Top Players on the Cowboys

lk8701

Reaction score
Top 10 in no particular order: Martin, Tyron, Frederick(if fully recovered), LVE, Jaylon, D Law, Byron, Zeke, Amari, and Gregory (if reinstated). I think Awuzie will make a case for the top 10 next season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol. So your starting QB isn’t on your top 10 on the team. These other players are the reason they went to the playoffs and won the division 2 of the last 3 years.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Top 10 in no particular order: Martin, Tyron, Frederick(if fully recovered), LVE, Jaylon, D Law, Byron, Zeke, Amari, and Gregory (if reinstated). I think Awuzie will make a case for the top 10 next season.

You have Gregory as a top 10 player and not the starting QB that has won the division 2 of his 3 years and has never missed a game, while Gregory has missed more games than he’s played and has done very little when he has played? Yeah, no agenda there. LOL

lk8701

Reaction score
You have Gregory as a top 10 player and not the starting QB that has won the division 2 of his 3 years and has never missed a game, while Gregory has missed more games than he’s played and has done very little when he has played? Yeah, no agenda there. LOL

Trent Dilfer wasn't a top 10 player on the 2000 Ravens. The 2000 Ravens won the Super Bowl.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I would put Quinn over Gregory. He legit could be a top 10 player on the team. And he has a better chance of being one than Randy does.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Obviously switch Dak for Gregory. Otherwise the list is good.

Dang, that’s a lot of talent!

Pants

Reaction score
Dak not in the team top 10? This list is dead to me....I am not saying he is #1, but c'mon - you add Gregory who is an "if"? please

Techsass

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer wasn't a top 10 player on the 2000 Ravens. The 2000 Ravens won the Super Bowl.
Trent wasn't why they won ANY of those games. Only 5 of their opponents ever scored more than 10 points. They completely shutout 4 teams.

Now if we can watch our D play at that level, I'll be happy drunk before I ever pop a top.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I'm thinking of this as how I would rate them as an overall player (like Madden) not most valuable:
1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Zack Martin
3. Jaylon Smith
4. Leighton Vander Esch
5. Amari Cooper
6. Dak Prescott
7. Travis Frederick-if healthy
8. Tyron Smith-still very good but on the down slope of his career
9. DeMarcus Lawrence-not as high on him as most Cowboy fans are. Still think he is a very good player.
10. Byron Jones

Not that I put much stock into this show, but I fully expect at least 7 or 8 of these guys to be on the Top 100 list. Maybe more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Obviously switch Dak for Gregory. Otherwise the list is good.

Dang, that’s a lot of talent!

Not enough with Garrett though.

He needs the NFC pro bowl roster and would probably still get outcoached by Belichick.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Good post. Mine in no order...

Martin, Zeke, Cooper, DLaw, JSmith, LVE, Gregory, Byron, Quinn, Dak

Surprised more don’t say Quinn. A. couple years ago he was a beast. He will be much better as a 4-3 lineman. Gregory is questionable but we have to admit when he is on the field he is awesome. 2H of last year he was the best DL man on the team. Absolute game wrecker. Beard should be on the list but need to see him come back. TSmith was pure garbage last season. That guy gets too much of a pass. Awuzie? That guy is very overrated in some quarters. I wish Lewis would get his snaps.

The best player on the team in my opinion is....

Jaylon Smith. A couple years removed from being questionable that guy explodes on the tape. That play on Watson down on the goal line was a rare play. Best play of the season.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I'm thinking of this as how I would rate them as an overall player (like Madden) not most valuable:
1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Zack Martin
3. Jaylon Smith
4. Leighton Vander Esch
5. Amari Cooper
6. Dak Prescott
7. Travis Frederick-if healthy
8. Tyron Smith-still very good but on the down slope of his career
9. DeMarcus Lawrence-not as high on him as most Cowboy fans are. Still think he is a very good player.
10. Byron Jones

Not that I put much stock into this show, but I fully expect at least 7 or 8 of these guys to be on the Top 100 list. Maybe more.
Dak over Fred Tyron and Tank?

:facepalm::huh:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Trent wasn't why they won ANY of those games. Only 5 of their opponents ever scored more than 10 points. They completely shutout 4 teams.

Now if we can watch our D play at that level, I'll be happy drunk before I ever pop a top.

No kidding. We've only had a good defense in 07 and last year since the 90s. Gives us some hope though.