Twitter: Top 5 QB's in Cowboys history according to Brandt, Sham, Laufenberg, etc

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL, you are having a mental breakdown... don’t even try to defend your arguments anymore. What happened in 2013 troll? Don’t worry... there’s still time for you to cry to a mod for help and get a hug.
The same thing that happened in 2013 as it did in 2012 and 2011. Game 16s with the playoffs on the line.

Oooh, it breaks your achy breaky heart to be reminded of your chokefulness beloved, doesn't it? Oooh, Super_Troll needs a big hug and for AC to stop hurting his idol lovefest feelings with facts! :laugh::angry::laugh:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The same thing that happened in 2013 as it did in 2012 and 2011. Game 16s with the playoffs on the line.

Oooh, it breaks your achy breaky heart to be reminded of your chokefulness beloved, doesn't it? Oooh, Super_Troll needs a big hug and for AC to stop hurting his idol lovefest feelings with facts! :laugh::angry::laugh:
Yeah you said it was the same QB all 3 times... nice try troll. You’re a fake fan who wasn’t even watching the team 5 years ago. Which is why you are so ignorant to the history of the team and make so many simple mistakes. It’s become a full time job correcting all of your drivel.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah you said it was the same QB all 3 times... nice try troll. You’re a fake fan who wasn’t even watching the team 5 years ago. Which is why you are so ignorant to the history of the team and make so many simple mistakes. It’s become a full time job correcting all of your drivel.
Super_Troll back to spreading his lies...all based on false assumptions as usual. Get lost Troll.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Super_Troll back to spreading his lies...all based on false assumptions as usual. Get lost Troll.
You’re a fake fan who doesn’t even know the simple history of the team. But by all means show me where I’m lying. You’re too scared to even open that can of worms. You’re a troll who wasn’t a fan in 2013. You exposed yourself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, Dak just laid an egg in philly. He's so much better than Romo with the playoffs on the line. :facepalm:

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, Dak just laid an egg in philly. He's so much better than Romo with the playoffs one the line. :facepalm:
He was playing injured, yet still gave the team a chance. Other players sure didn't help. Still, the team had a chance the following week which Dak and the team delivered. Too bad they didn't deliver earlier in the season when they should have won, but Dak wasn't solely responsible. What happened during Week 17s with the playoffs on the line in back-to-back-to-back seasons (2011 - 2013)??? :huh: Do you need a clue or does it break your heart as well?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He was playing injured, yet still gave the team a chance. Other players sure didn't help. Still, the team had a chance the following week which Dak and the team delivered. Too bad they didn't deliver earlier in the season when they should have won, but Dak wasn't solely responsible. What happened during Week 17s with the playoffs on the line in back-to-back-to-back seasons (2011 - 2013)??? :huh: Do you need a clue or does it break your heart as well?
The crying and excuse making from this one is embarrassing. You would think people would have more dignity. But it’s not surprising coming from a troll who thinks Dak “delivered” in Week 17. LOL!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The crying and excuse making from this one is embarrassing. You would think people would have more dignity. But it’s not surprising coming from a troll who thinks Dak “delivered” in Week 17. LOL!
Hey, your man-crush hero retired 4 years ago. Why haven't you followed him?

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo was fun, and then he was heartbreaking.

Now he's just fun.

So true, his highs were high but his lows were low........but he would always go out swinging, win or lose, never with a whimper like we did in the Eagles Division title deciding game this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No you contested what I said... and came up miserably short in a sad trolling attempt. If you had just said Dak was better than Romo or Staubach I doubt I would have replied. Opinions and all.
So again said slowly: Romo is better than Dak in every way through four years. Even in fairy land stuff like playoff wins. All of this information is easily available on the internet. You can get angry at me if you want, but you are really angry at whatever problems you’re having these days. Life is tough, get a helmet.
I never even remotely suggested Dak was better than Romo, and you just brought Staubach into it out of the blue when I hadn't even mentioned him in an effort to fabricate an entirely nonsensical exaggeration of what I have said. That shows a completely unwillingness, or inability to discuss this rationally - might as well be talking to a brick as try and have a discussion with someone like that.

Romo may well be better than Dak - I never said otherwise. In fact, I lean that way. But that wasn't your original comment. You said there was "leterally" not a single area where Dak was better than Romo, and you can find individual stats where he was. That is entirely different than making a broad statement that Romo was a better QB. I have zero issue with that belief, but when you feel the need to exaggerate and imagine some silly melodrama and turn it all into a soap opera you lose any semblance of credibility. It doesn't take trashing Dak to believe Romo was better any more than it takes trashing Aikman to things Staubach was better, or the other way around.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Danny White was a very good QB, the same level Romo achieved too. Neither were great.

I don't agree. Romo was a better quarterback than White ever was on a worse team with a worse coach.

Team achievement is a team accomplishment. Some hold Dallas' lack of playoff success against Romo and credit White for the team's playoff successes during his year. That's wrongheaded.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He was greater than most other Cowboys QBs. When you help your team reach 3 NFC Conference Championship games and all in a row, show me which other Cowboys QB has accomplished that?

Once again, it's not all about the quarterback. He played a role, but can you say that Romo would not have done the same or better in the same circumstances? Can you say prime Staubach would not have done even more with those teams?

It is very shortsighted to overall blame or praise a quarterback for team accomplishments. White was a good quarterback, better than Hogeboom and Steve Pelleur anyway, both players he was benched in favor of because White made too many mistakes, especially in the playoffs.

While some here accuse others of viewing Romo through rose-colored glasses, there seems to be a tendency for some to do that here with White.

Danny White had a career 81.7 QB rating completing 59.7 percent of his passes with 155 TDs and 132 ints. In the playoffs, he completed 57.2 percent of his passes with 15 TDs and 16 ints. The completion percentage and QB rating are not bad compared to his contemporaries, but the turnover rate is terrible.

Although I mentioned them earlier, I won't compare the career numbers to Romo's because it was a different era, However, compare the interception rate with most of the great QBs of the time period and that is where White comes up short. Few QBs with any playoff success threw more interceptions than TDs ... only ones with defenses that could weather those mistakes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Once again, it's not all about the quarterback. He played a role, but can you say that Romo would not have done the same or better in the same circumstances? Can you say prime Staubach would not have done even more with those teams?

It is very shortsighted to overall blame or praise a quarterback for team accomplishments. White was a good quarterback, better than Hogeboom and Steve Pelleur anyway, both players he was benched in favor of because White made too many mistakes, especially in the playoffs.

While some here accuse others of viewing Romo through rose-colored glasses, there seems to be a tendency for some to do that here with White.

Danny White had a career 81.7 QB rating completing 59.7 percent of his passes with 155 TDs and 132 ints. In the playoffs, he completed 57.2 percent of his passes with 15 TDs and 16 ints. The completion percentage and QB rating are not bad compared to his contemporaries, but the turnover rate is terrible.

Although I mentioned them earlier, I won't compare the career numbers to Romo's because it was a different era, However, compare the interception rate with most of the great QBs of the time period and that is where White comes up short. Few QBs with any playoff success threw more interceptions than TDs ... only ones with defenses that could weather those mistakes.
I hear you, but you made my point. It takes a village to make it that far in the playoffs. Like you insinuated, not all blame or praise should go to the QB. It's rare to find a QB who can carry a team, especially in the playoffs, when the rest of the team fails. Danny White was not that type of QB, but he was an integral part of those early 80s Cowboys teams that made it 3 times in a row to an NFC Conference Championship game. He deserves some credit for that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't agree. Romo was a better quarterback than White ever was on a worse team with a worse coach.

Team achievement is a team accomplishment. Some hold Dallas' lack of playoff success against Romo and credit White for the team's playoff successes during his year. That's wrongheaded.
Being better than White doesn't make him great. He was still just a very good QB.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So Danny White was a 50/50 QB during the playoffs? Half of the time the team carried him, and half of the time he carried the team during the playoffs? He still was a part of the team that reached the NFC Conference Championship game 3 years in a row, so you should at least give him credit for that since that is not easy to accomplish, something Romo never accomplished and something Dak has yet to accomplish. Have some respect. Sheesh.

I respect that it's not easy for any team to accomplish.

Trent Dilfer's team won a Super Bowl. That does not make him a great quarterback. That doesn't mean that he was the main reason for the success. It does not mean that the team wouldn't have been even better with a better quarterback. It simply means that he was on the right team at the right time.

If Dallas had not promoted White when Staubach retired in 1980 and had let's say gotten Joe Montana in the 1979 draft instead of taking Doug Cosbie, who knows how the seasons White started would have turned out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I respect that it's not easy for any team to accomplish.

Trent Dilfer's team won a Super Bowl. That does not make him a great quarterback. That doesn't mean that he was the main reason for the success. It does not mean that the team wouldn't have been even better with a better quarterback. It simply means that he was on the right team at the right time.

If Dallas had not promoted White when Staubach retired in 1980 and had let's say gotten Joe Montana in the 1979 draft instead of taking Doug Cosbie, who knows how the seasons White started would have turned out.
You're not comparing apples to apples. It's one thing to bring up Dilfer reaching one Super Bowl, while it's entirely different to reach the NFC Conference Championship game 3 times in a row.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I hear you, but you made my point. It takes a village to make it that far in the playoffs. Like you insinuated, not all blame or praise should go to the QB. It's rare to find a QB who can carry a team, especially in the playoffs, when the rest of the team fails. Danny White was not that type of QB, but he was an integral part of those early 80s Cowboys teams that made it 3 times in a row to an NFC Conference Championship game. He deserves some credit for that.

I guess I see it differently. I think he deserves some blame for those teams not doing better.

That might not be fair because as we've said it's a team game, but if we're going to give him credit then we also need to acknowledge that he played a role in the failures as well.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You're not comparing apples to apples. It's one thing to bring up Dilfer reaching one Super Bowl, while it's entirely different to reach the NFC Conference Championship game 3 times in a row.

No. It's still a matter of team play. It's easy for everyone to acknowledge that Dilfer got to the Super Bowl because of team play. It should also be easy to acknowledge that White got to championship games because of team play.

You could even say that Baltimore won despite Dilfer. I won't go that far with White, but I do believe those teams would have accomplished even more with a better QB.