TO's response to McNabb comments (BOGUS)

superpunk

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Then tell your side of the story...Without the Children's book reference.

I think it's admitted that McNabb is being just as childish as Owens is perceived to be. People just wish it would stop altogether.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Just curious, have you had opportunity to read what was said in TO's book?

I've read the reviews and it's not pretty to be sure.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I think it's admitted that McNabb is being just as childish as Owens is perceived to be. People just wish it would stop altogether.

Oh Owens is no Saint...It really should be settled on the Field.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Well, to be fair, the first shot was technically fired when TO released the book IMO.

Well to be REALLY fair... the first shot was fired by McNabb when he PURPOSELY looked away from Owens on the field.... for "other" receiving options....
:eek:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's my opinion that Owens can stick it to McNabb and not have it affect his on-field performance. I have not seen that same trait from McChoke.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
I've read the reviews and it's not pretty to be sure.

I honestly don't know how one could be held in lessor regard then the other. The comments in the book are inflamitory and of the same ilk as the response received. Truely, it would be better if they could both just get on with the business of playing football but I can't say that McNabb wasn't responding in kind either.

Hoov

Reaction score
That was a good comeback by TO, funny stuff.

i cant wait for all the rediculousness that is going to come out the week before the first eagles-cowboys game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Like I said to ABQ...He was telling what happened and what he thinks is the truth.

McNabb could have contradicted his story without the Children's book comment.

I think both are acting like little kids. Difference it McNabb is not our problem TO however is. Leave the fricken media alone TO it is going to come back and bite you on the butt and then the rest of us get to hear how this is the media fault. He complains about the media but runs to them to run his stupid mouth.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Well to be REALLY fair... the first shot was fired by McNabb when he PURPOSELY looked away from Owens on the field.... for "other" receiving options....
:eek:

I don't know that you can say that. In all fairness, that's Owens' version of the story. McNabb's, I'm sure, if very different.

That's here nor there IMO. All of that should have been left behind once TO was released and signed IMO.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I honestly don't know how one could be held in lessor regard then the other. The comments in the book are inflamitory and of the same ilk as the response received. Truely, it would be better if they could both just get on with the business of playing football but I can't say that McNabb wasn't responding in kind either.

Like I said...Owens is no Saint and it really should be settled on the field.

But McNabb made his remark and Owens Zinged him back.

We'll see if McNabb responds..

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I think both are acting like little kids. Difference it McNabb is not our problem TO however is. Leave the fricken media alone TO it is going to come back and bite you on the butt and then the rest of us get to hear how this is the media fault. He complains about the media but runs to them to run his stupid mouth.

I've said this before...I wish Owens would just shut up and play football and drop all this other nonsense.

He's in a no win situation every time he opens his mouth...I just wish he wouldn't anymore...But as they say...Snowballs chance in Hell.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
I've said this before...I wish Owens would just shut up and play football and drop all this other nonsense.

He's in a no win situation every time he opens his mouth...I just wish he wouldn't anymore...But as they say...Snowballs chance in Hell.

Evidently that is the case.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Like I said...Owens is no Saint and it really should be settled on the field.

But McNabb made his remark and Owens Zinged him back.

We'll see if McNabb responds..

This is actually not a bad thing. It is happening now and not during the season and thats why its good. Its good PR and marketing. Hopefully they can get this out of the way before the season/game.

DBoys

Reaction score
Hoov said:
That was a good comeback by TO, funny stuff.

i cant wait for all the rediculousness that is going to come out the week before the first eagles-cowboys game.

:signmast:

That response was classic!!!

There is no way McNabb responds to that. He will tuck his tail and avoid it like he always does.

1fisher

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:

Looks like he would learn to keep his big trap shut!!!! We'll have to endure this as long as he's on the team......:bang2:

I still wish we hadn't signed him!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
1fisher said:
Looks like he would learn to keep his big trap shut!!!! We'll have to endure this as long as he's on the team......:bang2:

I still wish we hadn't signed him!

I can overlook it once he catches his first TD.:)

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Just so everyone knows, TO didn't say any of this stuff.

Some dude made it up.

Funny though.

BuzzKiller!...Well he should have said it.:)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TobiasEagle77 said:
Just so everyone knows, TO didn't say any of this stuff.

Some dude made it up.

Funny though.
I was pretty sure it wasn't true. Simply because something as inflammatory as that would've been all over the media outlets.

But it was still a nice slam...

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
...I wish Owens would just shut up and play football and drop all this other nonsense.

It's amazing and ironic to me that we want them to shut up about it but we all have an opinion about every article and sound byte that we see posted on the board every hour on the hour about the situation.

From my viewpoint, TO or Donovan doesn't talk about it unless the interviewer ask them about it. Yesterday, Rich Eisen was interviewing McNabb and he couldn't help himself. Donovan tried to divert the answer and make light of it. It's a never ending battle with the media. Of course TO talked about it on his book tour.

Just watch. These guys are the interviewees not the interviewers. It's called responsible journalism if you ask me. It's called beating a dead horse. It's like Dan Patrick said today ... it's called smoking crack before you post on the message board. Not a good idea.