Trade Deadline Approaching. Will Dallas make a move

Sandyf

Reaction score
Seeing the possibility of our defense slowly going a bit stagnant with injuries like Goodwin and Vander Esch, could we be in the market for a couple of players.

What about Brian Burns OLB from Carolina, great player but going to have to probably pick up his 5th year option. Say we trade a 3rd and Michael Gallup WR for him and possibly a safety (you pick). He would be an asset to the defense allowing Parsons to still be more of a DE. He also is a long term solution especially with Vander Esch neck problems and with Overshine coming back next year, gives us a very good LB corp.

Also, what about Chase Young DE from Washington. He is a free agent at the end of the year and seems to finally found out how to play. Washington isn't going to resign him especially since Sweat is going to get the big contract. Say a trade of Armstrong DE, Hendershot TE, and probably a 2nd round pick (although I would make it a 3rd in 2025 based on Young production and if we can resign him). If Young keeps producing like he has then he really helps the defensive line and long term a replacement for DLaw who probably is gone after the year.

This still gives us our 1st who we should use on an OL at OT or OG.

Just trying to find ways to make the team better.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We could not make enough trades to make us contenders, and will not make any significant trades with our issue of a certain large cap hit for our QB next season

Creeper

Reaction score
I doubt Washington will trade Chase Young to a division rival. Burns would be an interesting player to get in a trade. I saw something about Danielle Hunter being available from Minnesota. He would be a good guy to get as an edge rusher, and he is having a decent year. I think he has 6 sacks already.

People haven't talked much about it but has Dorance Armstrong been a disappointment lately?

ShortRound

Reaction score
geF9l2d.jpg

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope not. We need to be sellers not buyers. This team need to be stockpiling picks to have any chance of closing the talent gap with SF.
I am ok with that. They don't have many picks next year at this point as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt Washington will trade Chase Young to a division rival. Burns would be an interesting player to get in a trade. I saw something about Danielle Hunter being available from Minnesota. He would be a good guy to get as an edge rusher, and he is having a decent year. I think he has 6 sacks already.

People haven't talked much about it but has Dorance Armstrong been a disappointment lately?
Why trade for Young. Washington declined to pick up his 5th year option. When you could get him in 2024 as a FA, possibly.
Why waste a draft pick only for him to be a FA. He is not that difference maker to take us to the SB.
Yes he may help the defense, but we need to be better on offense. We need a big WR as an end zone threat.

Creeper

Reaction score
Why trade for Young. Washington declined to pick up his 5th year option. When you could get him in 2024 as a FA, possibly.
Why waste a draft pick only for him to be a FA. He is not that difference maker to take us to the SB.
Yes he may help the defense, but we need to be better on offense. We need a big WR as an end zone threat.
You trade for him knowing he will only be here for the rest of this season. As a free agent he will be too expensive for Dallas.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You trade for him knowing he will only be here for the rest of this season. As a free agent he will be too expensive for Dallas.
Washington will want too much, I rather keep the draft picks. As I posted, is he that difference make to throw away a draft pick. Though if not signed to a new deal, we would get a comp pick. But not as high as what Washington may want in a trade.

I would not mind giving him a chance here, but not at a high price.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We already traded away a couple of picks. Other than a player swap I don’t see us making any more trades. We need to hang onto our draft picks for next April. We’re going to need them. It certainly would’ve helped if our first and second round picks were making an impact, but they’re not. Losing Overshown who was showing such great promise in training camp really hurt us and of course losing Diggs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hope not. We need to be sellers not buyers. This team need to be stockpiling picks to have any chance of closing the talent gap with SF.
The gap between the Cowboys and 49ers is a lot deeper than just talent. We’re simply not physical enough to compete with them and not coached well enough. We’re also not getting the QB play they’re getting. Stockpiling draft picks isn’t going to close the gap if we don’t make those picks count. Our first two picks this past April have been busts. We have a sixth round pick who’s been nothing but a wasted roster spot. We have an offense that isn’t working.