Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Speady Bullet

a squatty Bullet Bob clone - that's my draft report

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think a lot will depend on how he runs. Right now, I'm not certain that Zemaitis is the highest rated DB prospect in Happy Vally. Depending on who you talk to, it might be Anwar Phillips. Either way, if Zemaitis goes earlier, then that will probably push a player like Huff or Landry down. I would be real happy with either of those guys. Truth be known, I'd rather have Huff.

You must be talking to the wrong people. :D Phillips is no where, no where close to a prospect that Zemaitis is.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Rack said:
You got as thing for Ohio State WRs, LTN? :D

Or is it just the ones that remind you of Terry Glenn?

:cool:
Just coincidence Rack, but I''ve held true to the receiver type of the very first wideout caught my fancy..Lance Alworth.

As for Santonio, something tells me she won't catch Bill's fancy come draft time. ;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
You must be talking to the wrong people. :D Phillips is no where, no where close to a prospect that Zemaitis is.

I don't disagree. As I said earlier, Zemaitis is the guy I'd look at but from what I understand, Phillips is thought of pretty highly by some. It may be because he is quicker but I don't know for sure.

Much will change once the combine comes around.

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I have an opportunity to watch Baskett a lot. I really like him.

Baskett is the man. Someone will get him fairly cheap in the draft.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tricky-22 said:
Baskett is the man. Someone will get him fairly cheap in the draft.

Depends on how he runs but I like him an awful lot.

Trip

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Depends on how he runs but I like him an awful lot.

He looks pretty fast running by all those DB's at the college level. He has a catch of over 30 yards in all but two games, and a catch over 40 in six of them.

If he runs too fast, we might not have a shot at him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Trip said:
He looks pretty fast running by all those DB's at the college level. He has a catch of over 30 yards in all but two games, and a catch over 40 in six of them.

If he runs too fast, we might not have a shot at him.

That's what I'm saying.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
Keep an EYE on CHAD JACKSON from Florida

this guy excels where ever he plays!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MRTRIPOD said:
Keep an EYE on CHAD JACKSON from Florida

this guy excels where ever he plays!
He's played somewhere other than Florida?

lkelly

Reaction score
Robinson probably won't be a good fit at Safety. In his own words, the last time he tackled anyone was in high school. He is an outstanding athlete however.

Alan Zemaitis is a much better player than Anwar Phillips. Z will go no later than early second round. Phillips is more of a 4th or 5th round guy most likely. He could still make an NFL roster as a third CB, though. The best senior defensive prospect on PSU's roster is Tamba Hali. He's as good or better than Erasmus James was last year.

I know this thread is about WRs. Greg Lee, on the original list, should likely be removed. He's having a terrible year and I can't fathom that he'd come out early. He would have been better off transferring after Walt Harris left.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
lkelly said:
Robinson probably won't be a good fit at Safety. In his own words, the last time he tackled anyone was in high school. He is an outstanding athlete however.

Alan Zemaitis is a much better player than Anwar Phillips. Z will go no later than early second round. Phillips is more of a 4th or 5th round guy most likely. He could still make an NFL roster as a third CB, though. The best senior defensive prospect on PSU's roster is Tamba Hali. He's as good or better than Erasmus James was last year.

I know this thread is about WRs. Greg Lee, on the original list, should likely be removed. He's having a terrible year and I can't fathom that he'd come out early. He would have been better off transferring after Walt Harris left.

I don't think Hali's going to pan out in the pros. He's not strong enough to bullrush quality OTs and not quick enough to speed rush them either. Great college player, but something of a product of the system. Penn State has one of the five best secondaries in the country and a top two or three linebacking corps. That really helps a D lineman.

Besides that, judging by James' rookie year so far, I don't think comparing Hali to him is a compliment.

Robinson's going to have to learn how to tackle if he wants to play on Sundays.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I love Travis Wilson from OU, as can be expected, 6' 3" 210+ and has great hands, but Javon Boghnight from Wyoming is the real deal. He will be a steal, IMO. :starspin