Top Gun: Maverick Trailer

nobody

Reaction score
that would make zero sense to me. A top gun sequel can only be about Maverick. Why have Tom Cruise in the movie at all? He doesnt play small bit parts in movies, unless he wants to like Tropic Thunder.

In my opinion, his part in Tropic Thunder is some of the best work he's ever done.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Right, it's about him. It would have been better if he was an instructor to some young pilots - IMO
I always thought the original was overrated. Pretty corny, and more about a cute young Tom Cruise and silly catch phrases than content. And I agree - they could have done better than Kelly McGillis.

The trailer to this one makes me think it could be better than the original.
I hope Goose’s son is in it as a pilot now :thumbup:
Curious to see Val Kilmers role in this film.
I didn't say I agree. I just said I see what he's saying. That said, the name of the movie is Top Gun, so it could be about him as an instructor, and the guys he teaches.
Wikipedia says Maverick is a Top Gun flight instructor and he upgraded to Jennifer Connelly:
4wNR5oU.png
Goose's son and Vice Admiral Iceman too: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gun:_Maverick

Reid1boys

Reaction score
guy
In my opinion, his part in Tropic Thunder is some of the best work he's ever done.
is totally overlooked as an actor because he does mostly action, but he is just damn talented. He is my generations Steve McQueen, Sean Connery.... I love Tom Cruise. The Mission Impossible movies have kicked arse also.