Trade candidates I like to see the Cowboys acquire

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Three positions the Cowboys should be targeting, in no particular order:

CB, LB, RB, TE

Jaylon Johnson CB Chicago-l believe last yr of his deal, is he a core player or will they deal him? Cost probably would be a day 2 pick.

D'Onta Foreman RB Chicago-a power back that will be much cheaper then acquiring Derrick Henry.

Josey Jewel LB Denver-has always been a real good 2 down linebacker that excels at stopping the run.

Zach Ertz TE Arizona-definitely has lost a step, but would help our red zone offense and bring veteran leadership to our young positional group.

Mr_437

Reaction score

CB, LB, RB, TE

Jaylon Johnson CB Chicago-l believe last yr of his deal, is he a core player or will they deal him? Cost probably would be a day 2 pick.

D'Onta Foreman RB Chicago-a power back that will be much cheaper then acquiring Derrick Henry.

Josey Jewel LB Denver-has always been a real good 2 down linebacker that excels at stopping the run.

Zach Ertz TE Arizona-definitely has lost a step, but would help our red zone offense and bring veteran leadership to our young positional group.
I have questions about the fit for all these guys, no shade.

1. Johnson is a decent CB, but I would be hesitant to give up draft capital for a rental.

2. Foreman may be less of an option, as the Bears need him to play for them because the injury bug is all over their RB position.

3. Is Jewell better than Evans to the point of sending DEN draft picks?

4. Is grabbing Ertz more beneficial than developing the 2 young TEs?

Foreman would be a good RB to get, and I think Dallas does need a CB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have questions about the fit for all these guys, no shade.

1. Johnson is a decent CB, but I would be hesitant to give up draft capital for a rental.

2. Foreman may be less of an option, as the Bears need him to play for them because the injury bug is all over their RB position.

3. Is Jewell better than Evans to the point of sending DEN draft picks?

4. Is grabbing Ertz more beneficial than developing the 2 young TEs?

Foreman would be a good RB to get, and I think Dallas does need a CB.
-Corners are in high demand, many teams don't have enough. Johnson is a resign candidate, depending on price. Team is going to need another starting corner next season with both Gilmore/Lewis becoming fa's. Team is one injury away from disaster at the position.

-Believe adding a RB might be the team's biggest need at the moment. Run game is terrible, Pollard already looks beat up and they are struggling in short yardage situations. Foreman cost would be a late day 3 pick, which is worth it.

-With the emergence of Bell and the addition of Evans, the need to lessoned. Jewell is a proven run defender, but might be more of a luxury.

-Do believe Ertz helps the TE group more then he stops their development. He can actually speed up their development learning from such a player.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The first 2 positions you listed the Cowboys have Diggs and Overshown coming back next year. So you want to spend a draft pick for a one year rental? And they just spend a 2nd on a TE 6 months ago.
They probably are going to have to draft a high corner next yr anyway as both Gilmore/Lewis are fa's.

shabazz

Reaction score
The first 2 positions you listed the Cowboys have Diggs and Overshown coming back next year. So you want to spend a draft pick for a one year rental? And they just spend a 2nd on a TE 6 months ago.
That’s a fair point. However, I would trade a pick to get Davante Adams for a 1 year rental though.

It would have to be for an impact player that would immediately help our anemic offense

baltcowboy

Reaction score

CB, LB, RB, TE

None of the guys you are suggesting would get on the field unless we had another injury. You really don’t like Bland for some reason and I don’t understand why.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
None of the guys you are suggesting would get on the field unless we had another injury. You really don’t like Bland for some reason and I don’t understand why.
Think Bland is a much better slot corner and don't trust Lewis at all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wright can come off of IR soon. Are any CB's better than him worth giving up a draft pick for?
I know everyone is down on Wright. But as I asked, anyone better than he is, or has more potential.

Dows Wright have any trade value, to use him in a swap.

Don't forget they got the CB from the dolphins in a trade as well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
-Corners are in high demand, many teams don't have enough. Johnson is a resign candidate, depending on price. Team is going to need another starting corner next season with both Gilmore/Lewis becoming fa's. Team is one injury away from disaster at the position.

-Believe adding a RB might be the team's biggest need at the moment. Run game is terrible, Pollard already looks beat up and they are struggling in short yardage situations. Foreman cost would be a late day 3 pick, which is worth it.

-With the emergence of Bell and the addition of Evans, the need to lessoned. Jewell is a proven run defender, but might be more of a luxury.

-Do believe Ertz helps the TE group more then he stops their development. He can actually speed up their development learning from such a player.
Plus you have Gilmore and Lewis's contracts falling off and Bland on a rookie deal for 2 years. Extending Johnson is very doable.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Johnson is better than every healthy CB we have now expect maybe Bland

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Think Bland is a much better slot corner and don't trust Lewis at all.
Ok. I see now. Lewis is small and it looked like KM was targeting him. He played well against San Francisco but I like him as a fourth corner/dime. I just don’t know if Quinn will utilize Johnson correctly.

blueblood70

Reaction score

CB, LB, RB, TE

Dude we just brought up rashawn Evans... We pretty much got that covered now and with guys coming back off injury and stuff for next year as well as lets let clkark develop and Jefferson gets some time..

TE- NO; progress stopper that's all I got to say... These guys will develop they are good enough they will eventually the light will turn on... Show me Dalton Schultz 's first two years and I'll show you the same types of progress in furgeson.....

So that leaves running back and I agree maybe we do need a veteran presence with a little bit of power... We are going into the buy pretty healthy and I believe with Evans coming up in a bye week to reset we will be fine rolling with ur group plus the PS guys,.

I don't know how many times I've got to say this but this year started out crazy with situational football with all the giant leads four games on the road some of the injuries in the weird circumstances it created a lot of weird situational football especially with this new offense it needs some time... So the tight ends will get better after we get to see the 17 games so that way the sample size is in full effect

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Plus you have Gilmore and Lewis's contracts falling off and Bland on a rookie deal for 2 years. Extending Johnson is very doable.
They are going to either have to sign a veteran starter or use a high draft pick anyway.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ok. I see now. Lewis is small and it looked like KM was targeting him. He played well against San Francisco but I like him as a fourth corner/dime. I just don’t know if Quinn will utilize Johnson correctly.
Just remember we are 1 injury away from disaster, with one corner being 34 years old.