top training camp predictions

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
one on offense, one on defense...mine:

1) Drew Henson will be a vastly improved QB, and there will be rumblings of a QB controversy between him and Bledsoe (since I dont believe Bledsoe will look "sensational" or "excellent"...rather I think he'll look similar to what he has the past two seasons)...I'm not saying I think Henson starts on opening day (and maybe not all yr unless Bledsoe gets hurt) but I think people will BELIEVE he should be the starting QB...Parcells' stubborness will see to it that Henson remains the #2 guy though

2) I think the switch to the 3-4 will be alot smoother than people here believe...a noticeable improvement in the defense will be seen from game one in preseason

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Offense...Lousaka Polite will emerge as the only FB we keep and we will play a lot of 2 TE 1 RB sets. Polite will be more Special Teams and goal line.

Defense...Pete Hunter will play FS and emerge as the starter.

laythewood28

Reaction score
offense-Torrin Tucker improves. starts all season.
defense-Pete Hunter starts free safety.
surprise cuts- Jeff robinson, Billy cundiff,

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I am going to go for the dark horse and everyone's favorite whipping boy, Andre Guorode. I predict he makes the team as a backup center and improves the mental part of his game by being mentored by Marco Rivera.

I think Patrick Crayton has a breakout camp and pushes to be the third wide receiver.

On defense I think Demarcus Ware struggles early in camp, but by the last preseason game, he starts to let his athleticism take over and he begins building on a possible defensive ROY honors.

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
Defense...Pete Hunter will play FS and emerge as the starter

that job goes to Davis or Reese(thats why we signed him) BUT I wouldn't be upset if this happens.

surprise cuts- Jeff robinson,

and who does one replace the best deep snapper in the NFC with???

Time for some REAL predictions:

Defense: Burnett beats out Bradie James or Al singleton, either way he starts.

Offense: Vollers is the new RT.

K-Mart

Reaction score
Offense- Terrance Copper makes a real push for the 3rd WR spot

Defense- Bruce Thornton doesn't make any plays and gets cut. Terrible pick!!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Offense-Vollers looks great and wins the rt job in a landslide.
Defense-Ware looks like the best LB out there, and the minicamp reports of him making big plays continue and he keeps his reputation of being a "special" athlete.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
laythewood28 said:
offense-Torrin Tucker improves. starts all season.
QUOTE]

Good luck. He reported to mini-camp-overweight.

My prediction- Jacob Rogers will come on strong in camp after finally shaking injuries and be our starter.

laythewood28

Reaction score
=dmq Good luck. He reported to mini-camp-overweight.

My prediction- Jacob Rogers will come on strong in camp after finally shaking injuries and be our starter.

how is 315 pounds on a 6'6 frame overweight?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Jay Ratliff becomes the top DE reserve, ahead of Canty, and starts eating playing time away from Greg Ellis.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Hey it was reported at minicamp he was out of shape and overweight. Blame Mickey Spags, not me.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I do not believe Henson will push Bledsoe, just not ready and most likely will never be. I think a few WR will step up, maybe Crowder and Merrit. I am also rooting for Rob Poletti.

followthestar

Reaction score
Poletti? anyway, i know who you mean...

on defense, being a Charlottesville resident, i have to believe Canty will recuperate fully and by midseason will find himself on the field quite often. among a stellar group of DEs on a team sorely lacking in that position for many years, i think Canty will emerge as THE MAN.
on offense i just know in my heart that several players will be stars, but in 2005 the guy whose performance will delight Cowboys fans is none other than Drew Bledsoe. His wealth of experience, his comfort level behind a solid line, with a true running game to depend on, coached by someone who knows his abilities, and driven by a determination to answer his critics - it adds up to a possible Cinderella story of Lombardiesque proportions. i'm not saying this will be a championship team, but i do believe Bledsoe will have a stabilizing and positive influence on our offense, and firmly entrench himself as the starter for 2006 also. best offseason move getting him here...

Mash

Reaction score
Every year I'm too optimistic about the season and our players.....so I'm going to be pessimistic

Henry will struggle with coverage and will look like a clone of Mario Edwards.....Glenn will replace him.

The pass rush is non-existant and Zimmer will stop being aggressive and we will once again be a bend but don't break defence.

Our OL will still struggle and Bleadsoe will be a Vinny clone......the search for a QB will still continue

Parcells will play older players instead of giving the young guys experience because he is too old to lose.

7-9 record and we won't know anything more about Henson then we did when we signed him.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Polite wins the starting FB spot.

Terry Glenn is reported to look "better than ever" on many occasions.

Vollers wins the starting RT spot.

MB3 will be praised for looking like a fluid, exp vet and will win KR duties.

Bledsoe will be a pleasant surprise.

mperfection

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
one on offense, one on defense...mine:

1) Drew Henson will be a vastly improved QB, and there will be rumblings of a QB controversy between him and Bledsoe (since I dont believe Bledsoe will look "sensational" or "excellent"...rather I think he'll look similar to what he has the past two seasons)...I'm not saying I think Henson starts on opening day (and maybe not all yr unless Bledsoe gets hurt) but I think people will BELIEVE he should be the starting QB...Parcells' stubborness will see to it that Henson remains the #2 guy though

2) I think the switch to the 3-4 will be alot smoother than people here believe...a noticeable improvement in the defense will be seen from game one in preseason

David
Totally agreed on 1) David.
I'm hesitant about 2) simply because we need to identify who the 4 linebackers will be. I DON'T think that Demarcus Ware will earn his paycheck playing linebacker full time. Right now he is DE/OLB hybrid, meaning he will eventually earn his paycheck (after adding a few more lbs.) as a pass rushing DE.

Overall, I'm in agreement with you. I'm glad someone finally stepped up put the 3-4 worries to rest (although I prefer the 4-3 with the personnel we currently have).

mperfection

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Offense...Lousaka Polite will emerge as the only FB we keep and we will play a lot of 2 TE 1 RB sets. Polite will be more Special Teams and goal line.

Defense...Pete Hunter will play FS and emerge as the starter.
Agreed...except for the Pete Hunter part. I hope that Ty Law "emerges" as the starter at FS. :cool: