Trade Chaz green for a 3rd or 4th rounder

glimmerman

Reaction score
Seriously i hope he will come back. Despite of his injury troubles i think he is a very good backup guard.
Likely why he has not been cut. Was just a shame the staff left him out there with no help. Maybe the new O-Line coach will do something.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I dont think any top brass were sleep during the Falcons game, even Rip Van Wrinkle has knowledge of that game and no way you get a 3rd or 4th for him from him either.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Here's the deal, Chaz is a fine practice/scrimmage player. He's comfortable going against our guys because of familiarity and comfort zone.
He just sucks during game day.

So in practice, he prolly gets decent grades and will make the team.

Reaction score
Some of these thread titles are awesome.

Chaz Green isn't worth a bag of tees, let alone a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Hopefully, he never sees the field again as a Cowboy, at least in games that count.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the deal, Chaz is a fine practice/scrimmage player. He's comfortable going against our guys because of familiarity and comfort zone.
He just sucks during game day.

So in practice, he prolly gets decent grades and will make the team.

People forget this, but he actually played well in 2016, including a couple of starts. Obviously the Atlanta game was disaster last year, but fans like to claim they had foresight that Green would be a disaster when it is actually hindsight they are relying on. His performance in 2016 suggested he was a very solid backup.

As for what this means for 2018 is anyone's guess. The Cowboys have to decide if the Atlanta game was an anomaly, although that's going to be hard because of how horribly bad it was, or if he is really the player he showed in 2016. If Green were to make the team, the good news is that Flemming will be the first option off the bench if needed at OT, and Green would only be an emergency in case 2 OTs got hurt.

menolian

Reaction score
Actually if you watched any Seattle games last year, Chaz would actually be an upgrade over any of their linemen. The only difference is that Russell Wilson immediately started running for his life every passing play knowing that they were trash. They would be lucky to get Chaz for only Earl Thomas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Because he's been on the team for 3 years, has had camps and games to show what he's got. Or doesn't. It's not like he's never been on the filed or gotten coaching.

And as far as Alexander goes, the prior line coach coached Frederick and Martin, he didn't ruin them or keep them from being Pro Bowlers, so he had to have coaching skills.

Some guys just aren't NFL caliber, you can't keep them around based on hope and "potential"...

It isn't based on hope or potential. You keep him around based on 2016. He stepped in for Doug Free that year and the offense didn't miss a beat. He stepped in for Tyron Smith that year and the offense didn't miss a beat.

If he wasn't NFL caliber, he would have failed in those opportunities like other poor tackles we've had in the past. For some reason, he did fail this past season. We need to find out which player he is.

I don't understand why some of you ignore his play in 2016 instead of looking at the complete picture. If he can't refind that form, then we don't need to keep him because he won't be able to help us even if there is an injury. If a new coach helps him to regain it, then he's good, cheap depth when he's healthy.

I'm for letting it play out. We're not going to get much (probably not anything) for him right now based on how he played last year because he has to prove that's not who he is. Luckily, the team understands you need more than one capable backup and is letting its line coach figure out if Green can be one of those players again.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t see any team putting their QB in the line of fire after that Atlanta game. Clayborn is just a guy and he was made to look like Decon Jones that day.

Praxit

Reaction score
Whatever we can get. I think we have enough linemen that he is expendable. I don't think he was ever worth that draft pick in the 3rd and hopefully we can get fair compensation for him?
...................what...! Green is still here..?? :facepalm: He should have been one of the first on trading block.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Whatever we can get. I think we have enough linemen that he is expendable. I don't think he was ever worth that draft pick in the 3rd and hopefully we can get fair compensation for him?

Should have played alright last season we’d have a chance to this point nobody would even offer the last pick in the draft lmao.