top training camp predictions

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
bfelt said:
Complete shot-in-the-dark predictions for training camp:

Offense: In 2003, the Cowboys lost 2nd round pick Al Johnson to a season ending injury before the season opener. In 2004, the victim was 3rd round pick Stephen Peterman. 2005 will see 4th rounder Marion Barber III tear his right ACL in the waning minutes of the second preseason game. He will be put on the IR, so Anthony Thomas will assume the backup position, and Tyson Thompson will make the squad as a 3rd RB and kick returner. Sorry, but I'm a cynic, and I like numerical patterns.

Defense: Speaking of 4th rounders lost to season-ending injuries, does anyone remember Bruce Thornton? Coming out of Georgia, the word on Thornton was that he was better suited to safety than cornerback -- that he excelled in zone coverage and had sufficient size. He was a pleasant surprise last year in training camp, as I recall. Some thought he'd beat out Pete Hunter at CB. I don't see Parcells letting a second year fourth rounder go, but it's going to be tough to make the roster as a CB competing with Hunter, Reeves, Frazier, and Jones for the 4th and 5th spots. Could we see Thornton take a spot on the free safety depth chart?

Would I bet money on either of these? Not a chance. However, I thought they might be more interesting than "Julius will get 1500 yards and 15 TDs, and Ware will get 12 sacks."

I've thought Thornton would be a good FS candidate as well. Too bad there is a log jam of mediocrity there now, I don't know if the numbers game will allow him to move.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Top 10 in no particular order

*Romo beats out Henson again to start season as Backup
*Shanle earns starting LB job
*We will play out of a Base 3-4 Defense
*Spears and Ware start game 1
*We sign a veteran CB two weeks into camp and move him to starting FS
*Crowder gets cut
*Veteran WR is brought in mid camp
*Al s is cut
*Tham is resigned and moved to Fullback, Barnes is cut, Polite PS
*Zimmer well versed in Greek

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dale posts daily updates and pictures on the happenings of camp.

Mentions that Henson throws an interception, Nor calls him a bum and touts Tony Romo as Tom Brady part two, Hos says that's ridiculous, it was one interception. 10 page thread.

Next day, posts a picture of ware running around Rodgers on second team, tagging Henson, HH talks about how wonderful it is to have an aggressive D over a read n react WUSS Zimmy defense.

A picture of Julius is posted, juking out Keith Davis. Winicki gloats that he knew since we drafted him that this was the Next Big Thing, also sparking 6 Ty Law should sign here for a Parcells discount.

Dale informs us that Ratliff gets a sack, everyone here predicts that he will be starting at least by midseason, next year at the latest, and that he was a brilliant pick all along.

I also predict 3-4 bannings over the course of the season, all of them involving a thread that starts as a picture of all three quarterbacks dropping back (though not throwing).

Book it, people.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Reggie Harrell makes a terrific catch, of which Dale gets a picture. Juke's mail box fills with requests for a sig that says "Reggie Harrell - Key Junior." Suddenly Frog fans fill the forum, saying how they knew all along that this guy had a shot.

Anthony Henry has a good day, tells reporters he just wants to thank God for all his talents. Cajun, Brain, Hoov, myself, and a handful of others debate whether Henry is placing his faith in false circles or not. Reality steps in and threatens to give us posting priviledges in the Political Zone ONLY.

CBZ Drinks a lot of DP.

Trickblue's honeymoon stage wears off with his wife, and he returns to us to post fulltime again. He tempers all our emotions, making sure we stay the course of reason. He then creates a new sig that enflames everyone, just to frick with us.

BnA suggests that Henson be cast as 'The Joker' in the next Batman, makes fun of smileys and such. Blindzebra and Dbair begin their responses with :rolleyes: and explain to him that Jack Nicholson was the one and only Joker (ignoring the original series, of course).

Hostile buys a new planner, posts a gif of it so that everyone can see his agenda (because he doesn't hide it).

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
Mentions that Henson throws an interception, Nor calls him a bum and touts Tony Romo as Tom Brady part two, Hos says that's ridiculous, it was one interception. 10 page thread.

Next day, posts a picture of ware running around Rodgers on second team, tagging Henson, HH talks about how wonderful it is to have an aggressive D over a read n react WUSS Zimmy defense.

A picture of Julius is posted, juking out Keith Davis. Winicki gloats that he knew since we drafted him that this was the Next Big Thing, also sparking 6 Ty Law should sign here for a Parcells discount.

Dale informs us that Ratliff gets a sack, everyone here predicts that he will be starting at least by midseason, next year at the latest, and that he was a brilliant pick all along.

I also predict 3-4 bannings over the course of the season, all of them involving a thread that starts as a picture of all three quarterbacks dropping back (though not throwing).

Funny stuff right there....

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Tony Sparano is seen in a picture with Witten blocking Spears. He is yelling something. It is reported that he is just coaching to witten - but there are rumours that he is REALLY yelling at Spears....

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Miki will stop posting as Bledsoe leads team to playoffs!

The 4-3 fence sitting crowd will try and discredit the 3-4 success pressuring QB's and creating turnovers.

In my best Glenn Ordway: "That is not what I said" LTN will get that one!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Miki will stop posting as Bledsoe leads team to playoffs!

The 4-3 fence sitting crowd will try and discredit the 3-4 success pressuring QB's and creating turnovers.

In my best Glenn Ordway: "That is not what I said" LTN will get that one!

Me not post?

You've got to be kidding.

Right, wrong or indifferent Nors. I'll be here.

How about you? :)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Me not post?

You've got to be kidding.

Right, wrong or indifferent Nors. I'll be here.

How about you? :)

If I'm not booted I'll be here!!!!!!
If Law signs here I'm toast!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Reggie Harrell makes a terrific catch, of which Dale gets a picture. Juke's mail box fills with requests for a sig that says "Reggie Harrell - Key Junior." Suddenly Frog fans fill the forum, saying how they knew all along that this guy had a shot.

Anthony Henry has a good day, tells reporters he just wants to thank God for all his talents. Cajun, Brain, Hoov, myself, and a handful of others debate whether Henry is placing his faith in false circles or not. Reality steps in and threatens to give us posting priviledges in the Political Zone ONLY.

CBZ Drinks a lot of DP.

Trickblue's honeymoon stage wears off with his wife, and he returns to us to post fulltime again. He tempers all our emotions, making sure we stay the course of reason. He then creates a new sig that enflames everyone, just to frick with us.

BnA suggests that Henson be cast as 'The Joker' in the next Batman, makes fun of smileys and such. Blindzebra and Dbair begin their responses with :rolleyes: and explain to him that Jack Nicholson was the one and only Joker (ignoring the original series, of course).

Hostile buys a new planner, posts a gif of it so that everyone can see his agenda (because he doesn't hide it).

One correction Nicholson WAS THE ONLY JOKER. Gotta have the bold caps, too.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Offense:

Polite wins FB job and Barnes is cut. Polite still isn't on the field very much as two TE formations and 3 WR formations are the norm.

Vollers wins the RT job.

Peterman plays well enough to be a starting G for most teams but is a reserve behind Allen and Rivera.

Defense:

Roy Williams becomes dominant and leaves no doubt as to who is the best SS in the NFL. Forced fumbles and tackles behind the line of scrimmage occur with regularity for the hard hitting safety.

Keith Davis easily wins the FS job and makes a ton of big plays.

Ellis plays better than expected in the 3-4.

Ware starts getting sacks in bunches from both 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.

Spears plays like a veteran and is our best rookie... but isn't in on a lot of highlight plays. Solid.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
No different than any other day.
2004.05.25.coca-cola.jpg

The real thing.
:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Dale posts daily updates and pictures on the happenings of camp.

Book it, people.

CBZ Drinks a lot of DP.

CR, how much do you charge for this psychoanalysis?

:clap2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
You and your hate for D Barnes...ya know, your obsession is a bit like Nors with Ty Law.

Hey big guy, you know what they say, If you can't stand the heat then don't bother to lead the horse to the wooden nickels.

Yep.

MichaelWinicki said:
I thought it was, "If you mess the bull the big gun will shoot"?
You guys need to pay more attention in class.

I can't achieve Dahli Llama status like this. You're holding me back.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Nors said:
*Tham is resigned and moved to Fullback, Barnes is cut, Polite PS

If Tham is resigned, he'll get trucked by RW in training camp and decide that football requires too much contact and promptly retires. Polite becomes the starter and the lead blocker that we've truely missed for a long time.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You guys need to pay more attention in class.

I can't achieve Dahli Llama status like this. You're holding me back.

Well, Hello Dahli...

:eek:

I couldn't resist.

I'm still in favor of a Hos-isms Zone. Maybe you could change your name to a philosopher-esque, Arishostile.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Offense: Parcells shuffles his O-line to start the five best players and a fully-rehabbed Peterman is in the mix.

Defense: Undersized ILB Keith O'Neil not only makes the team, but continues to assert himself as a special teams ace and becomes a fan favorite with nasty hits and solid backup play.