Trade Deadline Approaching. Will Dallas make a move

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cedric Wilson is a guy the Cowboys can go after to add a taller WR, on a cheap deal for low risk compensation (6th rounder or some type of swap). The Cowboys already made a trade with Dolphins recently, so go back and get Ced.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we lose Monday perhaps we become sellers. Not sure I’d be opposed. I’d let the league know we’re open for business and the entire roster is open for discussion. You can’t win a SB without a franchise QB and we clearly don’t have one. May as well stockpile picks.
jerry has never been a "Seller" when it comes to the team roster... he doesnt believe in it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Seeing the possibility of our defense slowly going a bit stagnant with injuries like Goodwin and Vander Esch, could we be in the market for a couple of players.

What about Brian Burns OLB from Carolina, great player but going to have to probably pick up his 5th year option. Say we trade a 3rd and Michael Gallup WR for him and possibly a safety (you pick). He would be an asset to the defense allowing Parsons to still be more of a DE. He also is a long term solution especially with Vander Esch neck problems and with Overshine coming back next year, gives us a very good LB corp.

Also, what about Chase Young DE from Washington. He is a free agent at the end of the year and seems to finally found out how to play. Washington isn't going to resign him especially since Sweat is going to get the big contract. Say a trade of Armstrong DE, Hendershot TE, and probably a 2nd round pick (although I would make it a 3rd in 2025 based on Young production and if we can resign him). If Young keeps producing like he has then he really helps the defensive line and long term a replacement for DLaw who probably is gone after the year.

This still gives us our 1st who we should use on an OL at OT or OG.

Just trying to find ways to make the team better.
Trade Jerry and a first rounder to the deadskins for their waterboy.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Potential targets I would be interested in that are realistic.

Tyler Allgeier [RB: Falcons]

Mecole Hardman [WR: Jets]

Nate Hobbs (If Raiders fall to 2-4) [Slot DB: Raiders]

Unrealistic but would pull the trigger for

Kyle Pitts

Danielle Hunter

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Seeing the possibility of our defense slowly going a bit stagnant with injuries like Goodwin and Vander Esch, could we be in the market for a couple of players.

What about Brian Burns OLB from Carolina, great player but going to have to probably pick up his 5th year option. Say we trade a 3rd and Michael Gallup WR for him and possibly a safety (you pick). He would be an asset to the defense allowing Parsons to still be more of a DE. He also is a long term solution especially with Vander Esch neck problems and with Overshine coming back next year, gives us a very good LB corp.

Also, what about Chase Young DE from Washington. He is a free agent at the end of the year and seems to finally found out how to play. Washington isn't going to resign him especially since Sweat is going to get the big contract. Say a trade of Armstrong DE, Hendershot TE, and probably a 2nd round pick (although I would make it a 3rd in 2025 based on Young production and if we can resign him). If Young keeps producing like he has then he really helps the defensive line and long term a replacement for DLaw who probably is gone after the year.

This still gives us our 1st who we should use on an OL at OT or OG.

Just trying to find ways to make the team better.

I love your Brian Burns answer, but Chase Young is not very good bro..I don't know why people don't think that.
He is legitimately and literally not a top 4 player on his defense.

Daron Payne, Jonathon Allen, Montez Sweat, and Kendall Fuller are better players on that defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think Dak has had the pleasure of playing on teams as bad as the one's Darnold has started for. When Mayfield was healthy with the Browns, he was a solid QB. Put Dak on Tampa or Caroline. See how many games they win.
that's ******* hilarious dude.. put mahomes on most of those teams and they're going to be bad as well....NO Reid no Kelce no Hill early on loaded team..sure PM could win games alone..show me LOL

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How about Cowboys players that can be traded?

-Cooper Rush: Teams want backup QB's. Dallas knows what they have in Rush. If this season slips away they are going to want to get a look at Trey Lance, so moving Rush for a draft pick makes sense.

-Dorance Armstrong: Where has he been this year? The Cowboys have enough edge rushers and moving Armstrong for even a 6th or 7th round pick in his walk season is a win.

-Neville Gallimore: He's been better this year but the Cowboys are going to go with Mazi Smith long term because of the first round investment. Gallimore could be swapped for a pick or player.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Trade a 6th for James Connor. Pollard is not an every down back.
I could get behind this. Especially since Connor went to the same high school as myself. The last guy from my hometown, who played for the Cowboys, was Mark Stepnoski and I'm pretty sure he worked out really nicely. The only thing that would give me pause is Connor's injury history. Pretty sure that he's injured again? If you're going to make an in season trade, you've got to have confidence that the guy will be available when called upon.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is something wrong with this offense. I don't see Stephen agreeing to any trade unless they win the next 2 games then he might be open to it.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
This team hasn’t earned a trade unless it’s one that could help Trey Lance next year

Flamma

Reaction score
that's ******* hilarious dude.. put mahomes on most of those teams and they're going to be bad as well....NO Reid no Kelce no Hill early on loaded team..sure PM could win games alone..show me LOL
That's my point. Someone said he didn't make the Jets better. No one was making that crap Jets team better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's my point. Someone said he didn't make the Jets better. No one was making that crap Jets team better.
no your point is you think it Prescott landed on worse team ala say David carr treatment , he might now have ever got paid or been successful maybe not last in this league. . And I'm telling you that happens all over the place even with better quarterbacks... 95% of the starting quarterbacks need a team around them to be successful period end of story point is my point
isn't it ironic that jalen hurts his first two years everyone thought he might be a bust?? They got him some talent now they think he's elite? Yesterday some of that talent went off the field now he looks like a average quarterback again.. see what no run game , weak OL, being made one dimensional looks like for most qbs?? God rock Purdy came down to earth crashing without a parachute, a few guys go our.

Right, the whole Oh well Prescott needs help or he's just an average quarterback...

95% of the top 15 quarterbacks you can say that about..

thats a fact...

FTW...

Flamma

Reaction score
no your point is you think it Prescott landed on worse team ala say David carr treatment , he might now have ever got paid or been successful maybe not last in this league. . And I'm telling you that happens all over the place even with better quarterbacks... 95% of the starting quarterbacks need a team around them to be successful period end of story point is my point
isn't it ironic that jalen hurts his first two years everyone thought he might be a bust?? They got him some talent now they think he's elite? Yesterday some of that talent went off the field now he looks like a average quarterback again.. see what no run game , weak OL, being made one dimensional looks like for most qbs?? God rock Purdy came down to earth crashing without a parachute, a few guys go our.

Right, the whole Oh well Prescott needs help or he's just an average quarterback...

thats a fact...

FTW...
Dude, I agree 100%.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dude, I agree 100%.
We might wanna mark this down it might be the first time we've ever agreed... I'll admit I'm an unagreeable person is that a word? I say what I say and I don't take it back...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

thats a fact...

FTW...
Purdy/Hurts aren't the comparison, that's Wilson and Stafford. Unfortunately, as Jones due to the differed bonus' we wouldn't get the 'cheaper' early years (unless Dak's willing to forsake his 2024 salary and a very team friendly deal).
As for tradeline improvements, I don't know where to start as Dak would need: big bodied receiver, improved hash running RB and O-Line help to protect him... we are just too far off to give him the necessary weapons.

Flamma

Reaction score
We might wanna mark this down it might be the first time we've ever agreed... I'll admit I'm an unagreeable person is that a word? I say what I say and I don't take it back...
I read your posts. I don't always agree. But I'd say I agree more than I don't. And of course, there are a lot of half agree too. But yeah, I think you are spot on in this conversation. Team matters. Help matters.