News: TPI: The Eagles are getting close to trading Carson Wentz, sources say

blueblood70

Reaction score
Chicago is a good spot. Two firsts and Khalil Mack sounds about even to me.

Seriously, what maniac would give that up for Wentz? Keep in mind, the basically got Stafford for a 1st and a 3rd. The other 1st was most likely a payoff to take on Goff's contract.

ironic they will i replace Mitch with Wentz give up assets to get a slightly better qb? how about develop mitch further get him some freaking weapons' that was sad WR crew and umm wheres the run game? they have a defense and complain about the qb and Foles and Mitch struggled, coincidence, no its the offense not all the qb.., the GM might want to check himself into a clinic..

seriously a lot of these Gms are replacing struggling qbs with struggling qbs..makes no sense at ALL..

eagles same thing..umm hard to judge a qb with the ol mess, all wrs always on IR and suspect run game .///odd isnt it..yet they are ready to change because they burned the bridge with wentz.. im not surprised America has become a very Now society in all aspects of life and give up and move on rather then stay in the fight and fix it..its obvious to the real issues and wentz and mitch can be fixed, how about some weapons'..Daks had far more weapons and when helathy had the clear advantage over those two..Goff well that tough one he had weapons' and coaching but i didnt see a big deal and now oft injured aging qb takes his place for bounty? i mean stafford might work out but none of these moves are smart or make much sense exception, they want change but none seem like an upgrade to me..

eagles can develop Hurts and should but can they>?

very odd off season for sure..those that make fun of Jerry need to take look at what these GMs are doing owners as well in fighting with coaches over which qb to start? seems to me Jerry seems like the smarter one the last fw years being cautious with dak and not leveraging all cap and draft capital for parallel moves..

not saying Jerrys perfect but these trades , cuts, moves etc are horrible yet they are happening..

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Eagles are getting close to trading Carson Wentz, sources say. Where might the QB land next?

2YZPOM2FAZGVBCIRCHS3CWBKVA.jpg

Sources close to the situation have told The Inquirer that the firing of Eagles head coach Doug Pederson last month did not allay Wentz s concerns about the organization.

Read Full Story
that link doesnt work circles back to the main page here..fix it lol

Daillest88

Reaction score
Sucks the eagles might get a big return, but they can’t draft for anything

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin, Lamb, two 1sts, a 3rd and a Pro Bowler to be named later.
And that's just for the privilege of discussing a possible trade for Wentz. I am thinking Booger will have to throw his boat in to make the deal. And maybe a weekend in the Boogie Bus.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah and I just read an article that said the Eagles asking price is two 1’s and player. That is absurd. It was on Fanside so taking it for what it is worth.

Wentz is more than good enough. He is your franchise type QB. He will command somewhere around two first round picks whether fans agree with it or not. You add Wentz to a handful of teams and they are instant contenders.

Big D

Reaction score
Wentz is more than good enough. He is your franchise type QB. He will command somewhere around two first round picks whether fans agree with it or not. You add Wentz to a handful of teams and they are instant contenders.
You add Wentz to handful of teams and they begin to have internal problems. Wentzs' teammates do not like him! How do you overlook that fact? Who cares how big and strong he is? His teams performance declines when he's in.

Football is the ultimate team game and Wentz is a bum in Philly who will be a bum at his next destination.

Eddie

Reaction score
The only way they can move Wentz is if the other team is willing to eat his cap hit. That means the Eagles will have to give up premium draft picks ala the Rams in order to move him.

Prossman

Reaction score
Thats just it.
Its easy to make fun of Wentz, but its going to be a regular cry fest around here when the Eagles collect their bounty.
they will have to gut their team either way. they are 60 mill over and they won't break even cap wise in this deal. with their ****** gm they will blow the picks anyway

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The only way they can move Wentz is if the other team is willing to eat his cap hit. That means the Eagles will have to give up premium draft picks ala the Rams in order to move him.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The Eagles may get something in return, but they'll have to send premium assets not named Wentz to the other team is my guess.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

I think if a trade happens within the first few days of FA, Wentz’s contract isn’t too bad for a starting QB. The team picking him up would be on the hook for 4-years, $98M total with $40M guaranteed. The gamble is if Wentz can play well or not.

The Eagles would eat $34M in dead cap money saving roughly $800K since his cap hit is $35M for 2021. There is a $15M payment the third day after FA begins. That is why the Eagles need to do it in a hurry to save $15M. If a team trades for him and picks up that $15M then the amount that team gives up in trade will be less. If the Eagles pay that $15M then they will want more in a trade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You add Wentz to handful of teams and they begin to have internal problems. Wentzs' teammates do not like him! How do you overlook that fact? Who cares how big and strong he is? His teams performance declines when he's in.

Football is the ultimate team game and Wentz is a bum in Philly who will be a bum at his next destination.

That is a somewhat of a red flag, but probably exaggerated. Probably could use a change of scenery. Truth is the players around Wentz sucked, so im not sure what they were all complaining about.

They didnt like Wentz and they didnt like Pederson. Seems like losing just makes bad players cry.

Verdict

Reaction score
With that contract it would seem like Philly would have to cut him. That’s NOT a good deal for the team acquiring him.

Flamma

Reaction score
ironic they will i replace Mitch with Wentz give up assets to get a slightly better qb? how about develop mitch further get him some freaking weapons' that was sad WR crew and umm wheres the run game? they have a defense and complain about the qb and Foles and Mitch struggled, coincidence, no its the offense not all the qb.., the GM might want to check himself into a clinic..

seriously a lot of these Gms are replacing struggling qbs with struggling qbs..makes no sense at ALL..

eagles same thing..umm hard to judge a qb with the ol mess, all wrs always on IR and suspect run game .///odd isnt it..yet they are ready to change because they burned the bridge with wentz.. im not surprised America has become a very Now society in all aspects of life and give up and move on rather then stay in the fight and fix it..its obvious to the real issues and wentz and mitch can be fixed, how about some weapons'..Daks had far more weapons and when helathy had the clear advantage over those two..Goff well that tough one he had weapons' and coaching but i didnt see a big deal and now oft injured aging qb takes his place for bounty? i mean stafford might work out but none of these moves are smart or make much sense exception, they want change but none seem like an upgrade to me..

eagles can develop Hurts and should but can they>?

very odd off season for sure..those that make fun of Jerry need to take look at what these GMs are doing owners as well in fighting with coaches over which qb to start? seems to me Jerry seems like the smarter one the last fw years being cautious with dak and not leveraging all cap and draft capital for parallel moves..

not saying Jerrys perfect but these trades , cuts, moves etc are horrible yet they are happening..

Yeah every QB needs some weapons around him. I can't remember the last time the Bears offensive personnel stood out.

I do agree on Jerry. I've actually said it recently. Blame Jerry for whatever you want, but he's not that bad at the GM aspect in the last decade. When it comes to FA, contracts, the draft, or player personnel he's not even close to terrible. If anything you could call him too conservative. He sucks at finding good coaches. But that's the owner part of the game.

Redline360

Reaction score
A change of scenery would be perfect for Wentz. Like it or not he lead the Eagles into the post season and was playing at an mvp level before his injuries and has accomplished way more then Dak and co has ever done thus far.

Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying hes better then Dak however the Eagles turned into a **** show and everyone was pointing fingers each and every way. Plus throw in the fact he had little to no offensive weapons.

I think if he goes to a competent team he could return to being a solid starter.

JBS

Reaction score
The amount of excuses people in here make for Wentz is laughable.

The guy sucks. Period.

Big D

Reaction score

The guy sucks. Period.
:hammer:. If they looked at him the same way they look at Dak it would change everything.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

The guy sucks. Period.
If Wentz were to go to the right situation, give the man some capable receiving options, I bet he can be highly dynamic in the right offense.
Just a laymans observation is all.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The Eagles are getting close to trading Carson Wentz, sources say. Where might the QB land next?

2YZPOM2FAZGVBCIRCHS3CWBKVA.jpg

Sources close to the situation have told The Inquirer that the firing of Eagles head coach Doug Pederson last month did not allay Wentz s concerns about the organization.

Read Full Story
Wentz to join Frank Reich in Indy.

Big D

Reaction score
A change of scenery would be perfect for Wentz. Like it or not he lead the Eagles into the post season and was playing at an mvp level before his injuries and has accomplished way more then Dak and co has ever done thus far.

Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying hes better then Dak however the Eagles turned into a **** show and everyone was pointing fingers each and every way. Plus throw in the fact he had little to no offensive weapons.

I think if he goes to a competent team he could return to being a solid starter.

If you mean riding the pine on a superbowl team only to have that same team completely destroyed upon his return then yeah, Wentz has in fact done way more.