Top 5 Landing Spots for Dak Prescott per CBS

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I would expect Minnesota to go after him. He would have his best chance of winning with the Vikings.

I’m not totally sold on Minnesota going after him. I know they have been connected but dak and Kirk are similar players, dak of course being younger but it seems to me that if Minnesota wanted to have a quarterback of that level they could have signed cousins but I think they are leaning more for a rebuild.

We’ll see they could definitely in the hunt, but of course I don’t think the cowboys are moving on from dak

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m not totally sold on Minnesota going after him. I know they have been connected but dak and Kirk are similar players, dak of course being younger but it seems to me that if Minnesota wanted to have a quarterback of that level they could have signed cousins but I think they are leaning more for a rebuild.

We’ll see they could definitely in the hunt, but of course I don’t think the cowboys are moving on from dak
I’m not sold on Minnesota going after him, but it’s a possibility if he’s made available. They went after Cousins in free agency a few years ago and although Dak gets compared to him, Dak is better. Cousins is coming off an ACL and the Vikings probably felt it’s time to move on.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’ve said that multiple times, I was talking strictly hypothetical situations where he does leave or test free agency
I would like to see dak go the giants, would make the rivalry fun.
But dont think they can afford him, so it isnt just need, can the other teams afford him??
And do they think he is worth that much?

Motorola

Reaction score
Dak is even worse in cold weather. Not sure he'd like the NFC North.
Two of the NFC North teams play in dome stadiums (Lions and Vikings).
Really no difference from what Prescott faces being in the NFC East.
Chicago and Green Bay versus New York and Philadelphia (one could include Maryland as well).
And throw in the possibility that those games could be scheduled in September and October, as opposed to December and the first week of January.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Top 5 teams for Dak

Note Dallas would have $40M+ in dead money for 2025 after Dak is gone.
That's enough to sign 20 Johnathan Hankins based on his new deal. (or equivalent free agents)
Staggering mismanagement.
Denver no way as their cap won't allow a mega deal for Dak and Payton is too smart of a coach to be interested in dinking and dunking Dakko.
Minn is drafting their QB in April and they just got rid of Kirk clone Prescott.
Raiders have Carr and there is a small if any difference.
Pats are drafting their QB in April.
Hawks got Geno and again not a major difference between the two only the price tag Prescott will demand.
If the majority of rookie QB prove to be worthy Fa Prescott is going to have a difficult Fa road ahead of him.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Denver no way as their cap won't allow a mega deal for Dak and Payton is too smart of a coach to be interested in dinking and dunking Dakko.
Minn is drafting their QB in April and they just got rid of Kirk clone Prescott.
Raiders have Carr and there is a small if any difference.
Pats are drafting their QB in April.
Hawks got Geno and again not a major difference between the two only the price tag Prescott will demand.
If the majority of rookie QB prove to be worthy Fa Prescott is going to have a difficult Fa road ahead of him.

Raiders have Carr lol….at least now I know not to take the bait

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Seahawks, raiders, broncos and New Orleans I think are all somewhat realistic options.
Lol

Do people just pick random teams?

Both the Seahawks and Broncos moved on from their version of "Dak" in Russell Wilson.
Why would they be interested in signing a guy with less playoff success and that's more expensive than what they had in Russell Wilson?

People think that other teams have Jerry as their GM lol

Now, the saints? They've tried the "good enough" cast offs like Derek Carr and Jamies Winston, I think they realize you are better off drafting a guy that hoping an average QB turns your franchise around.

There is a place for Dak in the NFL, but it will probably be a terrible team looking for relevance like the Falcons.

loublue22

Reaction score
what if we go 6-11 and Dak loses every big game and looks bad doing it? that is a distinct possibility, are they lining up then?

J12B

Reaction score
I would expect Minnesota to go after him. He would have his best chance of winning with the Vikings.
Lol how do you figure that.

Dak and Kirk are basically the same QB. And Dak is losing his mobility which is the only thing that gives him an advantage over Cousins.