Trade candidates I like to see the Cowboys acquire

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The first 2 positions you listed the Cowboys have Diggs and Overshown coming back next year. So you want to spend a draft pick for a one year rental? And they just spend a 2nd on a TE 6 months ago.
Disagree. Overshown has yet to prove he can stay healthy or excel in a regular NFL game. Wouldn’t bank on anything. Consider all the other prospects that fans thought would show. CB.. Gilmore is a FA next year so it doesn’t hurt. But I’m also assuming the OP doesn’t want to give up high draft picks in all of these.

KDM256

Reaction score
Front office needs to go get Derrick Henry and make this backfield respectable again. Last year in his contract and doesn't cost arm & leg to make the numbers work. Pair him with Pollard or get rid of Pollard's tag and give it too Henry, I don't care but King Henry needs to be on this team which he should have been since day 1.

Carson

Reaction score
Wright can come off of IR soon. Are any CB's better than him worth giving up a draft pick for?
I know everyone is down on Wright. But as I asked, anyone better than he is, or has more potential.

Dows Wright have any trade value, to use him in a swap.

Don't forget they got the CB from the dolphins in a trade as well.
Wright was put on the 53 already

Majic

Reaction score
Three positions the Cowboys should be targeting, in no particular order:

CB, LB, RB, TE

Jaylon Johnson CB Chicago-l believe last yr of his deal, is he a core player or will they deal him? Cost probably would be a day 2 pick.

D'Onta Foreman RB Chicago-a power back that will be much cheaper then acquiring Derrick Henry.

Josey Jewel LB Denver-has always been a real good 2 down linebacker that excels at stopping the run.

Zach Ertz TE Arizona-definitely has lost a step, but would help our red zone offense and bring veteran leadership to our young positional group.
Foreman is a good shout.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
-Corners are in high demand, many teams don't have enough. Johnson is a resign candidate, depending on price. Team is going to need another starting corner next season with both Gilmore/Lewis becoming fa's. Team is one injury away from disaster at the position.

-Believe adding a RB might be the team's biggest need at the moment. Run game is terrible, Pollard already looks beat up and they are struggling in short yardage situations. Foreman cost would be a late day 3 pick, which is worth it.

-With the emergence of Bell and the addition of Evans, the need to lessoned. Jewell is a proven run defender, but might be more of a luxury.

-Do believe Ertz helps the TE group more then he stops their development. He can actually speed up their development learning from such a player.
i 2nd all these statements Good job.

Praxit

Reaction score
That’s a fair point. However, I would trade a pick to get Davante Adams for a 1 year rental though.

It would have to be for an impact player that would immediately help our anemic offense
..sounds good, just hoping he's not a Diva type. One's that create locker room hostility.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I follow TTU and didn't really know alot about Overshown when he was drafted. Is he a power LB that lays the wood or is he more of a speedy, cover LB?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Three positions the Cowboys should be targeting, in no particular order:

CB, LB, RB, TE

Jaylon Johnson CB Chicago-l believe last yr of his deal, is he a core player or will they deal him? Cost probably would be a day 2 pick.

D'Onta Foreman RB Chicago-a power back that will be much cheaper then acquiring Derrick Henry.

Josey Jewel LB Denver-has always been a real good 2 down linebacker that excels at stopping the run.

Zach Ertz TE Arizona-definitely has lost a step, but would help our red zone offense and bring veteran leadership to our young positional group.
Sounds like good, and doable targets.
I hope we make some moves.
The Haskins trade last year really helped out for cheap.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Sounds like good, and doable targets.
I hope we make some moves.
The Haskins trade last year really helped out for cheap.
Good point on Hankins. There is cheap good help available if you’re seriously in the market. Would be highly disappointed if the Jones Boys didn’t try and improve at least one team deficiency.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Let’s trade Sam Williams instead of picks. Or Sam Williams and have it be a much lower pick. Trade Sam Williams for Foreman.
Hell no. Sam Williams for Foreman? Are you crazy?
Personally, I wouldn't give a 7th rounder for him and I'm not sure I'd even play him over Dowdle if he was on the team (although that is obviously arguable). Foreman is the type of guy you can sign off the street every year for the vet minimum. Sam Williams is not.

GMO415

Reaction score
Since you want to live in fantasy land, I'll take Tom Brady and Dorsett n their prime

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the idea of adding Derrick Henry but he won’t come super cheap and has a big contract. I would prefer someone a little younger that could be more than a rental.

The other thing to keep in mind- if this coaching staff doesn’t address and improve the blocking schemes we could add Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and Jim Brown in their prime and not be appreciably better.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Ok. I see now. Lewis is small and it looked like KM was targeting him. He played well against San Francisco but I like him as a fourth corner/dime. I just don’t know if Quinn will utilize Johnson correctly.
What are you basing this on and more importantly what do you mean by this? I'm not saying it is, but it sounds like just making something up.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Overshown is hardly so good that we can consider the position locked down. He was an ok college player projected to the nfl based on his measurables. If we hadn’t taken him in round 3, he could have easily slipped to round 4.
Totally agree. It's funny how good he got by getting hurt and never playing in a real game. I love the potential and have high hopes for him, but the guy may never be a regular in this league for all we know. We have no idea what he is right now.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What are you basing this on and more importantly what do you mean by this? I'm not saying it is, but it sounds like just making something up.
Making stuff up? :facepalm: :huh:It’s an opinion.

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Regarding CB they have the new guy and wright coming back. They won't spend a pick high enough to obtain better.