Top NFL Teams 2005 and 2006

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wow, nice work DallasEast. Here are my comments on the thread:

Every year the talking heads pick the same teams as the year before to go into the playoffs and every year they are proven wrong. But that certainly does not stop them. Last year, everyone picked a Patriots-Eagles rematch, and this year it seems to be either the Steelers, Seahawks, Colts or Panthers. They'll be wrong again.

Regarding the back-and-forth about the Commanders, they are a well coached team that caught some very lucky breaks. That's all the poster was saying. Breaks are what football is about, but while the Cowboys were getting burned on missed field goals and losing close games, the Commanders were getting the right bounces and timely calls. Sometimes that happens, but they'll certainly place third or fourth in the division this coming year.

I think this year will see a big changing of the guard. I like the Cowboys to win the NFC East, the Rams the NFC West, the Dolphins the AFC East, and keep your eye on Oakland in the AFC West.

illone

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Listen, sickone....real slow now...OK? Just for you!

Your teams first game against the Cowboys last year...WAS PURE FREAKING LUCK! UNDERSTAND!

If not for that game...you would have not made the playoffs, now would you? Answer the question this time...! If you would have lost that first game, would your team have made the playoffs? And, I'm talking about if everything afterwards worked out like it did for your team and the little Marching Band...

(this should be good....)

:star:

My point is that you can't say IF for the Skins anymore than you can say the same thing for any other team in the NFL. We stole the game from you guys. I know that, you know that. Same way you stole one from Philly late in the year. Was that luck, too?

If we would have lost that first game to you guys that would have changed the entire year for us. Who knows what would have happened? Saying we would not have made the playoffs is insane speculation and just your own hatred of the Skins shining through, nothing more. You can have that opinion, but it doesn't do much for your argument.

Running that play once might go down as luck but twice? Do you really believe we got lucky twice? Does the thought ever enter your mind that maybe Roy shouldn't have been responsible for the deep middle on that play? Does the thought enter your mind that we just knew we could beat you deep again because none of your secondary could catch Santana? You got beat twice, fair and square. Lucky is a serious stretch. Please try to take the homer glasses off for a moment.

I am glad that game still stings, though. It does my heart good that a year later it still affects you. And to top it off your boys said it wouldn't happen in game two, but yet it only got worse. Keep on drinking your kool-aid. You had your chance to beat us when it really counted and fell short.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
illone said:
My point is that you can't say IF for the Skins anymore than you can say the same thing for any other team in the NFL. We stole the game from you guys. I know that, you know that. Same way you stole one from Philly late in the year. Was that luck, too?

If we would have lost that first game to you guys that would have changed the entire year for us. Who knows what would have happened? Saying we would not have made the playoffs is insane speculation and just your own hatred of the Skins shining through, nothing more. You can have that opinion, but it doesn't do much for your argument.

Running that play once might go down as luck but twice? Do you really believe we got lucky twice? Does the thought ever enter your mind that maybe Roy shouldn't have been responsible for the deep middle on that play? Does the thought enter your mind that we just knew we could beat you deep again because none of your secondary could catch Santana? You got beat twice, fair and square. Lucky is a serious stretch. Please try to take the homer glasses off for a moment.

I am glad that game still stings, though. It does my heart good that a year later it still affects you. And to top it off your boys said it wouldn't happen in game two, but yet it only got worse. Keep on drinking your kool-aid. You had your chance to beat us when it really counted and fell short.

Stop your blabbering and answer that question, sickone! A simple yes or no! Be brave, be a man, answer that simple question below...stop all the blabbering, answer the question...can you? :lmao:

If not for that game...you would have not made the playoffs, now would you? Answer the question this time...! If you would have lost that first game, would your team have made the playoffs? And, I'm talking about if everything afterwards worked out like it did for your team and the little Marching Band...

illone

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Stop your blabbering and answer that question, sickone! A simple yes or no! Be brave, be a man, answer that simple question below...stop all the blabbering, answer the question...can you? :lmao:

I addressed that question in my post above.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
about the week 2 mishap, i want to know what the heck bill was thinking putting our NICKLE cb on the skins starting wr?, glenn is fast, but not THAT fast any more

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sometimes Zimmer is a little too by the book. We do not man our corners; we zone, etc. We do not flip our corners so that they keep covering the same guy.
Personally, with the quality of corners we have now I would man all day long. Keep the FS deep to watch out, and have Roy patrolling the short middle and getting close to the LOS.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
5Stars said:

You're absolutely right they would have not made the playoffs...but then again, if Seattle had beaten Pittsburg, they would have been Super Bowl Champions.

If Dallas hadn't gone 2-4 down the stretch, including a 35-7 drubbing by your division rival with the playoffs on the line, then well...maybe things would have been different.

So sit back, relax, breathe in through the nose, out throught the mouth, live in reality for a moment and realize what did happen - the Cowboys choked in Dallas, and they ran out of steam coming down the stretch, injuries are no excuse. They didn't get it done. Can you admit that?

superpunk

Reaction score
Sonny#9 said:
Can you admit that?

How do you admit facts, I wonder? :rolleyes:

The Cowboys late season failure has been discussed ad nauseum on here. Catch up, Norman.

Unfortunately, none of us can figure out what that has to do with this upcoming season, one where our team will actually be healthy.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
superpunk said:
How do you admit facts, I wonder? :rolleyes:

The Cowboys late season failure has been discussed ad nauseum on here. Catch up, Norman.

Unfortunately, none of us can figure out what that has to do with this upcoming season, one where our team will actually be healthy.

Oh so you can guarentee the Cowboys will be healthy? And don't you mean EXCUSES for the Cowboys late season failure has been discussed ad nauseum on here.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sonny#9 said:
You're absolutely right they would have not made the playoffs

Sonny#9...thanks for the answer! At least you are man enough to say it.

It's no big deal, really, I just wanted to see if that kid, the sickone, had the guts to say it. Instead, like a coward, he blabbers his way around a simple question!

I applaude you...this time only!!! :mad:

:bow:

illone

Reaction score
I still have yet to see anyone explain how the Skins got lucky last year.

I've seen plenty of opinions on it, but nothing to back it up.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sonny#9 said:
You're absolutely right they would have not made the playoffs...but then again, if Seattle had beaten Pittsburg, they would have been Super Bowl Champions.

If Dallas hadn't gone 2-4 down the stretch, including a 35-7 drubbing by your division rival with the playoffs on the line, then well...maybe things would have been different.

So sit back, relax, breathe in through the nose, out throught the mouth, live in reality for a moment and realize what did happen - the Cowboys choked in Dallas, and they ran out of steam coming down the stretch, injuries are no excuse. They didn't get it done. Can you admit that?

Yes...to some of it...but, the injuries were a big part also, and you should know that.

superpunk

Reaction score
Sonny#9 said:
Oh so you can guarentee the Cowboys will be healthy?

I believe it's generally accepted that team's start the year healthy. I have yet to read any columnist or experts do their "Injury Projections" for the upcoming season.

Please feel free to share them if you come across them.

And don't you mean EXCUSES for the Cowboys late season failure has been discussed ad nauseum on here.

Sure. Because you're familiar with what has been talked about the past 7 months since the season ended.:rolleyes:

Sonny#9

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Please feel free to share them if you come across them.

Sensitive aren't we? It's funny how you make an assanine statement and then turn it back on me. You're the one who said the Cowboys will be healthy next season. So, care to back that up?

superpunk said:
Sure. Because you're familiar with what has been talked about the past 7 months since the season ended.:rolleyes:

Its so funny how you evade and come back with emotional responses every time I bring up a legitamite fact like the Cowboys finished the season 2-4. That's not a good record. Care you respond to that with something other than injury excuses?

illone

Reaction score
Sonny#9 said:
Its so funny how you evade and come back with emotional responses every time I bring up a legitamite fact like the Cowboys finished the season 2-4. That's not a good record. Care you respond to that with something other than injury excuses?

That's superpunk's modus operandi.

superpunk

Reaction score
Sonny#9 said:
Sensitive aren't we? It's funny how you make an assanine statement and then turn it back on me. You're the one who said the Cowboys will be healthy next season. So, care to back that up?
Are you serious? You think I'm claiming the team will be healthy all year long? Is that what you're telling me Norman?

Hopefully next year your english teacher will focus more on comprehensive reading. All teams are healthy right now, genius. The injuries they had to cope with last year are healing. Good grief. Somehow you can't understand something my 6 year old nephew could comprehend.

Care to make sense? The reasons for the Cowboys finishing poorly have been discussed - couldn't establish the run, couldn't stop the run, showed up small when they should have shown up big, this was an inconsistent team most of the year.

Don't pretend that you know what we've been discussing the past 7 months, Norman.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Are you serious? You think I'm claiming the team will be healthy all year long? Is that what you're telling me Norman?

Hopefully next year your english teacher will focus more on comprehensive reading. All teams are healthy right now, genius. The injuries they had to cope with last year are healing. Good grief. Somehow you can't understand something my 6 year old nephew could comprehend.

Care to make sense? The reasons for the Cowboys finishing poorly have been discussed - couldn't establish the run, couldn't stop the run, showed up small when they should have shown up big, this was an inconsistent team most of the year.

Don't pretend that you know what we've been discussing the past 7 months, Norman.

Considering you're the one that has a fit everytime I post, I think someone has some insecurity issues. And what have they done differently? Brought in a cancer? Brought in someone that can't beat out Rob Pettiti or whatever the hell his name was? That's just funny.

I would be more worried about the Boys showing up small when they should have showed up big...

You still can't run the ball, even with Flo, they Cowboys were averaging about 3.5 YPC.

superpunk

Reaction score
Sonny#9 said:
You still can't run the ball, even with Flo, they Cowboys were averaging about 3.5 YPC.

OK Miss Cleo. I had no idea we were dealing with a fortune teller here.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
superpunk said:
OK Miss Cleo. I had no idea we were dealing with a fortune teller here.

Again, I state a legit fact and you come back with a ******** comment...keep it up, you're the stereotypical Cowboys fan