Trade Deadline Approaching. Will Dallas make a move

kskboys

Reaction score
Seeing the possibility of our defense slowly going a bit stagnant with injuries like Goodwin and Vander Esch, could we be in the market for a couple of players.

What about Brian Burns OLB from Carolina, great player but going to have to probably pick up his 5th year option. Say we trade a 3rd and Michael Gallup WR for him and possibly a safety (you pick). He would be an asset to the defense allowing Parsons to still be more of a DE. He also is a long term solution especially with Vander Esch neck problems and with Overshine coming back next year, gives us a very good LB corp.

Also, what about Chase Young DE from Washington. He is a free agent at the end of the year and seems to finally found out how to play. Washington isn't going to resign him especially since Sweat is going to get the big contract. Say a trade of Armstrong DE, Hendershot TE, and probably a 2nd round pick (although I would make it a 3rd in 2025 based on Young production and if we can resign him). If Young keeps producing like he has then he really helps the defensive line and long term a replacement for DLaw who probably is gone after the year.

This still gives us our 1st who we should use on an OL at OT or OG.

Just trying to find ways to make the team better.
Only move we should consider making is if there is a monstrous 3 tech available. That is a huge hole in our D and was a big reason we lost Sunday.

I would love to have Brian Burns. You do realize that would mean moving Parsons to LB, right? W/ Burns/DLaw/Armstrong and maybe even Sammy, there would be no room for him at DE.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Jerryism holds true, we'll give up major resources for a WR.
Or a RB. He misses Zeke.

The Pollard can run every down crowd sure are quiet this year. Not that Zeke was good but we needed someone who could carry the load while Pollard came in and changed the pace.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Leonard Williams - DT - Giants
Josh Uche - LB - Pats
Josey Jewell - LB - Denver
Frank Clark - LB - Denver

I'd be interested in adding any of the above

mldardy

Reaction score
You ever notice when someone posts that, it doesn't fit and is really really lame?
You ever notice when people complain about that, they are the most triggered people on the planet? I'll answer for you, HELL YES

J-man

Reaction score
IMHO, they should be very active before the deadline.
We need a starting LB, more CB depth and a power RB needs to be obtained. We have to be able to run the ball in short yardage, period.
And TBH, we could use an upgrade at WR. Sorry but the trio of Lamb, MG and Cooks especially, have been very disappointing. I think JJ needs to make a big swing and upgrade this offense or we could be in real trouble.

mldardy

Reaction score
A trade in the NFL is as common as Halley's Comet.
Incorrect. Dean Marlowe, Bradley Chubb, Calvin Ridley, Christian McCaffrey, Chase Claypool, TJ Hockenson, Roquan Smith, Kadarius Toney, Robert Quinn, Jonathan Hankins, and Robbie Anderson were among the players traded at the deadline last year.