Trade Dalton Schultz

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The cowboys front office is terrible at gettng back anything of value when trading a player away. Better to just utilize schultz to his strength and that is catching passes when dak comes back. They are thin at pass catcher anyway and these young guys are not consistent. More value in keeping him.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I would trade Schultz to some team looking for a pass catching TE. Schultz doesn't block well enough to play TE in the NFL.

Just read what you wrote a few times, then also account for the fact that he is currently being paid 5 TE money, along with being hurt. Zero is what you would get.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
The cowboys front office is terrible at gettng back anything of value when trading a player away. Better to just utilize schultz to his strength and that is catching passes when dak comes back. They are thin at pass catcher anyway and these young guys are not consistent. More value in keeping him.
Fans are terrible with their trade suggestions that make absolutely no sense at all. They need all of the tight ends that are on the roster and they aren't trading.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If the Cowboys don’t show interest in meeting Schultz’s extension demands or signal they plan to franchise-tag him again in 2023, he could force his way out by requesting a trade.

Carson

Reaction score
If the Cowboys don’t show interest in meeting Schultz’s extension demands or signal they plan to franchise-tag him again in 2023, he could force his way out by requesting a trade.
You likely get higher compensation via a comp pick IMO

I only trade him if he nets me a guy like Roquan Smith … it won’t. So I just take the comp pick lol

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I don’t think this is a terrible idea if the return is good; but Dak does have a good report with Schultz and will need him when he returns

jrumann59

Reaction score
It's funny they drafted him as a blocking TE. Now all of a sudden he can't block.
He was drafted, and they saw he was willing to block as a rookie and OK at it and made him the blocking TE. We had true blocking TEs on this team but they want pass catching to be big part of the TE game hence the love for Jarwin, Schultz, now Fergie and Hendershot. Fergie and Hendershot are Schultz clones. I am glad they only will pay Schultz for this year, Fergie and Hendershot can give you what Schultz gives and cheaper.

mmohican29

Reaction score
The only tradeable people on this team are as follows:

-Parsons
-Zach Martin
-Tony Pollard
-MAYBE Trevon Diggs

That is all. Rest of this team is fools gold at best.

This is a terrible take.

Noone can use any of our other defenders? It's a top 3 unit in the NFL.

Brown, Barr, Kearse, Hooker, Armstrong, Lawrence, Osa, Wilson...

Fools Gold? These are proving to be nice pieces. Can't have All Pros in every spot dude.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The only tradeable people on this team are as follows:

-Parsons
-Zach Martin
-Tony Pollard
-MAYBE Trevon Diggs

That is all. Rest of this team is fools gold at best.
LOL.

I am as jaded a fan as there is and this is the most ridiculous comment I have seen to date.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would trade Schultz to some team looking for a pass catching TE. Schultz doesn't block well enough to play TE in the NFL. I've never seen a TE than can't block as well as a slot WR, but I'd rather have CeeDee blocking than Schultz.

Now that the Cowboys have a few nice rookie options that can block much better and still provide an option in the passing game, I'd attempt to get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Schultz.
Why would anyone trade for a franchised TE knowing he will be a free agent this summer?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Nobody is looking at Schulz outside of Dallas. We gave him a tag but he's far from a top tier TE. Might get a conditional 6th for him.
Before we tagged him, there were lots of teams looking at him. He will not struggle to get a nice payday.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Keep him the rest of the season. Then let him sign elsewhere and get the comp pick.

Yep.

He’s also injured too so his value wouldn’t be as high as it would be. Teams trading in the middle of the season are generally looking for immediate help.