note, I figured that most highly paid QB's would have a big cap hit after they leave.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/josh-allen-25102/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/justin-herbert-47599/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/daniel-jones-29041/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/patrick-mahomes-21751/

That isn't the case at all. Dallas' management of the cap has turned out to be spectacularly bad. Or more specifically, they "went for it" the past few years and now the bills are coming due. Shame on Jerry for going "all in" on a team with Dallas' flaws and compromising his future.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Just as a general note, I figured that most highly paid QB's would have a big cap hit after they leave.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/josh-allen-25102/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/justin-herbert-47599/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/daniel-jones-29041/
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/patrick-mahomes-21751/

That isn't the case at all. Dallas' management of the cap has turned out to be spectacularly bad. Or more specifically, they "went for it" the past few years and now the bills are coming due. Shame on Jerry for going "all in" on a team with Dallas' flaws and compromising his future.
This is 100% accurate. Jerry thought this team was poised and ready to win it all, so he actually did go all in but it was a few seasons ago when he signed Dak to that contract.

Like making a deal with the devil, that payment is now due.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The QB isn’t the same QB against good teams or the play-offs..
The team isn’t the same team against good teams especially in the playoffs. Nothing is the same with the Cowboys in the playoffs. All the good things we do during the regular season never shows up in the playoffs. Once the playoffs arrive we turn into a pumpkin.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The team isn’t the same team against good teams especially in the playoffs. Nothing is the same with the Cowboys in the playoffs. All the good things we do during the regular season never shows up in the playoffs. Once the playoffs arrive we turn into a pumpkin.
Right...its coaching more than not having a Generational QB that few teams get if ever.

This conversation is beyond played out.

The coaching in the Playoffs is doo-doo just as much as not having Michael Jordan as your QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cousins isn’t running a dumbed down offense, has bettter mechanics and better release, was playing with a way worse OL and defense.. amazing m Dak fanboys make all the excuses in the world for Dak, but don’t afford them for guys like Kirk..
Spin all the BS you want but Cousins isn’t as good as Dak. You don’t like Dak. I get it! I haven’t heard anyone respectable who covers the NFL say Cousins is better than Dak. Our OL and defense isn’t better than anyone’s in the playoffs. The only thing that shows up consistently from the regular season in the playoffs is the penalties.

khiladi

Reaction score
Spin all the BS you want but Cousins isn’t as good as Dak. You don’t like Dak. I get it! I haven’t heard anyone respectable who covers the NFL say Cousins is better than Dak. Our OL and defense isn’t better than anyone’s in the playoffs. The only thing that shows up consistently from the regular season in the playoffs is the penalties.
“In the playoffs”.. Dak isn’t better than the opposing QB “in the playoffs”. Imagine saying Kirk had a better defense in 2021 and 2022..

You all fanboys will say anything..