top training camp predictions

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
You're all *****' crazy to think that Pete Hunter will start at FS this season. Ty Law isn't completely out of the question but it's unlikely he'll be here too.

Offense - Julius Jones emerges as the next LaDanian Tomlinson.

Defense - Chris Canty robs Greg Ellis of his job.

Raneiron#31

Reaction score
Roy Williams improves his coverage skills drastically and then misses one tackle so all the sports writers headlines look like this, "Roy catchs but cant tackle anymore." Proving once and for all sportswriters will find anything wrong with great players.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Kalen Thornton plays a much bigger role in our defense then most imagine.

My worst fears at WR come to pass and age catches us with our pants down.

keds

Reaction score
Predictions...

Ware and Spears will struggle with minor injuries... Canty won't have enough conditioning to make any kind of impact. May see some spot duty by the end of the year. Will come on strong in year two.

Burnett, will struggle with his assignments in his first year. Bradie James, sensing the competition will step up and have a much improved year... Shanle will be solid but not spectacular. If there are no significant injuries to LBs in training camp Singleton will get cut to make room for a younger LB prospect.

Reese by default will emerge as the starter at free safety and then by midseason will get replaced as the younger guys improve...

One of our top offensive linemen will have a significant injury forcing Gurode,
Peterman or Rogers to step up...

Right tackle will be slightly improved but will continue to be one of the team's biggest holes until a quality tackle is drafted next season...

Improved talent will result in fewer blowouts. Games with Philadelphia will be much closer.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Kalen Thornton plays a much bigger role in our defense then most imagine.

My worst fears at WR come to pass and age catches us with our pants down.

I was going to write the same thing about Thornton.

But Patrick Crayton will push Morgan for time and eventually become our #3 WR by midseason.

Julius Jones runs for 1400 yards and 12 scores and goes to the Pro Bowl.

Canty and Ellis split time by seasons end. Glover and Spears tie for the lead in team sacks with 10 each.

Jacob Rogers shakes off the injuries during preseason and shows he is Flo's successor at LT.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KDWilliams85 said:
You're all *****' crazy to think that Pete Hunter will start at FS this season. Ty Law isn't completely out of the question but it's unlikely he'll be here too.

Offense - Julius Jones emerges as the next LaDanian Tomlinson.

Defense - Chris Canty robs Greg Ellis of his job.
It's called a "prediction" there Oil Check.

:wink2:

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
T. Newman has a breakout year.

AGREED!!!!

I wouldnt be shocked if Tnew pulls in 5-6 Int's this year.

2nd, Glenn proves he should start over Henry!( I KNOW, I know we payed $9 mil signing bonus. but That doesnt guarantee he will play, I mean if Parcells believes we have a chance to go the distance with Glenn , a former Bill guy,Glenn will play)

3rd, Hunter will find his role, and be a Player. Not saying a starter, not saying a pro bowler. But he iwll find his spot, and get his plays, and we wont hear another word about his attitude

4th, We will all wish we A.Bryant wasnt such a problem when we realize we pretty much traded a walking problem, for a wasted player.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Terence Newman benefits from a much improved pass rush and becomes the cornerback we thought we were getting.

Jacob Rogers wins the starting RT spot in week 5 and never reliquishes it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Muhast said:
AGREED!!!!

I wouldnt be shocked if Tnew pulls in 5-6 Int's this year.

2nd, Glenn proves he should start over Henry!( I KNOW, I know we payed $9 mil signing bonus. but That doesnt guarantee he will play, I mean if Parcells believes we have a chance to go the distance with Glenn , a former Bill guy,Glenn will play)

3rd, Hunter will find his role, and be a Player. Not saying a starter, not saying a pro bowler. But he iwll find his spot, and get his plays, and we wont hear another word about his attitude

4th, We will all wish we A.Bryant wasnt such a problem when we realize we pretty much traded a walking problem, for a wasted player.

I know I'm going to get a rashin of crap over this but honestly, AB is a player that I feel suffered the most from the whole QC thing.

Please do not miss understand. AB had issues when he first came to Dallas. There is no question of that. However, AB had talent. I just can not help but wonder how his situation might have been different if he'd had an opportunity to break into the league with a Vet QB who really understood the Pro game. Really a shame in my view.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
the cowboys will field one of the most dominant ground attacks the league has ever seen and aaron glenn will emerge as the emotional leader of a ball-hawking defense.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Offense: MB3 will come out ahead of A-Train on the RB depth chart.

Defense: Henry will start at Safety and Glenn will start opposite T-New at Corner.

notherbob

Reaction score
I predict the QB kids will pleasantly surprise most people and that the team will be looking pretty good in pre-season for a change. You can bet that they will be working on stopping the run as the first game is against San Deigo and LT. Then they better find a way to rush the passer and defend passes better than last year.

I predict that they will find a positive attitude early and that it will result in a better, more confident team than last year and that it's only going to get better as the year goes on.

I predict that my alarm will go off at 6:00 AM but that I will already be awake.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Offense...Lousaka Polite will emerge as the only FB we keep and we will play a lot of 2 TE 1 RB sets. Polite will be more Special Teams and goal line.

Defense...Pete Hunter will play FS and emerge as the starter.

#1: Agree with all of this Hos, although I think Davis might see considerable time at FS if he is not named the starter. The kid just seems to have a great nose for the ball.

#2: Crayton will push Morgan hard for the #3 WR spot, as Crayton has a good head for the game and has been working on his route running, we know he can make the clutch catches as evidenced in his spot duty last year. Crayton also opens up a few trick plays as well being a former QB. So if Morgan hasnt corrected his stone hands problem he will be the #3 WR going into the season, and may take the spot anyways.

#3: Merritt and Crowder are going to push Copper for the #5 WR spot. If we keep 6 it will be Copper and Merritt/Crowder.

#4: Crayton will work at holding snaps again this year in camp, and will get the job, allowing Bill to use him in possible trick plays with his arm or legs, which will help if there are any botched snaps.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After a horrible practice where he tosses interception after interception Pacells yells at Drew Bledsoe and Bledsoe immediately takes off his jersey and tosses it in the Tuna's face.

Pete Hunter wins the FS position and then announces to the media that he's never going to play cornerback again.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Offense...Lousaka Polite will emerge as the only FB we keep and we will play a lot of 2 TE 1 RB sets. Polite will be more Special Teams and goal line.

Defense...Pete Hunter will play FS and emerge as the starter.

You and your hate for D Barnes...ya know, your obsession is a bit like Nors with Ty Law.

Hey big guy, you know what they say, If you can't stand the heat then don't bother to lead the horse to the wooden nickels.

Yep.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
After a horrible practice where he tosses interception after interception Pacells yells at Drew Bledsoe and Bledsoe immediately takes off his jersey and tosses it in the Tuna's face.

Pete Hunter wins the FS position and then announces to the media that he's never going to play cornerback again.
Will Bledsoe be wearing a sports bra underneath. :)

Short of a catastrophic meltdown, Bledsoe's the man this season (see Parcells/Vinny 2004). I believe that Hunter's on his way out of Dallas. JMO.

My predictions:

Offense: Adams returns to all-pro, 2003, form.
Defense: Henry has a huge year.
Special Teams: McBriar becomes a household name throughout the league.

bfelt

Reaction score
Complete shot-in-the-dark predictions for training camp:

Offense: In 2003, the Cowboys lost 2nd round pick Al Johnson to a season ending injury before the season opener. In 2004, the victim was 3rd round pick Stephen Peterman. 2005 will see 4th rounder Marion Barber III tear his right ACL in the waning minutes of the second preseason game. He will be put on the IR, so Anthony Thomas will assume the backup position, and Tyson Thompson will make the squad as a 3rd RB and kick returner. Sorry, but I'm a cynic, and I like numerical patterns.

Defense: Speaking of 4th rounders lost to season-ending injuries, does anyone remember Bruce Thornton? Coming out of Georgia, the word on Thornton was that he was better suited to safety than cornerback -- that he excelled in zone coverage and had sufficient size. He was a pleasant surprise last year in training camp, as I recall. Some thought he'd beat out Pete Hunter at CB. I don't see Parcells letting a second year fourth rounder go, but it's going to be tough to make the roster as a CB competing with Hunter, Reeves, Frazier, and Jones for the 4th and 5th spots. Could we see Thornton take a spot on the free safety depth chart?

Would I bet money on either of these? Not a chance. However, I thought they might be more interesting than "Julius will get 1500 yards and 15 TDs, and Ware will get 12 sacks."

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense: Henson pushes to start (BP won't do it however)
Defense: Ty Law isn't a Cowboy

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
You and your hate for D Barnes...ya know, your obsession is a bit like Nors with Ty Law.

Hey big guy, you know what they say, If you can't stand the heat then don't bother to lead the horse to the wooden nickels.

Yep.

I thought it was, "If you mess the bull the big gun will shoot"?