Toured The Star today

CapnB

Reaction score
Yeah- it could have been worse with Haley- at least he had clothes on. Remember the crazy story about him at Valley Ranch back in the early 90s where he showed up for one of Jimmy’s team meetings totally naked?

Yeah then sat in the meeting room and yanked his cord while it was going on.... slowly . (Shivers)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was a quality experience. Started it off with finding free parking right in front. I couldn't believe it and walked around to look for any type of parking signs.

They gave me $7 back (bought tickets ahead online) since I'm a veteran. Tour guide was good, kind of a combination of funny and cheesy, but did a good job.

Highlights of the tour included our tour coinciding with the players going out to practice. Got to see Tank, Quinn, TFred, and Zeke in the weight room. Kristi Scales stopped by to address the group. Charles Haley interrupted the tour, insulted people (was actually kind of cruel to some people), joked with my daughter, shook my hand. Watched Helman, Broaddus, and a third person doing the Draft Show. Saw Clarence Hill and Bill Jones. I know Babe Laufenberg a little and was hoping to see him, but didn't.

The facility is a lot to take in. You get to see the War Room, the team meeting rooms, the training table, the press room, go inside The Ford Center, etc. When your tour doesn't coincide with practice, you get to go out on the practice field.

I've been to other teams practice facilities and all I could think about is how veteran players who join the Cowboys later in their careers must feel going from that private, closed environment to this.

I was disappointed by the team store, expected more. You can buy Rangers, TCU, UT, Oklahoma, A&M, etc stuff in there as well.
I can't wait to go there. I'm from New England next season without a doubt my wife just retired. I'm glad you're loved it

yimyammer

Reaction score
I've been to other teams practice facilities and all I could think about is how veteran players who join the Cowboys later in their careers must feel going from that private, closed environment to this.

Cant beat he original! I grew up about a 1/4 mile from this facility and we'd hang out with the players after practice, dumpster dive for jerseys, pads, etc. It was a blast, the players were real nice and would talk to us after practice, the picture below is someone I grew up with with Harvey Martin.

iYCQw7k.jpg

LzRmzqL.jpg

NFN48y3.jpg