Trade Dalton Schultz

31RoyW31

Reaction score
We’re winning games and fans want to trade starting players. :rolleyes: Regardless of what you think of Dalton Schultz he’s going to be needed going forward this season. We can’t just leave ourselves with inexperienced players at a key position heading into November and December.

The Cowboys with Dak or Cooper need to be able to run the ball well to beat good teams. Schultz is a huge liability in the run game.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Good lord. 1 game back after an injury
He has always been a terrible blocker. We got spoiled by the rookies while he was out a couple of games. I agree on trading him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He is good if we run 13 personnel. The other 2 block and he is more of a receiver then. And we can run it then also..

Bing

Reaction score
I would trade Schultz to some team looking for a pass catching TE. Schultz doesn't block well enough to play TE in the NFL. I've never seen a TE than can't block as well as a slot WR, but I'd rather have CeeDee blocking than Schultz.

Now that the Cowboys have a few nice rookie options that can block much better and still provide an option in the passing game, I'd attempt to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Schultz.

Schultz is playing on the franchise tag, he is not going anywhere this season. At the end of the season he walks and I hope he walks along ways away.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys with Dak or Cooper need to be able to run the ball well to beat good teams. Schultz is a huge liability in the run game.

He’s a liability in the run game but he’s also a very good pass receiving TE which we need. Pass receiving TEs are coveted which is why the Cowboys franchised Schultz. He’s been a good security blanket for Dak and he moves the chains. The lack of an explosive passing game is keeping us from scoring TDs and having to settle for FGs. We can’t just move on from all our good receivers. Most of our points are coming from our kicker. We’re going to start dropping games if we continue to have drives bog down and have to settle for FG attempts. Dalton Schultz scored 8 TDs last season which led the team. Just because our offense hasn’t been as good this season you can’t just blame him and go with rookies. You want to trade Schultz to a team that needs a pass receiving TE which would leave the Cowboys needing a pass receiving TE. Lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would trade Schultz to some team looking for a pass catching TE. Schultz doesn't block well enough to play TE in the NFL. I've never seen a TE than can't block as well as a slot WR, but I'd rather have CeeDee blocking than Schultz.

Now that the Cowboys have a few nice rookie options that can block much better and still provide an option in the passing game, I'd attempt to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Schultz.
to who for what???

32BellyOption

Reaction score

His trade value probably isn’t very high right now. I doubt we’d get a 3rd or 4th. May as well keep him for depth and take the comp pick we get when he signs elsewhere.

Toro9

Reaction score

Or just keep him and let him sign with another team in the off-season and get a compensatory fifth in 2024.

I plead the fif.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

What do you expect to get for the trade

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
4 games in and these jag tes have zero tds.

All the 12 million dollar Schultz fans have crawled under a rock. Lol.

This 4 td a year te core led offense can't beat a real contender.

I told ya Schultz was just a jag and not worth all that money.

rambo2

Reaction score

They aren't trading Schultz. If they don't resign him, they will get the draft pick for him signing with another team.

RandyOh

Reaction score
no ones offering anything of value for him right now. Showcase him the rest of the season and hope some team with big cap space over pays and nets us a decent comp pick.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If you haven't noticed, McCarthy is trying to win this year.

Having a stable of TE's who can help the offense is key to his game plan.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Wow people have really turned on him. It was a love fest around here not long ago.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I'd settle for a conditional 7th round pick in the 2032 draft. But no one will bite. Once Dallas got Ferguson and Hendershot, Schultz is odd man out. His only hope is for Dak to come back since he seems to be his favorite target. Which is not a good thing. I seen better block attempts from MM at the buffet table.

bewp7

Reaction score
just so happy they did not sign him to a big long deal

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'd settle for a conditional 7th round pick in the 2032 draft. But no one will bite. Once Dallas got Ferguson and Hendershot, Schultz is odd man out. His only hope is for Dak to come back since he seems to be his favorite target. Which is not a good thing. I seen better block attempts from MM at the buffet table.
Or he could really put in some work on his blocking skills. Right now he is a big liability in the run game.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Make that 5 games w no tds.

When do we play Philly again

Ha ha ha

Where's all the 3 million dollar oj Howard haters at? He's got 2 tds and our scrub TE core has NONE. Lol